project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
21 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2010, 02:41 PM   #21
Herbiie

Default Re: Would you want to ban all under 16 gamers from using mics?

Well most games are 15+, any with violence in for e.g., at least here, COD 4 is a recommended 16+, but MW2 is a law enforced 18+! Yet still kids play it. I blame the parent(s).

Signed,
17 year Old who plays MW2 from time to time

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Herbiie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:45 PM   #22
Pantera

Quote:
Would you want to ban all under 16 gamers from using mics?
I would like to ban ALL under 16s from playing 16+ games. And ban ALL under 18s from playing 18+ games.

Pantera is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:54 PM   #23
Booyak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantera View Post
I would like to ban ALL under 16s from playing 16+ games. And ban ALL under 18s from playing 18+ games.
...and why?

games are harmless in my opinion
Booyak is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 03:10 PM   #24
Incognito84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyak View Post
...and why?

games are harmless in my opinion
I agree with this. I've been playing violent video games since '91 when I first got a computer capable of playing Wolfenstein 3D. I turned out fine.

I don't think that kids should be banned from playing violent video games because we all know that violent video games don't make people violent and if a kid chooses to act out, violently it probably has to do with lousy parenting/bullying at school and not with the type of video games they play. Recent studies have suggested that violent video games and video games in general actually keep a lot of kids out of trouble though I wouldn't want any kid to stay at home and play them all day.

My problem is that most kids, particularly young boys, are immature by nature. I know this because I've taught Junior High and High School and have been witness to all sorts of childish immaturity as an adult.

If they want to play games, that's fine. The issue is the immature kids that play games online and yell into their mics. I bet a lot of these kids grow out of it and become reasonable to deal with. Until then, I don't want to hear them on the mic nor does any other adult.

If there were some way to keep the annoying runts off the mic without carpet banning them then I would be all for it. I know that there are some 12 year olds out there that aren't annoying at all when they come on voice chat. I know that there are 30 year olds that also jump in and call everyone a "fa**ot" on the mic when they're having a bad day.

At the very least, there should be global bans for these kind of characters after enough reports have been put in. Like, if you're able to record someone going on racial slur and use it in your report then they should get banned from the service for an amount of time.

I bet that if you were able to find statistics on people who were really annoying on voice chat then you discover that the majority of them were under 18 and too young to play the game. I also think online profiles should show if someone is a minor and servers should be able to disallow anyone into their server who is under a certain age.
Incognito84 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 03:12 PM   #25
Pantera

Lemme tell you a story:

I have a 7 year old nephew. He was introduced to BF2 at the tender age of 5 years old. He's parents bought it for him. He plays CoD more than any other person i know, he is failing school and has many, many anger problems, often "making jokes" about shooting people dead and using coat hangers as "M16s".

Now he has a older brother, he is 13 and he plays CoD just as much. He also has problems, no friends, doing bad at school, never kissed a girl never goes outside etc etc.

He too pretends to "kill" things etc.

Imagine playing with these two. A full round, they both have mics. Imagine hearing a 7 year old talk about "killing the enemy team and drinking their blood".

Its a very sad thing, and i have tried to intervene so many times, parent block on the PC, parent block on the xbox but nothing seems to work, their parents let them play it.

Im just sick and tired of playing 18+ games with 7 and 13 year olds :/

Old 12-11-2010, 03:20 PM   #26
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

Well I am sorry to say but that is just bad parenting. I would never let my kids (If I had any) playing CoD until they were at least 14/15, or maybe even before on a very limited basis.

What is a 7 year old even doing with a PC? and honestly, you cannot blame that one the game, its just bad parenting.

Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 03:21 PM   #27
CroCop
Project Reality Beta Tester

Jesus Pantera if the parents werent that much ignorant they wouldnt allow a 5 year old to play BF2 in the first place...

Unless the entire world became a bunch of softies in the last 10 or so years

CroCop is online now Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 03:24 PM   #28
Pantera

Thats what im saying. Im not blaming the game here guys im blaming the parents.

There should be a system that STOPS these kids that young playing these games.

And also someone said "games are harmless" yes it is harmless to US, but a kid has no idea of what death is and what "fa****" means and wont understand whats going on. Their "brains" are fragile and they get corrupt very easily by what they see.

My 7 year old nephew thinks he knows more about weapons than ANY other person and wants to join the army when grows up so he can fly apaches and drive tanks and kill people :/

Tell me thats "harmless"

Its so bad i dont even talk to my sister anymore, as a father i cant simply just watch my nephews say they want to join the army cause of CoD and be powerless to do anything about it.

Which is why i said anyone under the minimum age requirement should be banned from any Multiplayer play.

Old 12-11-2010, 03:39 PM   #29
CroCop
Project Reality Beta Tester

I started playing CS at the age of 6 and even I could recognize the difference between RL and virtual shit. Its all about parenting. If you see your child starts acting weird (hysterical, hyperactive, too excited) 10 minutes after playing its first game then dont allow him to play at all. I see this retarded behavior all the time and parent should be aware if a game affects their child badly and act on it.

CroCop is online now Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #30
Incognito84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantera View Post
Lemme tell you a story:

I have a 7 year old nephew. He was introduced to BF2 at the tender age of 5 years old. He's parents bought it for him. He plays CoD more than any other person i know, he is failing school and has many, many anger problems, often "making jokes" about shooting people dead and using coat hangers as "M16s".

Now he has a older brother, he is 13 and he plays CoD just as much. He also has problems, no friends, doing bad at school, never kissed a girl never goes outside etc etc.

He too pretends to "kill" things etc.

Imagine playing with these two. A full round, they both have mics. Imagine hearing a 7 year old talk about "killing the enemy team and drinking their blood".

Its a very sad thing, and i have tried to intervene so many times, parent block on the PC, parent block on the xbox but nothing seems to work, their parents let them play it.

Im just sick and tired of playing 18+ games with 7 and 13 year olds :/
See, this is what I'm talking about.

I played a game the other day with some kid who sounded even younger than 12. He didn't (couldn't) understand the rules and when he died he was screaming so loudly into his mic that there was heavy distortion. Even other immature kids were telling him to relax, that it was just a game. The admin muted him.

So what does he do? He starts spamming the text chat. He spammed it right up until he got blocked for spam. He waited and then spammed it again. Sometimes, he would reconnect with different usernames just so he could yell some more before we got a chance to mute him.

I don't even when to play with these kids if they have no mic and they're not talking. They're simply not old enough to play. I play a game to relax, have fun or sometimes to exercise my brain muscles. I don't like knowing that every time I kill this kid in the game that he's having a huge temper tantrum and breaking stuff in his room.

Stupid freaking parents. This is why I support abortion :P

Anyway, another analogy because my bar analogy was flawed... Let's say you want to go downtown and play pool with your friends. Do you play at a pool club or do you play at some Chucky Cheese type establishment? That's right.
Incognito84 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
ban, gamers, mics