project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
19 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2011, 10:31 AM   #1
Sprats

Send a message via Skype™ to Sprats
Default Tribe of Papua New Guinea - video

This video has became extremely popular over a day (almost 500k) views on youtube.
It is about an unknown tribe in the deep jungle of Papua New Guinea. It was recorder over 30 years ago by a documentary makers. It shows a tribe meeting a white man for the first time in their life, shows how they react and how they behave to "technologies" of that time.

Here is a music video, which is 14 minutes long, it is edited from a couple of series of videos.
YouTube Video

(to me this video bringed some tears in my eyes)

This is unedited video, which is 14 minutes length. It is the first part of the documentary, more will be uploaded by that youtube guy.
YouTube Video

I think that it is absolutely amazing experience for both, the white guy and the tribe people. You can see fear, you can see joy. It actually made me think about many things that I cannot even name. Please watch both videos without skipping.

edit:
YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

(More videos to be uploaded soon)

[19:52] Max [dreamsequencer]: exactly
[19:52] Max [dreamsequencer]: but who cares. seriously.
[19:53] Max [dreamsequencer]: i'd rather fuck my dog than marry a slut
[19:53] Qemist: .......................

Epic words by epic people..
Last edited by Sprats; 06-24-2011 at 07:55 PM..
Old 06-24-2011, 01:03 PM   #2
Pantera

Default Re: Tribe of Papua New Guinea - video

Wow, it just brings shivers down my spine everytime i watch it.

Utterly speechless

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pantera is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:42 PM   #3
badmojo420
Supporting Member

Great footage, I want to see more.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:59 PM   #4
=Toasted=

I loved the part with the mirror.

Bob_Marley - "This is an outrage! If we're going to spend money on black projects they should be much more amusing and/or explosive than this."

PR In-Game Alias: =Epic-Toast=
=Toasted= is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:25 PM   #5
hiberNative

maybe that's how we should live.

-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hiberNative is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:26 PM   #6
gaurd502

Nah that's not for me.
gaurd502 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:34 PM   #7
sell

this is so great, and this is the reason i want a time machine, so i can do something like this, and of course with a time machine i cloud, watch the greatest battle in history, or i don't know tons of stuff^^
sell is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:52 PM   #8
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiberNative View Post
Why, though? These people don't seem any more or less happy than the people around me, to be honest. I'm not saying that they should be living in a different way - but I don't see how living like them would be of any benefit to me.

The danger of dying to easily curable diseases or wild animals, the low standard of living with no luxury and the lack of understanding about the world don't seem better to me than my current life to be quite honest. I'm not depressed. I'm not angry at society - and I'm not rich or successful either. I'm just an average joe and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that that'd make me want to drop everything and go live in the forest.

What is important, and what usually is the reason for the romantic image of living in a tribe is the fact that it is a tribe. That our social life is still stuck at that level in todays world which doesn't really support it. There's people who are born "leaders", but don't have anyone to lead. People who want to take care of people, but have noone to take care of. Hell, even people who are born hunters and have nothing to hunt. Which is why there's people founding companies (or creating squads in PR) because they want to lead. People who become nurses or teachers because they want to take care of people. People who... well, go out hunting, because they want to hunt. Or become businessmen and make money their goal, instead of food. These things aren't impossible in the modern world.

I sometimes feel that I'd like to be in a 'tribe'. A romantic vision. Simple social structures. But a large family in the modern world is the equivalent to that, in all (social) regards. So is a large group of friends. There's still tribes. People always form tribes. These guys in the video might be the 'purest' form of a tribe, which is surely somewhat romantic. But it's not perfect. I have my 'tribe' in every social group I am part of, while still enjoying a (hopefully) long and good life. That part of my instinct can, and naturally will always, be satisfied in the modern world.

What, their social structure aside, do these people in the video have? Less to worry about? No. Just different things. Being an educated, somewhat intelligent person, I can deal with the things I have to worry about in a modern world. I'd be completely screwed in the jungle, however. Which is why I understand that maybe these tribes won't stand a chance in the modern world; but that doesn't make their style of living superior. It's just better suited for them, who grew up and always lived that way. But why would I want that? Why should I live that way? If we take my skills out of the equation, what remains is social life, hunting in the forest and dying early vs. social life, having a job and dying late while enjoying luxury. I'll go for the latter, thank you.

Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature! || If you need help or have a question, feel free to contact me via

[R-DEV]Spec is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:17 PM   #9
youm0nt

Quote:
I wouldn't like to live like the Etoro...

(o,o)
|)__)

-"-"-
O RLY?
youm0nt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:23 PM   #10
ComradeChaos

Quote:
Without PR? Please.