project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
21 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #841
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: General Fitness Thread

that's something I've been wondering about actually, I use the pocket in the back of my shorts atm, never had problems before today, but an armband would be nice to put powersongs etc on?

Anyone who has an opinion over pocket Vs armband, I'd appreciate it.

Do headphone wires get all over the place with an armband?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #842
WelshManDan

Coincidentally, I'm bumping this thread with a similar problem!

I have 1 week left of my cut (barely call it a cut, it's just removing unwanted fat before college starts).

I'm aiming to lose 2lbs this week and have absolutely SHIT loads of cardio planned.

I can handle the rope jumping/cycling as I've got a stationary bike and a rope (obviously) and I can manage the time/calories efficiently with it, but running isn't really my strongpoint.

A few questions for the runners amongst us -

Ever ran in track suit trousers/sweatpants? I figure it's a good way to hold my phone (for music/tracker) but imagine it may get horrible after 20 minutes of jogging? Any alternative ways to run with an iPhone? (was thinking a tight hoodie with pockets).

How long do you usually run for, what speed and how far?

Also - don't know why I didn't answer earlier Rudd but I imagine the problem is sorted now. Nah wires shouldn't be a problem, usually a place to tuck in unwanted wire and just allow enough to go to your ear.
WelshManDan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:45 AM   #843
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I've decided to get an arm band, just waiting for my next NHS bursary to come in :P

One thing I was thinking of was the possibility of sweat damage to the phone

I routinely run 10k now (takes me an hour, but it is a hilly route I take) so by the end I am pretty moist hahaha.

I'd die if I ran in a tracksuit, even in winter I'm out in shorts and tshirt. I'm a cold weather person, the heat just destroys me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:08 AM   #844
[R-CON]Spyker2041
PR:BF2 Contributor
Project Reality Beta Tester

Send a message via Skype™ to [R-CON]Spyker2041

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudd View Post
I'd die if I ran in a tracksuit, even in winter I'm out in shorts and tshirt. I'm a cold weather person, the heat just destroys me.
Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudd View Post
I am pretty moist hahaha.
Also... quoted for the truth

Take a look at my gameplay vids -->

[R-CON]Spyker2041 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:24 AM   #845
WelshManDan

Hmm true, I always run in sweatpants in the gym, although thats more of just doing cardio after weights rather than focusing on burning lots of calories.

Not cool (or big) enough to wear Shorts and a tight vest to the gym yet. When will it be my turn.
WelshManDan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:46 AM   #846
hiberNative

man i have to once again recommend "zombies run". such a triple A app with top of the line voice-acting and functionality (only tried with gps). i've used it a lot and it works great with mp3s but sadly not spotify yet.

https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

also, anyone have experience with long sleeve Under Armour? planning on getting a tight-ish for the chillier days.

-
Last edited by hiberNative; 08-27-2012 at 07:53 AM..
Old 08-27-2012, 08:21 AM   #847
Kirra

Lulz, I've recently started BBJ'ing in addition to strength training. Good night sweet food budget.
Kirra is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:19 AM   #848
BrownBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirra View Post
Lulz, I've recently started BBJ'ing in addition to strength training. Good night sweet food budget.
A Google search yields "Bareback Blow Job". This sounds appropriate.

BrownBadger is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:18 AM   #849
Mj Pain
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiberNative View Post
also, anyone have experience with long sleeve Under Armour? planning on getting a tight-ish for the chillier days.
Only been rollin in them (rashguard for sw). Keeps you feeling nice, dry and cool.
Not used for cold days but perhaps there are different kinds of longsleeve UA.

"Playing PR - Better drink my own piss." Ploddit
Mj Pain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #850
KP
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiberNative View Post
man i have to once again recommend "zombies run". such a triple A app with top of the line voice-acting and functionality (only tried with gps). i've used it a lot and it works great with mp3s but sadly not spotify yet.

https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

Which model? The Cold Gear? I've got one of those compression tops, and it works nicely, once you get used to the feeling. If it's just for skiing/snowboarding and staying warm, I'd still recommend wool close to the body. Tried it underneath a thin fleece shirt and jacket this winter, and felt like it wasn't as warm as, say, a Brynje Arctic top. This was a pretty cold day, mind you. Felt just nice when moving about, though, so might just work for running in winter. Never tried it. I generally use a running t-shirt and a hoodie if it gets really cold. Other than that I've got one of those UA Heat Gear longsleeved things that's a slighty looser fit that I use for chilly days. But, then again, I generally get very warm and sweat a lot.

More guns and bullets make bad guys go away faster,
which in turn makes everyone in the area safer.

-Paul Howe
Last edited by KP; 08-27-2012 at 12:22 PM..

Tags
fitness, general, thread, workout