project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
17 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 04:21 PM   #41
Pantera

Default Re: What's the deal with anime fans?

is this going to turn into another one of those threads were we all post pictures showing our love/hate for something?

I mean yes anime is great but no need to be a nerd bout it.

Pantera is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:37 PM   #42
HeXeY

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]Robbi View Post
Iron Maiden duh

Hint - change the URL
You had to check the URL, tsk tsk tsk

On-topic: Insult fans, especially fanboys, and they will rage, that just how it is.

I've had the same experience with music, frinds of mine go "omg, that's so old" about songs from last year, and here my iPod is filled with songs with an average age of 10 years, if not more. We have this saying in Norway that I think fits here: The taste is like the behind, it's split.

I though don't watch anime, I've never really understood the fuzz about it, but hey, people may read/watch it as much as they like, I have my Pondus magazines

HeXeY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:56 PM   #43
[R-DEV]Psyrus
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito84 View Post
I watched a lot of anime movies (Akira, Grave of the Fireflies, Jin-roh, Ghost in the Shell and so on) and I also watched a lot of classic series (Evangelion, Planetes, Cowboy Bebop, Paranoia Agent, GTO, Ghost in the Shell 1st/2nd GiG and quite a few others I can't remember now).
I have seen most of those as well, as well as a couple of others (don't forget the classic gundams!) and they were great! I didn't enjoy Akira at all though
Quote:
They kept telling me that I will be convinced if I watch Bleach/Naruto/Code Gaess and a few others. I googled them all and thought most of them just looked like the Japanese equivalent of children's Saturday morning cartoons. I can't be bothered.
So you're judging something you haven't seen or bothered to find out more about? Having watched the old and the new... and being quite a Shonen fan, I'd say I find the newer stuff easier to watch, although they rely a fair bit on fillers and such these days, which I don't like. It has certainly become more commercialized, but that has both pluses and minuses. Naruto, Code Geass & Bleach have all been enjoyable to watch. Death note was also great!
Quote:
My question is, why do anime fans suck so much? Why do they watch garbage? Seriously, if this group is representative of anime fanboys... then I finally understand why people hate them so much.
I find that rather hypocritical... they say the 'old style' anime is bad and their 'new ones' are better, which you criticize them about... and yet you do the exact same thing to the newer anime, admittedly not watching it and yet calling it garbage.

[R-DEV]Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:15 PM   #44
Naruto-kun

Duh, my Anime obsession passed away 6-7 months ago(My nick shows that I was really into it 3yrs ago and I'm too lazy to make a new account on these forums ;PppPp)

When I think about it as a Norwegian, I think about it as some really offensive childrens TV(Blood, Focus on female body parts etc etc) and I can understand pretty well why only harmless things as Pok?mon ever made it to Norwegian TV screens.

I quit anime cause I felt that I became too wierd

Known as LABANEN3 ingame
Naruto-kun is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #45
Bamtoman

Send a message via AIM to Bamtoman Send a message via Skype™ to Bamtoman

Talking about annoying fans
This video will piss you off so much you would rather do sexy time with me

This signature was intentionally left blank.
Bamtoman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:22 PM   #46
Qaiex

Lasted 7 seconds before I raged. Godlike?

Qaiex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:18 PM   #47
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Godlike is a very apt term, it represents the bloody killing spree I would've gone on had I been present during the filming of that.

God dammit Bamtoman, I expected lulz when I paused my Rush album......instead I just to ended up getting really annoyed!

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Jaymz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:41 PM   #48
SchildVogel

Though this is applicable to a lot of things that people get really into, lots of anime seems way too similar for me to like individually. I've checked out most of what people mention they're into, and its all the same character types, "camera" angles and shots, action scenes, speech/script patterns, etc. I understand that what makes a genre is the fact that the things within are similar, but some cases take it a bit too far. I do like some anime I've seen like Ghost in the Shell, Howls Moving Castle, and .Hack but when people fanatically praise individual shows that have little originality about them, it gets old.
SchildVogel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:12 PM   #49
Lone-Assassin

I remember seeing something on cracked.com a while back (Although I hear alot of their stuff is BS) which went on about how in one country in particular, either Japan or Korea, teen children were going pretty nuts over anime upto the point they were actually making themselves look like anime characters. I'm not talking about wearing crazy clothes or having crazy hair, I'm on about wearing huge contact lenses which made their eyes HUGE whilst also completely buggering their vision, sometimes permanently. This shiz was absolutely crazy and it looked so wierd. I'll see if I can dig it out.

Found it:
http://www.cracked.com/article_18867...ny-valley.html

Theres also something about people who go for full on costumes with facemasks and all. It was pretty freaky, just watch the video. Also as a side note, the sex doll one made me cringe, theres some wierd people out there.
Last edited by Lone-Assassin; 02-06-2011 at 09:18 PM..
Old 02-06-2011, 10:12 PM   #50
S.Mathison

I lasted 51 seconds before I grabbed the handgun and put it t my head. Hint-Anyone that watches that video needs to be put on suicide watch.

|FS|RSF_Gurd <Kilo One>: " I don't care if his hat is funny, just shoot him already"
Cpt.Squirrelzz[5thMAU]: Your Head Ran into my bullet, So there for. You Teamkilled yourself with my bullet
Cpt.Squirrelzz[5thMAU]: "You Should get a girlfriend, not team vehicle damage."
S.Mathison is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
anime, deal, fans