project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
18 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
Serbiak

Default Proof of stereotyp thinking about skin color in us

A little experiment from a show called "what would you do?" with a quite unexpected outcome (at least for me).
Just wanted to share this.

Do you when engaging in serious soul-searching think you would react the same or different?

YouTube Video

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Remember, your penis size is proportional to your post count...or was it inversely proportional...I can't remember"
- [R-CON]Rudd -
Last edited by Serbiak; 09-30-2010 at 07:58 PM..
Old 09-30-2010, 08:25 PM   #2
[R-DEV]Rabbit
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: Proof of stereotyp thinking about skin color in us

From what I see it seems to be a mostly white neighbor hood. I know it may seem racist but a black kid in a mostly white neighbor hood seems suspicious.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Everybody dies alone.
Ingame name [OD-S]Rabbit
[R-DEV]Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:31 PM   #3
bloodthirsty_viking
Send a message via Yahoo to bloodthirsty_viking Send a message via Skype™ to bloodthirsty_viking

this was kinda discussed in the funny junk thread

I think, like somebody in the thread said, its not only becuase its a whitekid vs a black kid, its a BIG white kid, and a small little black kid..

also, in the park their were what, 4 black people in the entire video?

The white kid with those clothes looked wannabe gangster, but not a real one, the black kid looked like a scrawnny black kid who was also wannabe gangster, but pulled off looking like a thug more then the black kid ...

But its probably also racist thoughts.

Most people are a little racist, evan if they don't wish to be/know they are.

bloodthirsty_viking is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:48 PM   #4
Trent

I don't need to watch a movie to know I'm prejudiced....lol. I wasn't so "closed-minded" about that kind of stuff before my wife and I were robbed at gunpoint by a couple of thugs in Louisville, KY, though. My thinking now is if I were a little more prejudiced back then we would still have her engagement ring/wallets/etc.
Trent is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:19 AM   #5
gazzthompson

I watched these a couple of days ago:

YouTube - oOryanOoO's Channel

good series.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:12 AM   #6
Heskey
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent View Post
I don't need to watch a movie to know I'm prejudiced....lol. I wasn't so "closed-minded" about that kind of stuff before my wife and I were robbed at gunpoint by a couple of thugs in Louisville, KY, though. My thinking now is if I were a little more prejudiced back then we would still have her engagement ring/wallets/etc.
Do go on.

(Signature by
)
Heskey is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:11 AM   #7
lucidrians

Considering the black population makes up the majority prison population in the US, I think people have a reason to stereotype a little bit.

User infracted for racism
Last edited by [R-DEV]Thermis; 10-01-2010 at 11:07 AM..
Old 10-01-2010, 09:23 AM   #8
ZZEZ
Retired PR Developer

Look at the size of the white guy..hes big - the black guy is small...its easier to confront someone that you can physically subdue.

ZZEZ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:25 AM   #9
Heskey
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCandy View Post
Considering the black population makes up the majority prison population in the US, I think people have a reason to stereotype a little bit.
Or that the justice system is intrinsically slightly racist, and a black man is more likely to serve time for the same offence as a whiteman, where a whiteman is more likely to be given a more lenient sentence (community service, etc).

(Signature by
)
Heskey is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:28 AM   #10
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Interesting experiment. Personally, I've never come on someone clearly sawing a bike off a post, but I don't imagine I'd react very kindly. Though for this very reason, I don't leave my bike locked up outside ever, even for 5 minutes.

The comment by the one black woman, "young white men don't usually carry burglary schools", was quite interesting. The amount of buy-in to white stereotyping is somewhat disturbing really, giving a young white guy the benefit of the doubt, while pointing out that a young black man would immediately have the police called on him (an assumption they were correct in making).

I personally don't buy into the size argument. The first person to confront the young white man is a small older woman, not someone who could easily physically deal with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCandy View Post
See this? This is racism.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
color, proof, skin, stereotyp, thinking