project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
23 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2011, 01:12 AM   #31
Desertfox

Default Re: Decision Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Grounded_Pilot View Post
The more I hang out on this and other forums populated by people from all over the world (and Canada too :P) the more I'm astonished by how much everybody else knows about our politics. The non-US people on here sure seem to have a more solid bead on what's going on in our country than a lot of the "typical Americans" I've worked and lived with in the past...
I think part of it is because most of the forums etc I visist have a higher majority of Americans, I mean California has a higher population then Canada :P

I mean this in the nicest way possible but most Canadians are fairly well informed of atleast the basics in the states but I can't exactly say its the other way around. I remember trying to book something in the states (Can't exactly remember, may have been tickets to a show in vegas or a hotel in seattle or something) and telling them we were coming from vancouver and they refused to believe there was a Vancouver other then Vancouver WA and we are the 3rd biggest city in Canada.

You would be surprised at the amount of people who just don't know where Vancouver is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Desertfox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:13 AM   #32
Tannhauser

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmojo420 View Post
What really sucks about Canadian politics is half the time they're speaking French.
Bwahahah.

QC : Problem Canada? *trollface*

«Hollywood jackasses who insist on spending seriously huge amounts of money to make films that even my cat won't watch. And he'll happily sit in the bathroom and watch me shit.»
- [R-DEV]Masaq
Tannhauser is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:49 AM   #33
badmojo420
Supporting Member

Most of the media in Canada comes directly from the US. They had to make a requirement for a certain percentage of Canadian content a while ago.

Canadian content - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have a talent for spotting Canadian shows on TV after only a few seconds of watching. Its just... different.

I blame Colbert for my knowledge of US politics being better than my Canadian or Canadien politics.
Last edited by badmojo420; 05-05-2011 at 03:04 AM.. Reason: ocd
Old 05-05-2011, 12:29 PM   #34
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Project Reality Beta Tester

Three cheers to Harper and his passive aggressive academic economist personality, he simply didn't piss off the Quebecois, and they rewarded him handsomely for it by voting out BQ and voting in NDP.

What will be interesting is the Albertan and Quebecois separatists arguing over parallel decentralisation going forward from here, from opposite sides of the aisle...

Free Arcadia!

at least you can finally get rid of the long gun registry once and for all?

Someone give Stockwell Day a sovereign coffee mug in the sanitarium... :P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-COM]LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:35 PM   #35
rangedReCon

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmojo420 View Post
What really sucks about Canadian politics is half the time they're speaking French.
Well more than 20% of our population speaks French as their preferred language. I really think all provinces ought to make learning French mandatory so we achieve true bilingualism, like New Brunswick.

EDIT: Quebec should make learning English mandatory as well.

rangedReCon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:52 PM   #36
badmojo420
Supporting Member

Learning French isn't mandatory in other provinces? I'm pretty sure it is in Ontario. I even went to a French immersion elementary school. But, I still can't follow politics in French, they're confusing enough in English.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:10 PM   #37
CroCop
Project Reality Beta Tester

I thought that French was mandatory only in certain areas?

CroCop is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:53 PM   #38
Mad_terrorist

Quote:
Well more than 20% of our population speaks French as their preferred language. I really think all provinces ought to make learning French mandatory so we achieve true bilingualism, like New Brunswick.
People in New Brunswick often speak Frenglish, from my experience.

For those who have a basic french understanding, listen to that, its quite fun! :

YouTube - Les ?rections f?d?rales par Harper [Original]
Mad_terrorist is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:36 PM   #39
-Sauso-

Here in BC where i went to school we had to take French from grade 6-8 after. (after that it was optional)

Not sure if that was all of BC or certain school districts.

-Sauso- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:16 PM   #40
Tannhauser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITOralis.nMd View Post
Three cheers to Harper and his passive aggressive academic economist personality, he simply didn't piss off the Quebecois, and they rewarded him handsomely for it by voting out BQ and voting in NDP.

What will be interesting is the Albertan and Quebecois separatists arguing over parallel decentralisation going forward from here, from opposite sides of the aisle...

Free Arcadia!

at least you can finally get rid of the long gun registry once and for all?

Someone give Stockwell Day a sovereign coffee mug in the sanitarium... :P
I don't know if I should cry or laugh.

I'm scout.

I think I'm gonna cry now.

«Hollywood jackasses who insist on spending seriously huge amounts of money to make films that even my cat won't watch. And he'll happily sit in the bathroom and watch me shit.»
- [R-DEV]Masaq
Tannhauser is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
canada, decision