project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
29 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #21
Arnoldio
Banned
Default Re: Friendly Safety Announcement - Eye Protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggie View Post
Contrary to popular belief, pirates eye patches had nothing to do with any kind of eye damage.
They used eyepatch to get their eye used to dark rooms beneath the decks faster than with both eyes. IIRC
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #22
Weebz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitperson View Post
i'm sorry but, DUH.

this is common sense.
Not common sense enough for one of the guys we were playing with last night. Right after we had cleaned my wound and were getting ready to call it a night, we noticed that our friend didn't have goggles/glasses anything else on. We asked him if he had been wearing eye protection the whole time, and he said no. Reason why? "I can't see and the goggles keep fogging up on me." We promptly started a "friendly" discussion about why the hell he should have eye protection on and how that was no excuse for a lost eye. Not sure he'll play with us again if he keeps that up.
Weebz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:50 PM   #23
Scot
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Scot

Remember kids, always wear protection!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Scot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:59 PM   #24
Incognito84

How could airsoft rifles leave gashes and bruises on you? I thought they were just little plastic BBs shot out by a spring powered gun.

Excuse my ignorance, airsoft is illegal in Canada so I grew up playing paintball instead. We were always under the impression that airsoft didn't hurt. The reason it's illegal is because the guns look/act too realistically.
Incognito84 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:06 PM   #25
boilerrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito84 View Post
How could airsoft rifles leave gashes and bruises on you? I thought they were just little plastic BBs shot out by a spring powered gun.

Excuse my ignorance, airsoft is illegal in Canada so I grew up playing paintball instead. We were always under the impression that airsoft didn't hurt. The reason it's illegal is because the guns look/act too realistically.
The really good ones are electric, and a lot of the pistol ones are powered by compressed air canisters about the length of your palm. Those hurt like hell, I have one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
boilerrat is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:36 PM   #26
Zeno

Send a message via MSN to Zeno Send a message via Skype™ to Zeno

Pussy eyeprotection! Real men play paintball naked!!!

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan:
Not having a spotter is like masturbating with a cheese grater...mildly amusing at first, but generally painful and bloody in the end.
Zeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:38 PM   #27
Airsoft Soldier
PR:BF2 Deputy Test Lead
Project Reality Beta Tester

Quote:

Depending on the distance and the power of the spring (among many other factors). Some hits in airsoft can leave painful marks, to the point of bleeding. With an electric gun, also take into consideration that they can fire 20-50 rounds per second. The amount of joules is much higher than you think

speaking of eye protection

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjbrmfjJRk0

Airsoft Soldier is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:54 PM   #28
B2k43

Agreed man, in all the games I played there are at least 3 or 4 headshots; but we all wear eye/face protection so thats a good start. I've never really wore eye protection for shooting real firearms tho unless the rounds were reloaded by another person or I had a concern that the firearm may not function properly. But as for gasses theres no real concern about that, AR-15s always usualy push a small amount of gas into your face because of the DI gas system. lol I remember In one airsoft game I got shot in the thumb (no gloves) with a Cybergun 466 fps metal Thompson SMG. Was not fun at all, it didnt break the skin (for some reason) but my thumb was purplish-red for about 15 minutes. So I guess we should wear gloves too.

Need more ammo and mags...

ARFCOM callsign: FIREBALL
B2k43 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:01 PM   #29
-Sauso-

Quote:

Sorry, but you're wrong.

-Sauso- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:08 PM   #30
gazzthompson

Quote:

You where wrong.

My friends found out the hard way.

Last edited by gazzthompson; 01-09-2011 at 05:33 PM..

Tags
announcement, eye, friendly, protection, safety