Project Reality Forums

Project Reality Forums (http://www.realitymod.com/forum/)
-   Official PR Tournament News (http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f110-official-pr-tournament-news)
-   -   Campaign 10 Preview #1 (http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f110-official-pr-tournament-news/103267-campaign-10-preview-1-a.html)

A.Finest 09-25-2011 11:10 AM

Re: Campaign 10 Preview #1

Already in line for the Inf sign-up's!

Onil 09-26-2011 09:29 AM

2 more days until the deadline for the PRT CO applications.

sgt.helltrouphy 09-28-2011 10:02 PM

Ummm what?

Peeta 09-28-2011 10:09 PM

My thoughts precisely.^^

It's a damned shame. The PRT was always the most exciting event in PR and CX was looking to be the best campaign I've seen.

Tirak 09-28-2011 10:11 PM

Kinda self explanatory don't you think?

Peeta 09-28-2011 10:11 PM

And no, not really Tirak...

Tirak 09-28-2011 10:14 PM

Which part isn't clear?

Peeta 09-28-2011 10:24 PM

"Very complex and far reaching issues both within and outside of the Admin Team..."

That tells me that the Admins have encountered an issue(s) that they don't know how to solve. That could be one of many things.

My point is maybe the community could assist in helping the Admins... But if we aren't told anything, then nothing can be helped, can it?

I'm not going to make big deal out of it and push the issue, I expect some formal announcement is being made.

sgt.helltrouphy 09-28-2011 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tirak (Post 1673321)
Which part isn't clear?

Not an admin and never was but it can't be that hard to find other people willing to lead the tourney(probably is, but hey the show must go on huh?). The tournament for most players is the most anticipated event in the fall but to see it get cancelled just like that when everyone is coming out of the rock. If there's more then the admin team that is holding back then tournament then that is the part which isn't very clear to us.

Gaz 09-28-2011 10:29 PM

The main reasons are;

1) The admin team being unsustainable. The group we had were devoted, but being worn out quickly and dwindling fast.

2) Not enough new blood willing to step up and lead as commanders. C10 was designed to get away from the usual e-drama. With the same people as previously applied, this was deemed by myself as a huge problem.

3) Tournament players seeming to think that the tournament is somehow bigger than the PR Mod as a whole and should therefore receive precidence as such from senior staff members, and volunteer admins.The attitude shown by some in the past has been a massive hinderance in any kind of stability for the tournament.

4) A completely baseless rumour from an ex-member of the admin team breaching their NDA and running about telling people that commanders had been chosen; when, on inspection. the admin team hadn't even come close to coming to a decision, never mind commander interviews. That admin was removed seperately, shortly before this decision was discussed.

5) All of the above did not support and further the PR brand; therefore the BF2 tournament has been put on indefinate hold.

In time, the BF2 side of things may return. At present, the tournament site will resurface soon as an ARMA2 project. Watch this space.