project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
23 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
Mr.Talala
Unhappy An internet Question

So for the last few months now, i've had some internet problems, that for a gamer are REALLY annoying (sucking internet connection).
I'm going to post some Info and i hope that maybe someone here can provide an answer on how to fix it, or something.

Computer: I have a HP Pavilion Elite HPE-410y PC
Spec's: AME Phenom II 1045T Six-Core Processor
ATI Radeon HD 5570 Series (Has 1 GB dedicated video memory with DDR3)
8GB DDR3 System memory
1 Terebyte Hardrive
A blue Ray and DVD player
64 Bit Window's 7
Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n

Internet: My provider is Comcast, other than that, i'm not sure.

So, your good at internet stuff, please help me answer my question, (which is) why is it that with what is suppose to be a good internet, why am i constantly getting Connection problems in game. I get this multiple times, IE: Weather i am home alone, or not, weather i'm the only one using the internet or not. If you need more info, i'll post it, but i hope what i gave is enough for now.
I hope you can help solve my problem, well help me solve my problem.

From a fellow Gamer,
Thanks
-Mr.Talala AKA Robert
Mr.Talala is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:38 PM   #2
Pedz
Supporting Member

Default Re: An internet Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Talala View Post
So for the last few months now, i've had some internet problems, that for a gamer are REALLY annoying (sucking internet connection).
I'm going to post some Info and i hope that maybe someone here can provide an answer on how to fix it, or something.

Computer: I have a HP Pavilion Elite HPE-410y PC
Spec's: AME Phenom II 1045T Six-Core Processor
ATI Radeon HD 5570 Series (Has 1 GB dedicated video memory with DDR3)
8GB DDR3 System memory
1 Terebyte Hardrive
A blue Ray and DVD player
64 Bit Window's 7
Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n

Internet: My provider is Comcast, other than that, i'm not sure.

So, your good at internet stuff, please help me answer my question, (which is) why is it that with what is suppose to be a good internet, why am i constantly getting Connection problems in game. I get this multiple times, IE: Weather i am home alone, or not, weather i'm the only one using the internet or not. If you need more info, i'll post it, but i hope what i gave is enough for now.
I hope you can help solve my problem, well help me solve my problem.

From a fellow Gamer,
Thanks
-Mr.Talala AKA Robert
What is your monthly usage and are you going over the "daily" limit. Some contracts go advertise as monthly but as I found out with SKY(a UK provider, not sure if they do US too..) they were taking our 40GB a month usage and dividing it by day.. This meant we got around 1.3GB a day, which if i patched a game it would go over, and we had throttled internet for a few days. We spoke to sky and they lifted it all(and gave us free sky HD) as I was sure it wasn't in the contract.. But we've left them now and gone with another provider..

One thing you can try is asking for another router. Sometimes they become dysfunctional and can throttle the speeds.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pedz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:20 PM   #3
CallousDisregard
Banned

Bandwidth Speed Test | Broadband Internet Services
You can use that to check your provider's claims as to speed.
CallousDisregard is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:00 PM   #4
killonsight95
Supporting Member

that website isn't as good as speedtest choose a server close to where you live.
Post your ping, download speed and upload speed

PR, for me at least, runs very well on a 0.30 mbps.

Mine:

killonsight95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:07 PM   #5
ma21212
Supporting Member

jelly?

ma21212 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:18 PM   #6
badmojo420
Supporting Member

Are you behind a router? Try connecting directly to the internet and seeing if that solves the problem. If it does, you might need a new router.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:41 PM   #7
Haji with a Handgun

Not too bad. Comcast has been awesome to me, AT&T was charging the same price I'm paying now for around 100-200 kb/s

In Game: Marxman

Haji with a Handgun is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:05 PM   #8
ebevan91

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma21212 View Post
jelly?
But is the internet really that fast when you are using it?

I'm sure the U of Maryland has thousands of students on the internet at any given time.

Mine could be better, but a tornado passed about an hour and a half ago, and it is cloudy outside.

ebevan91 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:05 PM   #9
Airsoft Soldier
PR:BF2 Deputy Test Lead
Project Reality Beta Tester

You running wireless or wired? also check type of router, how many users are on it, and what background applications are running. Comcast ftw

Airsoft Soldier is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:11 PM   #10
Mr.Talala

Ok i should have been more Specific, my internet was fast when we first got it, loads up a Youtube Vid in under a minute, now, it takes anywhere from 10 Minutes or more (youtubes vids aren't that long usually)
I get connection Problems when i'm gaming, (with PR or just regular BF2, or other games, BC2 or MoH)
I am Wireless, which is why i put in the LAN description Above about my computer

I did the test, closest server was San Jose CA (i'm in a town called Ukiah)
Heres the results:
Ping: 25ms
Download speed: .26 Mbps
Upload speed: 2.76 Mbps
I assume that something isnt right about those speeds? or is it correct and my internet just isn't that great?
The router should be fine, but maybe i'm wrong.
Mr.Talala is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
connection, internet, lag, problems, question