project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
24 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 05:53 PM   #71
CroCop
Project Reality Beta Tester

Default Re: Pictures: Your favorite sports team

Thats because you were watching the US national team

(note im actually 70% serious on this one)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CroCop is online now Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:10 PM   #72
Qaiex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
Serious question for you soccer fans:

How the heck can that be the only sport you like? I tried to watch some World Cup games and I ended up watching the news or something because it was so boring.
We feel the same way about giridion. "Why are they taking a snack break every 5 seconds!?"

I can't speak for the people who enjoy the sport in itself, but for a lot of people it's a proxy-war. A way to "prove" (and I use that term lightly) that your country is better than other countries.
And on a national level, that your city is better than all the other cities.

Personally I don't really like watching any sport, playing is okay, but watching other people do it bores me to death. But during the world cup even I can get swept up in the unabashed nationalism.
It's basically international bragging rights.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Qaiex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:21 PM   #73
$piTfirE<*F!N*>

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
Serious question for you soccer fans:

How the heck can that be the only sport you like? I tried to watch some World Cup games and I ended up watching the news or something because it was so boring.
As for me, soccer (I prefer call it football, american football is a different matter) has always been the number 1 sports. I do like hockey too, but not that much.

So why Arsenal? The answer is simple; I like the way they play, I love having Arsene Wenger as coach and I like the players who choses. Actually my favourite all time player Thierry Henry was the main reason I started watching Arsenal's games on TV.
$piTfirE<*F!N*> is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:59 PM   #74
CroCop
Project Reality Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaiex View Post
We feel the same way about giridion. "Why are they taking a snack break every 5 seconds!?"

I can't speak for the people who enjoy the sport in itself, but for a lot of people it's a proxy-war. A way to "prove" (and I use that term lightly) that your country is better than other countries.
And on a national level, that your city is better than all the other cities.

Personally I don't really like watching any sport, playing is okay, but watching other people do it bores me to death. But during the world cup even I can get swept up in the unabashed nationalism.
It's basically international bragging rights.
Thats quite an interesting view you got that (which isnt far from the truth). But I shall ask you one thing: Have you ever watched a derby or actually attended one at a stadium with dozens of thousands people in it?

CroCop is online now Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:04 PM   #75
Johncro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
Thats quite an interesting view you got that (which isnt far from the truth). But I shall ask you one thing: Have you ever watched a derby or actually attended one at a stadium with dozens of thousands people in it?
LOLOLOL
Perfect Example

Glasgow Rangers vs Celtics

Man... Hell my Dad is a rangers fan and his brother is a Celtics fan...they actually hate each other
Johncro is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:33 PM   #76
Wolfmaster
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
This! And it doesn't have to be that big, a 500 man crowd can be just as exciting when you're in the middle of it shouting your team forward. The feeling you get when you have all those people singing the same team songs, jumping and shouting when they score, is pretty much unbeatable.

I would agree that matches in which you are impartial tend to be boring, no matter what the sport.

On the topic of the thread: Fc Groningen!

"Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics... Even if you win, you're still retarded."
- self-deprecating humor ftw -

Wolfmaster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:53 AM   #77
crot
Supporting Member

Amazing game, what happened to canadians in the 3rd period Ill never know. Great comeback, Russia scored 5 goals in the last period to win the game for gold.

YouTube Video
crot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:43 AM   #78
Qaiex

Quote:
No large ones for football, but I did go to a large hockey game once because my friend was on the team.

Qaiex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:46 AM   #79
Maf10s1

Quote:
Originally Posted by crot View Post
Amazing game, what happened to canadians in the 3rd period Ill never know. Great comeback, Russia scored 5 goals in the last period to win the game for gold.

I just wish the Russians that screamed at the camera weren't so ugly :P

Nah, they did well. They deserve after not being able to win it for 8 years..and Canada blew the 3-0 lead so yeah :P
Maf10s1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:13 PM   #80
-Sauso-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maf10s1 View Post
I just wish the Russians that screamed at the camera weren't so ugly :P

Nah, they did well. They deserve after not being able to win it for 8 years..and Canada blew the 3-0 lead so yeah :P
That is what happens when you stop playing after one period.

What was up with Vladimir Tarasenko and his fake little injury. Trips...hits the ice.... looks for the ref and then lays there not moving. Sad.

-Sauso- is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite, pictures, sports, team