project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
18 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2010, 10:13 AM   #11
Zeno

Send a message via MSN to Zeno Send a message via Skype™ to Zeno
Default Re: Is it just me? Or did BF2 graphics not age well??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSpartan View Post
Just reinstalled BF2 after 3 years just to check out the lastest version of PR. I must say, after being spoiled with ARMA 2 and BC2 it is quite a shock to see BF2 graphics again. A huge difference of how to me this was the most awesome looking military shooter five years ago and looking at it now. I think PR does quite a good job of giving BF2 some nice textures and models, but there is only so much a single mod can do to a five year old engine.

Now, don't get me wrong, I did get hooked into PR once more but I can't help but see how much BF2 itself is aging in terms of looks. Hell, the Source engine is aging very well and that's about the same age as BF2, just look at the Left 4 Dead games if you don't believe me. No offence to you die hard BF2 PR fans, but I am looking forward to ARMA 2 PR more than ever now. I'll just be playing BF2 PR till then.

The one good thing about this engine is that you can have huge urban and open maps with no lag. Something a lot of games today have to compramise because of modern graphics.
download FH2 and play on highest grapics and then you see what the refractor can do

Forgotten Hope - a Battlefield mod

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan:
Not having a spotter is like masturbating with a cheese grater...mildly amusing at first, but generally painful and bloody in the end.
Zeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:16 AM   #12
ebevan91

BF2 has pretty good graphics compared to other 2005 games. I don't think I'll ever quit playing BF2 to be honest. I've gotten plenty of new games since I first got BF2 and BF2 is the one game I keep going to after I get bored of the other games I get.
ebevan91 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:03 AM   #13
Zeno

Send a message via MSN to Zeno Send a message via Skype™ to Zeno

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan:
Not having a spotter is like masturbating with a cheese grater...mildly amusing at first, but generally painful and bloody in the end.
Zeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:19 AM   #14
Arnoldio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot View Post
I was actually thinking yesterday, PR's weapon models are amazing. They look so good in game in my opinion, vehicles look great too, for me it's mainly player models which really show the age of the engine.
The models are weird yeah, but they are being worked on hopefully.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:51 PM   #15
JohnSpartan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post

Okay, I'll admit, I thought I was looking at BF1943 for a few seconds there! Speaking of the frostbite engine, am I the only one that thinks BC2 would have been perfect for PR had it been modable and gave players the ability to go prone?
JohnSpartan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:04 PM   #16
masterceo

No, you're probably not the only one. There are many people that think likewise. Sadly, they don't know that Frostbite engine doesn't support as many players as BF2, fails at creating huge maps and doesn't support aircraft nor probably python coding.

Priby:Why cant i be norwegian?
H.sta:becouse we are a specially selected bunch of people created by god to show how awsome mankind can be
Last edited by masterceo; 09-04-2010 at 01:10 PM..
Old 09-04-2010, 01:15 PM   #17
JohnSpartan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot View Post
I was actually thinking yesterday, PR's weapon models are amazing. They look so good in game in my opinion, vehicles look great too, for me it's mainly player models which really show the age of the engine.
Yes, it's the player models that could use a bit of an update in terms of polycounts and details. I actually don't mind the way terrain looks right now, it certainly keeps the game from lagging. Just the fact that you can have so many trees or enterable buildings without server lag is amazing. The player models could be much worse I guess, at least they're not as dated looking as OFP1 characters.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:19 PM   #18
JohnSpartan

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterceo View Post
No, you're probably not the only one. There are many people that think likewise. Sadly, they don't know that Frostbite engine doesn't support as many players as BF2, fails at creating huge maps and doesn't support aircraft nor probably python coding.
Guess we'll just have to be satisfied with BC2's "Hardcore mode". The one "reality" breaking aspect for me in BC2 is the Russian Army. They look more like an "Army" of Spetznaz than a regular army of basic grunts. I'm pretty sure the talented modellers of PR would have given us very authentic looking player models at the very least.

Tags
age, bf2, graphics