project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
23 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2010, 04:00 AM   #41
Sprats

Send a message via Skype™ to Sprats
Default Re: RL shooting

well arent those shooting ranges for the use of hunting rifles only? Because like couple of months ago i searched teH_mighty_internet and all the clubs i found was for hunting rifles.. shooting fake pigeons and stuff.

[19:52] Max [dreamsequencer]: exactly
[19:52] Max [dreamsequencer]: but who cares. seriously.
[19:53] Max [dreamsequencer]: i'd rather fuck my dog than marry a slut
[19:53] Qemist: .......................

Epic words by epic people..
Sprats is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:04 AM   #42
[R-DEV]Ninja2dan
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrod200 View Post
Actually in many ways, our gun laws are better than america's. Stuff like supressors in America (I'm led to understand) can be tricky to get hold of. As a fortunate side-effect of HSE regs, 'reduction of sound pollution' is a valid reason to own one here They still take up a slot on your FAC, but aren't too hard to get.

You're also allowed pretty much any gun you like...as long as it's bolt action/straight-pull above .22 or up to semi in .22
Actually, the USA is pretty relaxed on many of its firearms laws, more than I personally feel comfortable with and I've been using firearms since I was around 7 years old.

As for suppressors, they are legal in I think 37 states now (out of 51, including DC). The catch is that they require a federal "tax stamp" and about as much paperwork as an actual firearm.

Of note though is that in the USA it is legal for civilians to purchase and own fully-automatic weapons that fall under certain NFA regulations. Usually this means a firearm that was produced/imported prior to the 1986 weapons ban, and you have to pay a "tax stamp" as well. These weapons are also getting rare as time passes by, and this increases their value annually. Many people actually purchase machine guns as a form of investment, as their values rarely decrease. For example, a NIB M60 can cost around $50,000 today, while a used MAC-10 can cost around $4,000.

Due to my military service and work in law enforcement, I've had the opportunities to fire a wide variety of weapon systems ranging from .22-caliber pistols up to .50-caliber M2HB HMG's, and just about everything in between. Not to mention destructive devices, demolitions, and indirect-fire weapons such as mortars and artillery. Casual and competition shooting has been a part of my life since I was a little kid, and it will remain so until the day I die.

Firing fully-automatic weapons does have a bit of an adrenaline rush to it, especially belt-fed weapons. Although I prefer rifles more than pistols, I still spend time with both. I just feel that rifles/carbines are more enjoyable at the range. I also like having the largest magazine capacity available, especially at the range when you want to maximize trigger time and minimize time spent having to reload.

It's too bad that the laws in other countries are so strict, I couldn't imagine not being able to just run to the store and buy a few boxes of ammo, some sandwiches, and a case of soda and drive out to the range for a day of fun and relaxation.

I used to own an Enfield No 4, that was a very enjoyable rifle. Even today it's not hard to find some cheap .303-caliber surplus ammunition, but good magazines are getting a little harder to find cheaply. But for the rifles, you can find them for as little as $100 at a Big-5 sporting goods store in "fair" condition. If you look hard enough though you can find an excellent quality model for around $200 with bright bore and clean furniture. I gave mine away as a gift, but have been thinking of buying another with a modern stock. I need to upgrade some of my current firearms first though, such as getting a new stock for my shotgun.

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:34 AM   #43
pfhatoa

I don't shoot. I own an old musket though.
pfhatoa is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:36 AM   #44
ZZEZ
Retired PR Developer

I shot enough for the 'fun' to go away, toward the end of my service if we didn't have a officer with us at range we would not shot and just report back saying we did to avoid cleaning our weapons, the range and just the general annoyance of shooting.
I used M16A1, Colt Commando, M4 with Mepro21/MARS/ACOG on it, rubber bullets with that special adapter and even got to squeeze a few rounds with the Negev LMG.

ZZEZ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:05 AM   #45
DeltaFart

Let's see, shot the 2 Garands my dad owns, the Mosin nagant we have, Swedish Mauser, German mauser, 12 gauge pump, 12 ga semi, .410 break open, 20 guage semi, springfield rifle, Anshcutz, or however oyu say the Olympic Target rifle, granted it's plus 40 years old but still a tack driver. A Remington 513 .22LR, some Marlin .30-30 lever action rifle. That's just the long arms that we own. also shot a semi auto M1919, an AR15(well several)
Now for pistols. an M1911 Clone of the Mark 70 series with a Mark 80 series Safety Trigger weaver rail and a optical illusion red dot scope(no magnification) and metal wrap around hand grips, a Colt Clone from Brazil .45 revolver, and a Colt Trooper Mk II in .357 that we put .38s through also. We have a Browning Gold Medalist .22lr pistol that we use alot and a .22lr High Standard pistol that we haven't used in a couple years for reason beyond me honestly. Also shot a couple cowboy guns during an all gun day, and a sawn off carriage side by side shotgun

THats just the stuff we shoot too! We have easily 10 more guns in that closet we don't use!

DeltaFart is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:11 AM   #46
[R-DEV]Ninja2dan
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]ZZEZ View Post
I shot enough for the 'fun' to go away, toward the end of my service if we didn't have a officer with us at range we would not shot and just report back saying we did to avoid cleaning our weapons, the range and just the general annoyance of shooting.
I used M16A1, Colt Commando, M4 with Mepro21/MARS/ACOG on it, rubber bullets with that special adapter and even got to squeeze a few rounds with the Negev LMG.
For me, the cleaning up was always just part of the shooting. You spend the day at the range, and then head back to the armory for cleaning. You kick back with the guys, bust out the CLP, and relax. I wouldn't consider cleaning weapons "fun", but it's not bad either. We took pride in cleaning our weapons, and even had competitions to see who could clean their weapon the fastest in order to pass the "white glove" inspection.

I would consider weapons maintenance just like owning a sports car. Guys have "fun" and take pride in spending the day washing, waxing, and buffing their ride even when they aren't out driving it. They take pride in showing off their shiny car to others, bragging rights for how good of a job they can do to make the car presentable. It's the same with weapons cleaning, you take pride in knowing your weapon is as clean (or cleaner) than it left the factory. Come inspection time, you really do get that smile on your face when a senior officer checks your weapon and is utterly impressed by how good it looks.

Range clean-up sucked a bit though, having to police up all the brass you fired. When we were lucky enough to get them, we used brass-catchers to save time later on. But we found it took just as long to stop shooting in order to dump the bags into buckets as it did to rake up all the brass off the ground at the end of the day. And in the military, we just had the new recruits/privates do the cleanup for us. We called it "Range Duty", where they were responsible for loading all of our mags, cleaning up the brass, and hanging new targets.

But I would NEVER skip out on firing off rounds. We often had range days when some soldiers were unable to attend due to sick call or some other cause, and that left us with spare ammo. Supply issues a set amount of rounds per soldier for that day, and that ammo is requisitioned months in advance. So if someone doesn't show up, that's ammo sitting around. And as a rule, not one round of ammo is returned to supply once it goes to the range. That was just fine for us, because we'd get to pop off any spare ammo once everyone else was done qualifying.

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:40 AM   #47
Priby
Supporting Member

I got to lock and virtually shoot at cars on a parking lot with an eryx. Wasnt exactly shooting but it was still pretty awesome when i was 12. And ive shot a couple of airrifles since then, but they dont really count either

Priby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:40 AM   #48
dtacs
Supporting Member

Firearms laws here are a joke. The amount of red-tape simply to get a .22 is very extensive compared to the US.

I've fired about 10 different .22's, an F88 (AUG) and a .303 from the Korean war.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:43 AM   #49
KingLorre

I have never fired a firearm, but being a clay pigeon, iv gotten shot at a good few times!

Gaming news for Dutch people, By Dutch people.
KingLorre is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 06:14 AM   #50
DeltaFart

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLorre View Post
I have never fired a firearm, but being a clay pigeon, iv gotten shot at a good few times!
You sir are being put in my signature

DeltaFart is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
ar-15<ak, here be dragons, shooting