project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
23 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #501
Von_Gnome

Default Re: Mass Effect 3 (PC/Console Game)

I kinda go with the indoctrination theory, as it's the only thing keeping me together.
I hope they will bring light to how we go from Earth to a green planet i the middle of nowhere...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Von_Gnome is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #502
hiberNative

the most disappointing thing about the game was the lack of a krogan battlemaster in your party, charging through husks, throwing cerberderps with biotics and keeping his assault rifle warm. i don't even remember the name of that rather unmemorable latino guy but i had to use him instead.

and can someone explain why in the lore, they change the appearance of the protheans?

on illos, they look like this:

and in the me2 and me3 race wiki, the picture of the prothean looks like this:

which looks like some kind of husk or squid.
they say the collectors are gene-altered protheans, but where does the original look come in, since javik looks just like a collector. was hoping he'd be a thin squid guy and was kind of surprised.

anyone?

-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by hiberNative; 04-23-2012 at 12:28 PM..
Old 04-23-2012, 01:56 PM   #503
Von_Gnome

In the temple on Thessia, the hieroglyphs/paintings and statues of the protheans looks like Javik/collectors

Von_Gnome is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #504
ComradeHX

Javik stated that Protheans are a collective of races; when new races reach the technology level, they are offered a 'choice' to join the Prothean Empire.

So it is very possible that those statues are actually just a different race or even models of their time's artificial lifeform.

ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:20 PM   #505
Spush
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeHX View Post
Javik stated that Protheans are a collective of races; when new races reach the technology level, they are offered a 'choice' to join the Prothean Empire.
Was about to say that.
Spush is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:04 PM   #506
Brainlaag

Or EA was simply too greedy to fund the development of a Prothean model and simply recycled the Collector's from ME2. Maximum profit, minimal investment.

Brainlaag is online now Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:46 PM   #507
ComradeHX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainlaag View Post
Or EA was simply too greedy to fund the development of a Prothean model and simply recycled the Collector's from ME2. Maximum profit, minimal investment.
But would you rather have that robotic squid thing as a squad member instead of a funny-looking Jamaican?

ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:08 PM   #508
hiberNative

ah, other races joining the prothean empire kinda makes sense. would have been tricky to make a character model like that with cover animations etc, too.

-
hiberNative is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:55 PM   #509
CroCop
Project Reality Beta Tester

Meh...they shouldve made a batarian squad member (somehow I have a funny feeling about a possible DLC given that multiplayer stuff)

CroCop is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #510
Qaiex

They make it pretty clear that the species that Javik belongs to is the dominant species, or at least one of the dominant species in the Prothean Empire. It wouldn't be unlikely that he was what was the original Prothean race, which is why his species was the one put into cryostasis.

Qaiex is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
effect, game, mass, pc or console