project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
24 Feb 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2010, 04:09 PM   #21
HughJass

Default Re: Mass Effect 3 (PC/Console Game)

Tubedubber Youtube Dubber - Dub the soundtrack on Youtube videos

oh man

HughJass is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:30 PM   #22
Qaiex

This is awesome.
Time to replay ME2

Qaiex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:49 PM   #23
Sidewinder Zulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HughJass View Post
oh man

Nice!

Check out these one's I made, they're pretty awesome, if I do say so myself

This one is the best:

Btw, awesome sit you found there, HughJass, we may need to make a thread just for this.
Sidewinder Zulu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:55 PM   #24
hiberNative

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaiex View Post
This is awesome.
Time to replay ME2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshboy View Post
Release date is going to be in the late 2011 near Christmas
shepard...

-
hiberNative is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:15 PM   #25
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

A year? I could have skipped the hype, though I will be interested to see where they take the gameplay this time around. Great series of games, can't wait to continue

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:37 PM   #26
Sniper77shot

Wow! I am so excited about this I honestly can not wait an entire year for this it better be worth it, I know I will be waiting in line for this to get my limited edition. I honestly hope it is -20 degrees Celsius to keep others from coming out to wait.

Sniper77shot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:37 AM   #27
Pantera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper77shot View Post
Wow! I am so excited about this I honestly can not wait an entire year for this it better be worth it, I know I will be waiting in line for this to get my limited edition. I honestly hope it is -20 degrees Celsius to keep others from coming out to wait.
Yes but this is why the gods have created the internets, the people that stay at home and pre-order online usually get it a day before release

So they play ME3 while you freeze your ass off in a line somewhere!

Pantera is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:01 PM   #28
ebevan91

I've never played Mass Effect and only the demo for Mass Effect 2. I may buy them both from Steam if they go on sale, just to get caught up with the story. I'll probably get ME3.
Last edited by ebevan91; 12-13-2010 at 11:06 PM..
Old 12-14-2010, 12:15 AM   #29
dpq06

I think Mass Effect 2 is the most over rated game out there, next to Halo. Sure it was pretty decent, but the campaign took me like two afternoons to finish. And I have come across maybe like five side quests (out of all those galaxies?). I also noticed there there is basically no weapon variety, I came across like maybe 3 different variants of each gun, and I think I had the same pistol from start to finish. Basically, I found the game to be ridiculously short with very little content; however, the graphics were amazing and set to full even on my not-so-super gaming PC. The story was decent I guess. I got Mass Effect 1 for the Xbox and didn't even want to finish it. If the game was in First Person I would like it a lot more :P (Unfortunately the types of games that I like are very slim, it must be First person, usually cannot be sci fi or futuristic, only modern or previous, being realistic adds points too. Uber extra points for modding support. Basically, I strongly dislike most 3rd person games) I just don't see how ME2 has received so many awards, especially instead of all those other games... However I will still most likely get ME3 XD
dpq06 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:53 AM   #30
Bob_Marley
Retired PR Developer

In ME (and ME2) you have to go out and find the game, the vast majority of it does not come to you of its own accord. You have to converse with your crew members to be given the chance to gain thier loyalty, buy star-charts to travel to systems previously unknown to you, scan planets for distress transmissions and more.

My primary character, with which I did everything I could find (prior to non-launch DLC) has 40 hours of game time logged. Mass Effect 2 is massive, if only you look for it.

To give you an idea, this is the Missions (main quest) list for ME2 *Warning Potential Spoilers* and This is the Assignments (side quests) list *Warning Potential Spoilers*

Theres also all the flavour text, research to complete (to upgrade weapons, armour, the Normandy and unlock shiny new heavy weapons, like the freeze ray and nuke launcher) and probably the biggest point, the dialouge, story & voice acting. Seriously.

*Warning Potential Spoilers*

As far as gun variety goes, fair enough. It has a fairly standard Pistol - Shotgun - Sub-Machine Gun - Assault Rifle - Sniper Rifle - Ubergun combination. But, they are well defined and differentiated from each other. I'd much rather have a few distinct weapons (with a few upgraded versions round and abouts as well as variations) rather than a plethora weapons that arn't well differentated from each other. Having 50 different kinds of assault rifle doesn't really have much point when they're all virtually the same.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Bob_Marley is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
effect, game, mass, pc or console