project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
24 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2010, 10:37 PM   #1
ralfidude

Send a message via AIM to ralfidude
Default Flaming Cliffs movie making question

Hello gents, i have searched online and found a few cool things about this but im pretty much lost...

So i have yet to make external movie shots with flaming cliffs and id like to give it a go but i cant for the life of me figure out how to get about doing this.

I have the location of the track files i want to use in my temp folder of FC2, now..... this is the challenge.

If i try running that track through REPLAY on the menu i only get the cockpit footage.

I googled some more and found a guy who made a REPLAY.RAR program, where i open the tracks in that and it gives me external views, fantastic, i gave that a shot and all was well except for a few things.

Labels were turned on, and the f1 through f6 or 7 views are crappy... they are just normal external views you might still find while playing in game.

So there is no panning or anything like that, i know you can press f11 to the airfield and fly the camera around, but with no panning its a pain in the butt.

THEN, i discovered this:

Flaming cliffs to FLV - CombatACE

However, his instructions start to be innacurate when he gets to the "Navigate your folder structure to wherever you saved your track and choose your track by clicking on it, click on MAP, then (instead of pressing FLY) you choose (top left of screen) FLIGHT, VIDEO EDIT." part. There is no flight, video edit button. There is a flight and then play mission and video record.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b66/ralfidude/hda.png

If i select video record something really weird happens and the whole track is stuck on the map and i cant get out of it. If i select flight, the mission starts but there are no aircraft or anything, its as if its an empty server....

At this point im pretty sad, cuz later down he says you can slow down, speed up, pause, and have some cool camera shots that are exactly what im looking for... so...

Any help? Or at least if you can point me to a program that can open these tracks in such a way i have external views and NO TAGS. I can make some rough shots with that...

Please help, i really wanna widen my horizons here

PS: I hear, the 104th made a program called lottu? Not sure about that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by ralfidude; 11-14-2010 at 10:44 PM..
Old 11-15-2010, 07:40 AM   #2
[R-MOD]Cp
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester

Default Re: Flaming Cliffs movie making question

You should be able to turn off the labels with left shift + F10.

If that for some odd reason doesn't work, open up the track file with winrar (or a similar program)

Inside you'll find a couple of folders and two files, open up the one called "options", it will ask you with which program you want to open it with, select notepad or a word editing software of your choice.

Inside that, you'll find all the options you'd find in your ingame options screen, all you have to do is set true or false behind them, so if you want external views and no labels you'd set external views to true and labels to false, like this:

Code:
externalViews = true,
and
Code:
labels = false,
Once you have made your changes, save it and load the track in lockon, external views should work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-MOD]Cp is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:02 AM   #3
ralfidude

Ok, thank you il check that out, now regarding the views, they are just the default f1 through f7 views right? Cuz im seeing shots that have views that are strange, cool but strange.

ralfidude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:46 AM   #4
[R-MOD]Cp
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester

there are other camera modes too, triggered by the shift, ctrl and alt keys plus the "F1-12" keys.

ctrl, alt and shift and Z speeds up time and slows it down and brings it back to default, cant remember which did which though.

pressing ctrl + y a couple of times removes the bar with name speed and altitude in the bottom of the window.

[R-MOD]Cp is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:52 PM   #5
ralfidude

Ahhh, see, those things are never mentioned anywhere!! Lol, thank you, il test this out.

Old 12-18-2010, 10:48 PM   #6
ralfidude

Well no programs worked for the 3rd person view, they are all shite, additionally i found out that taking over the camera at beggining of track corrupts the file, and iv had to resort to stupid camera angles... but... i think over all i did a splendid job at this video:

YouTube - Ralfi's Alley- Teamwork is key...

Tags
cliffs, flaming, making, movie, question