project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
29 Jul 2016, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2011, 07:40 AM   #191
Hjid
Default Re: Alpha Project (BF2 Mod)

Well I can't think of any good ways to determine if the mag has run dry or not, but I got two ideas.

The first one is the same as bad_santa's on bfeditor.org, where you have the dry reload when the ammo in your mag is less than 30%.

The second way is to have the overheat on the weapon to show a button that is automatically pressed each time you fire a bullet. Although I'm not sure if you can make the button appear and still make the overheat cool until the next shot. If that is possible however, you could make the button run a script which would count the bullets fired from that weapon. The downside is that it will not work if you pick up another weapon with half a magazine.

The first one is the easiest to make, but still the amount of work required to get it working on all weapons in PR seems like quite a job.

We're currently awaiting moddb to authorize the first official Alpha Project mappack:

Alpha Project Winter Mappack image - Mod DB
Quote:
Hohoho! This is our chrsitmas present for our loyal fans, have fun digging in the snow because you will find lots of them in the upcomming winter mappack, expect the mappack to be released within the next days, it is already uploaded and is only awaiting authorization

FEATURED MAPS
  • Christmas Hill
  • Frostbite
  • Frostbite Night

SPECIAL CONTENT
  • new HD arctic camo sleeves for us and mec soldiers
  • new HD skin for the dragunov sniperrifle
  • various hidden pickupkits to be found on all maps
  • find the hidden and limited AK47 pickupkit with olive polimer grip and buttstock, happy searching

stay tuned for the download to become available under the "addons" section of the alpha project moddb mainsite

The Alpha Project team wishes you all merry christmas and happy holidays!!!
Hjid is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:32 PM   #192
Shovel
Supporting Member

Looks good!

We get a bunch of people from the PR community to play this one night.

Shovel009
Shovel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:00 PM   #193
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

can t wait to try winter maps
[R-COM]rushn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 12:19 PM   #194
SoloWing

Default Next gen BF2

Bit late to notice but this mod(called Alpha Project) has seriously impressive visual and animation fidelity

Still, BF2 engine has so much potential

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F0nibYeY6A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXzFyYRHXBU
SoloWing is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 12:50 PM   #195
W.Darwin
Banned
Default Re: Next gen BF2

People who ask for better graphics are to my opinion childish.

For Entertainment and as far as video game should go, this is enough.

This crazy race for esthetic is really killing the video game essence.
Its like dating a beautiful woman with no talent and bold personnality.
W.Darwin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 02:11 PM   #196
SoloWing

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Darwin View Post
People who ask for better graphics are to my opinion childish.
Don't be an old man, old man. If other things being equal, people always choose the prettier one. Graphics and Visual Effects are clearly important motivational factors in gameplay.

In my point of view, to attract new and sustain the player-base longer, PR also have to constantly focus on these factors as possible.

P.S. Anyway, I didn't mean that PR looks ugly, I just want it to keep improve.
Last edited by SoloWing; 01-26-2016 at 02:26 PM..
Old 01-26-2016, 02:27 PM   #197
W.Darwin
Banned

I will prove you wrong with this simple fact.

PR player base always remained. Because it is quality. We do not need to be sustained.
The real community slowly grow and its better this way. I rather get 400 aware player than 40 000 that have no clue about what is supposed to be done.

The real players on this game do not enjoy this technique to attract new players.

All we get is childish newcomer who think they can play with the same mechanic as other FPS wich use these marketings fake shit.

The no#1 motivation for people to come up PR should be the mechanic and logistic that it provide.
Nothing else.

I hate when flashy texture or over-polygonized statics eat my RAM. Better keep it simple and efficient.
Candy-ass new-gen kiddo.

hehe
(Apologise for the poor language, it is not a habit of mine)
Old 01-26-2016, 02:48 PM   #198
W.Darwin
Banned

YouTube Video

0:01 - 0:07

Wow! Would it be possible for an admin or with some special technique to make someone set in real-time during a round the time of the day?!?

This would be so cool!

Let's say, every 30 min the map lighting change and over the course of a round the players could fight during the day and night!!

(sorry for double post, it is not a habit of mine)

(hehehe)
Old 01-26-2016, 04:19 PM   #199
SoloWing

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Darwin View Post
I will prove you wrong with this simple fact.

PR player base always remained. Because it is quality. We do not need to be sustained.
The real community slowly grow and its better this way. I rather get 400 aware player than 40 000 that have no clue about what is supposed to be done.

The real players on this game do not enjoy this technique to attract new players.

All we get is childish newcomer who think they can play with the same mechanic as other FPS wich use these marketings fake shit.

The no#1 motivation for people to come up PR should be the mechanic and logistic that it provide.
Nothing else.

I hate when flashy texture or over-polygonized statics eat my RAM. Better keep it simple and efficient.
Candy-ass new-gen kiddo.

hehe
(Apologise for the poor language, it is not a habit of mine)
I don't know why you predicate and generalize that the people who seek better looking scenery are all childish graphics whore or clueless players. If they don't like the game, they will leave. If they like it, they will learn and stay. If they are troll, they will ban. We all were once a noob you know.

And I'm not suggest to add those flashy textures or over-polygonized statics. All I hope are the correction and deepening of the colours, enhancement of the environmental effects and more sophisticated animation to improve the atmosphere of the game.

Finally, don't be assure PR player base will be everlasting. It already suffered several crisis before and always new patches saved it. PR needs evolve to survive and the community must grow more.
SoloWing is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 04:31 PM   #200
W.Darwin
Banned

Excuse me SoloWing, I didnt meant to critic your post.

I actually like this mod and I like the work made on the polishing of the engine, when I wrote ''For Entertainment and as far as video game should go, this is enough.''

''this is enough''

This meant, the video you sent give a satisfying graphic rendering of a virtual environment. It was intended to be positive.

About player base. I don't know if you made the history of PR your personnal homework but one part of what hapenned is that some of the old players actually left because they didnt like how the Dev's changed the game with patches.
(As for my personnal opinion, the only negative point I got on the changes applied is the music. It was all better before 1.0 )

But Most likely, the game keep running because veteran still play. and also when we get lucky, with the newcomers that take time to tame this uncommon video-game and actually play well.

Bottom line, I think we share a similar vision on this topic.
Deeper atmosphere, better animations, improved mechanic!
That's where its at
Finally,
do I stereotype people that prioritize
graphics quality as bad players?
Definately.

I had some people saying that when they like to chill they just play easy video-game or brainless video-game like BF3 BF4, COD, rainbowsix siege, CSGO.. All these kind of fast paced FPS (prolly all fps nowaday)

But I disagree with them because, you can chill and relax over a round of PR, either AAS or INS.
When I wanna play chill in PR I make a Logistic Squad, a Mortar Squad, or a scouting squad. You get 2-3 guy in ur squad and u talk while doing ur things slowly.

When ur ins, u can just go crazy and do whatever u want, rush the enemy with no strategy, just aiming for the kills.

There is a place for goofin off in this game, you just need to find the right place to do it :P

Basically, PR > 99% of videogame on the market
Last edited by W.Darwin; 01-26-2016 at 04:51 PM..

Tags
alpha, alphaproject, animation, battlefield, bf2, gen, graphics, harcoded, mod, project, thought, visual