project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
26 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 08:07 PM   #1
Welshboy

Send a message via Skype™ to Welshboy
Default Dragon Age 2 (PC/Console Game)

Today EA announced the next dragon age, it apparantly comes out next March.

Dragon Age 2 announced | Technology | guardian.co.uk

Dragon Age 2 is PC Gamer UK’s next cover : PC Gamer

Quote:
Dragon Age 2 announced

Just in case you missed this, EA and Bioware today announced that a sequel to last year's engrossing Dragon Age: Origins is in development and will hit the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 next March. Promising a new, more responsive combat system and a dynamic story, the press release promises a typically epic plot;

"Dragon Age 2 thrusts players into the role of Hawke, a penniless refugee who rises to power to become the single most important character in the world of Dragon Age. Known to be a survivor of the Blight and the Champion of Kirkwall, the legend around Hawke's rise to power is shrouded in myth and rumor. Featuring an all-new story spanning 10 years, players will help tell that tale by making tough moral choices, gathering the deadliest of allies, amassing fame and fortune, and sealing their place in history. The way you play will write the story of how the world is changed forever."

The original game – lengthy and unashamedly traditional in its use of RPG maxims, tropes and imagery – seemed a popular title among Gamesblog's regular readers. The sequel looks to be slightly more progressive, touching on elements of Fable with its emphasis on moral choice and personal reputation. Intriguing stuff. Naturally, there's a Twitter feed and a Facebook page for more info...

I'm so excited for this, this first one is probably my favourite game i own, i'll deffinatly be getting this when it comes out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Welshboy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:01 PM   #2
Ghost1800

Default Re: Dragon age 2 announced officialy by EA

awww... you're roped into a single defined character this time.

Farewell Stumpy Aeducan of the Dwarves...

"Every time there is any flying vehicle on a map, most people turn retarded." - SJT

"jesus christ thats not a
thats an essay with a picture attached lol" - unrealalex
Ghost1800 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:17 PM   #3
Welshboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1800 View Post
awww... you're roped into a single defined character this time.

Farewell Stumpy Aeducan of the Dwarves...
Yeah

I guess there won't be any origin stories either, unless you have the same character but with different races. I'm guessing they might be doing this so the main character actually has a voice, like mass effect

Old 07-08-2010, 10:08 PM   #4
BlackwaterSaxon

You have to play a single character, but I'm pretty sure they'll be fully customisable, down to gender and everything. Bring on DA2, loved the first one.

BlackwaterSaxon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:34 PM   #5
Welshboy

Quote:
SirOccam wrote...

Until there's an official FAQ, I thought it might be useful to post what few cold, hard facts we have in one place, with links.

DA2 home page: BioWare | Dragon Age: Origins
Official DA Twitter: BioWare (dragonage) on Twitter

From the press release:
  • The main character's surname is Hawke
  • Hawke survived "the Blight"
  • Hawke is known as "the Champion of Kirkwall"
  • Hawke is a "refugee"
  • DA2's story will span 10 years
  • DA2 will be released in March 2011 for PC, XBox 360, and PS3
From the forums:From GameInformer (take with a grain of salt, some links not available):
  • Hawke will be voiced [Five Facts]
  • Hawke lived in Lothering during the events of DA:O, fled north to Kirkwall [Five Facts]
  • Kirkwall is a major population center in the Free Marches [Five Facts]
  • "Hawke will also spend time in other areas of the Free Marches" [Five Facts]
  • Game will use imported save from Dragon Age: Origins [Print magazine]
  • Flemeth will appear [Print magazine]
  • Intra-party conflict may be more significant (?) [Print magazine]
  • Mass Effect-style dialogue wheel with paraphrased lines and symbols denoting tone [Print magazine]
  • “Dragon Age II has a framed narrative structure, which means that
    the exploits of Hawke occured in the past, but are being retold in the
    present.” “Narrators with unique insights into the events in question
    tell the tale of his past adventures.”
    [Print magazine]
  • Events from Dragon Age: Origins may be seen from a different viewpoint [Print magazine]
  • PC combat largely unchanged, console combat changed to better suit the controller [Print magazine]
From elsewhere:
  • Kirkwall is located on the southern edge of the Vimmark Mountains, north of Ferelden [this map]
Feel free to post anything official you see (with a link).

From a thread I found on the Bioware forums. The forums are full of people who think that Dragon age is turning into mass effect.

Old 07-11-2010, 01:39 PM   #6
MrD
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to MrD

There's a DLC pack available now or rather soon for DA:O. I forget the name, it's a female character that the pack takes the name of. My dad likes this game and I know he's interested in the new DLC pack. Not my sort of game, and as we all know, big games like this are made for the masses, not the smaller niche communities.
MrD is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:53 PM   #7
hiberNative

give me Rune: Viking Warlord 2 ffs ;(

-
hiberNative is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:17 PM   #8
Welshboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrD View Post
There's a DLC pack available now or rather soon for DA:O. I forget the name, it's a female character that the pack takes the name of. My dad likes this game and I know he's interested in the new DLC pack. Not my sort of game, and as we all know, big games like this are made for the masses, not the smaller niche communities.
Leliana's song

Old 07-12-2010, 10:09 PM   #9
Raynizzle1691

Default Re: Dragon Age 2

Yeah well maybe before they make DA2 they should fix my PS3 Awakenings. I haven't finished the game and it's been months!!!!

Raynizzle1691 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:00 AM   #10
Aquiller
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Aquiller
Default Re: Dragon Age 2

I actually have a good feeling about this. Focusing storyline on one specific character with interesting background might end up better than in DA1. The Devs are planning to create even more opportunites for players to make a major choices in a plot - with all the consequences.
Aquiller is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
age, announced, dragon, game, officialy, pc or console