project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
20 Sep 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
Web_cole
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Web_cole Send a message via Skype™ to Web_cole
Default Game of Thrones (TV Series) [SPOILERS]

So I just watched the premier of Game of Thrones, the TV adaptation of George RR Martins A song of Ice and Fire series of fantasy books. And yeh, I kinda liked it.

What did people think? I'd be interested to hear opinions from people who have read the books Vs people who have not. I have, and I think for me although I was making an effort not to, I quite often found myself thinking "That was different... and so was that."

****SEASON 1 BIG ASS SPOILER****

Select the below text to read it.

Although I get the impression the rest of the cast aren't exactly unknowns, I find it interesting that the only real big name there is Sean Bean, and his character will be dead at the end of this season. Gives me a bit of a chuckle every time I see "Starring Sean Bean" :P

****SEASON 1 BIG ASS SPOILER****

The production values certainly look excellent, but here's hoping they can keep to the complexity of the books for TV.

Last edited by Web_cole; 02-19-2013 at 01:57 PM..
Old 04-18-2011, 08:31 PM   #2
badmojo420
Supporting Member
Default Re: Game of Thrones (TV Series)

LOL

I thought it'd be a spoiler about the first episode, not the whole season. Oh well.

I've never read the books, and hadn't heard anything about the show. But, I enjoyed it. It seems to be very well written, produced, good acting, settings, etc. And I'm a sucker for anything 'historical' like that.

It's still too early to tell if I'll like the show. Usually I don't get into shows like this until about the 3rd or 4th episode. But, it's promising.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:35 PM   #3
Ductape

This thread got me to start reading the books, they are spectacular!

The preview seemed good, but since I don't have HBO, it will be a long time before I watch this, if ever.
Ductape is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:22 PM   #4
Sidewinder Zulu

Definitley gonna see this, partly because it looks good, but also just because HBO shows kick ass.

I mean, they have The Wire, The Pacific (hell yeah), Band of Brothers (double hell yeah), Rome, The Sopranos, and now this.
A very good track record if I ever saw one.
Sidewinder Zulu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:06 AM   #5
galeknight1

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmojo420 View Post
I thought it'd be a spoiler about the first episode, not the whole season. Oh well.
Same here, please be more specific in the warning ><

Otherwise yeah, really enjoyed the first episode. Production values look really high and the characters and plot seem really interesting (coming from someone who hasn't read the book). Really looking forward to see how it progresses, hope they keep the standards high.
galeknight1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:40 AM   #6
MaxCookies

Send a message via MSN to MaxCookies

I've watched the exclusive preview thingy as soon as it was released, and gotta say it was a bit of a disappointment. The first episode as a whole seems promising, though. Too bad it'll never be finished (the fifth book hasn't even been released yet and there's two more to be written)...

MaxCookies is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:09 AM   #7
cyberzomby

Ah nice! A friend of mine posted this on facebook as well. He likes it a lot. I'mma edit this out instead of banning you.

Dunehunter
Last edited by Dunehunter; 04-19-2011 at 04:16 AM..
Old 04-19-2011, 04:22 AM   #8
Web_cole
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by galeknight1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmojo420 View Post
Same here, please be more specific in the warning ><
Yeah, I'm calling fair warning on that one, spoilers is spoilers. However, I have edited the OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder Zulu View Post
I mean, they have The Wire, The Pacific (hell yeah), Band of Brothers (double hell yeah), Rome, The Sopranos, and now this.
Yeah, I love the Wire and that managed to be very mature (and childish ) at times, so I'm hoping they can give Game of Thrones a similar sort of treatment.

One thing I forgot to mention: I have to say I absolutely love the title sequence with the map of Westeros and Pentos. Its incredibly well done apart from anything else, and serves to give people a sense of place rather it just being some anonymous fantasy world they know nothing about. Great idea

Web_cole is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:17 AM   #9
Cheditor

Well i saw this advertised and was like "hmm Sean bean i shall watch this" found out it was adapted from a book series so went into reading it, half way through second now. There are the obvious changes from the book, the "prologue" bit in the forest annoyed me the most as they needlessly changed the characters for no reason in my opinion. I am hoping they do more series following the other books, that would be awesome!

Cheditor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:55 AM   #10
Web_cole
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheditor View Post
There are the obvious changes from the book, the "prologue" bit in the forest annoyed me the most as they needlessly changed the characters for no reason in my opinion.
That seemed really unnecessary to me as well, for some reason they had the young guy survive rather than the old guy.

I think there is supposed to be 10 episodes in this 1st season, which is not enough imo. Hopefully if its successful they will make the following seasons a bit longer and more in depth.

Web_cole is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
>, game, hold the door, ogre says nerds, poxo is ghey, series, spoilers, they all die, thrones