project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
27 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 12:53 PM   #121
mockingbird0901
Supporting Member

Default Re: Snow chaos (UK)

Remember when I was in the army. We had ice on the inside of you window for over 3 weeks, there was a radiator directly under the window, and it was on max constantly. Also, we had -40 something at daytime, + a storm at the same time. Now that was cold.. Then it got warmer, -20 or something, and we got a visit from some Medic platoon from the Netherlands, and they were whining about it being soooo cold while we were taking our clothes of

Quote:
Originally Posted by burghUK View Post
check out how the cup of hot water turns instantly into snow
BBC News - How do you survive in the coldest place on Earth?
Hot water freezes faster then cold. Don't know why, just know that it does.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
-Albert Einstein
Volens et potens
Tema567 just might be my new hero

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mockingbird0901 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:08 PM   #122
Airsoft Soldier
PR:BF2 Deputy Test Lead
Project Reality Beta Tester

LiveLeak.com - Using a Banana to do WHAT????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Airsoft Soldier is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:19 PM   #123
Harrod200

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sauso- View Post
Do want!

The original gun freak gaymer geek

Harrod200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:24 PM   #124
Brainlaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockingbird0901 View Post
Remember when I was in the army. We had ice on the inside of you window for over 3 weeks, there was a radiator directly under the window, and it was on max constantly. Also, we had -40 something at daytime, + a storm at the same time. Now that was cold.. Then it got warmer, -20 or something, and we got a visit from some Medic platoon from the Netherlands, and they were whining about it being soooo cold while we were taking our clothes of

Hot water freezes faster then cold. Don't know why, just know that it does.
The atoms in the hot water move faster and thus dispense their energy faster to the air surrounding it. Thats why it freezes while cold water doesn't. OMG I've actually kept something from the days at school
Brainlaag is online now Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:50 AM   #125
Airsoft Soldier
PR:BF2 Deputy Test Lead
Project Reality Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainlaag View Post
The atoms in the hot water move faster and thus dispense their energy faster to the air surrounding it. Thats why it freezes while cold water doesn't. OMG I've actually kept something from the days at school
YouTube Video

Airsoft Soldier is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:34 AM   #126
Smiddey723

Send a message via MSN to Smiddey723 Send a message via Yahoo to Smiddey723

Got our first covering this morning in North Wales and it is currently still snowing

.:2p:.Smiddey
Smiddey723 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:42 AM   #127
[R-CON]Wicca
PR:BF2 Event Coordinator
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Meh. Its about 2 degrees celsius where i live, we had a storm some days ago.

I dont think we close anything until the tempreature hits 35 degrees celsius. Everyone here uses special tires to ensure we all get to school /work.

I remember one day in january, it is like 2 meters of snow, a and you can hardly see because of the wind. I walk for 2.5 km to work in 2 meters of snow. It was no problem, infact it was fun!

U guys should clearly get have a really sub par ability to react to snow in GB. Especially now with the global market being so bad, you should all go to work.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.

[R-CON]Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:59 AM   #128
Smiddey723

Send a message via MSN to Smiddey723 Send a message via Yahoo to Smiddey723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicca View Post
Meh. Its about 2 degrees celsius where i live, we had a storm some days ago.

I dont think we close anything until the tempreature hits 35 degrees celsius. Everyone here uses special tires to ensure we all get to school /work.

I remember one day in january, it is like 2 meters of snow, a and you can hardly see because of the wind. I walk for 2.5 km to work in 2 meters of snow. It was no problem, infact it was fun!

U guys should clearly get have a really sub par ability to react to snow in GB. Especially now with the global market being so bad, you should all go to work.
Since last years disruptions, people are beginning to handle the snow better than previously. Councils getting more salt, more snow clearing equipment and contracting farmers to help clear the roads so this year we are prepared for it more so than last year

hopefully....

.:2p:.Smiddey
Smiddey723 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:36 AM   #129
Simon777

The problem is that there is no snow tyres in UK or Ireland I heard that lithuanians who work there get snow tyres form friends or family in Lithuania

I existed from all eternity and behold I am here, and I shall exist till the end of time for my being has no end...
Simon777 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:00 PM   #130
mockingbird0901
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainlaag View Post
Yea, that part I heard, but why doesn't the water then just become cold water, and then not freeze as fast?

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
-Albert Einstein
Volens et potens
Tema567 just might be my new hero

mockingbird0901 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
chaos, chaosuk, snow, thread