project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Official PR Tournament News
31 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Official PR Tournament News Official Project Reality Tournament news releases and announcements.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2011, 10:35 PM   #21
sgt.helltrouphy

Default Re: Campaign 10 Preview #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Gaz View Post
The main reasons are;

1) The admin team being unsustainable. The group we had were devoted, but being worn out quickly.
2) Not enough new blood willing to step up and lead as commanders. C10 was designed to get away from the usual e-drama. With the same people as previously applied, this was deemed by myself as a huge problem.

In time, the BF2 side of things may return. At present, the tournament site will resurface soon as an ARMA2 project. Watch this space.
Thank you for the explanation.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:37 PM   #22
Tirak

See, simple.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:41 PM   #23
Peeta
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Thanks Gaz, being from the World Cup and seeing the Management side of things, I can definitely understand.

That's all I was asking for. It's still a shame though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:00 PM   #24
PFunk

Well... World Cup anyone? :P

[PR]NATO|P*Funk

Old 09-29-2011, 01:19 AM   #25
cyberzomby

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Gaz View Post
The main reasons are;

2) Not enough new blood willing to step up and lead as commanders. C10 was designed to get away from the usual e-drama. With the same people as previously applied, this was deemed by myself as a huge problem.
Without reading the rest of the list from here on, I have to say: I applaud this! Had you said this ahead of the tournament I think you would had more new blood. I would have even tried signing up if I knew this. But I was afraid of going up against the veterans of old campaigns CO wise.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:34 AM   #26
[R-CON]Wicca
PR:BF2 Event Coordinator
Supporting Member

We can organize community matches like the ones the R-COM team did?

That could be a substitute.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:53 AM   #27
cyberzomby

Yea! That was also a shame it stopped. I even was part of the team at that time good old times <3 But that would be an excellent idea. Wasn't there a community who did something like that for an event? Thinking about it, think it was PRTA with Iron Eagle (IDF vs MEC ) IDF team dug in to the caves when we won that city.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:05 AM   #28
[R-CON]Wicca
PR:BF2 Event Coordinator
Supporting Member

Fair enough. Ill see what i can do.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.

Old 09-29-2011, 05:23 AM   #29
Web_cole
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Web_cole Send a message via Skype™ to Web_cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberzomby View Post
Had you said this ahead of the tournament I think you would had more new blood. I would have even tried signing up if I knew this.
It does seem like if there had been a front page announcement to this effect, it would have opened up some new people to the possibility.

But I guess that's somewhat academic if the admin team isn't stable or sustainable.

(Thanks for the explanation Gaz.)

For Aiur
Old 09-29-2011, 06:07 AM   #30
Orthas

I do not fully understand the problem of not getting enough candidates. As far as I have heard from others who applied, there were at least 10 candidates. Out of those 2 were previous commanders. And 2 more were previously members of command staff of teams. The 2 members who were part of CO staff were there for only one campaign or less, which would I think be welcome for team COs to have an idea how the tournament works. However even if you wanted none of those, you still had at least 6 more to choose from.

Other problems are probably more valid though.

Closed Thread