project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
24 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2010, 06:43 AM   #31
Welshboy

Send a message via Skype™ to Welshboy
Default Re: Dragon Age 2 (PC/Console Game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealalex View Post
meh i know thats pre-final footage but its really about the same as the original...minus a customizable main character....

I really liked the first DA, my only criticism was there werent enough places to explore.
I'm just happy that the combat looks good. I was worried that they were going to completely ruin it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Welshboy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:46 AM   #32
Welshboy

Bioware released the Minimum and recommended requirements

Minimum
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo (or equivalent) running at 1.8 GHz or greater
  • CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 (or equivalent) running at 1.8 GHz or greater
  • RAM: 1 GB (1.5 GB Vista and Windows 7)
  • Video: Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB
  • Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS 256 MB cards
  • Disc Drive: DVD ROM drive required
  • Hard Drive: 7 GB
  • Sound: Direct X 9.0c Compatible Sound Card Windows Experience Index: 4.5

Recommended

• CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz Processor or equivalent
  • CPU: AMD Phenom II X3 Triple core 2.8 GHz or equivalent
  • RAM: 2GB (4 GB Vista and Windows 7)
  • Video: ATI 3850 512 MB or greater
  • Video: NVIDIA 8800GTS 512 MB or greater
  • DirectX 11: ATI 5850 or greater
  • DirectX 11: NVIDIA 460 or greater

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer
Bioware have also announced that the first batch of DLC, called the Exiled Prince, will be released shortly after Dragon Age 2, and will contain all of the bonuses that come with the signature edition of the game, which can be pre-ordered for another four days. The Exiled Prince will contain a series of special in-game weapons and items including a bow, a magic blade, a shield and a mage?s staff. The pack will also contain an extra playable character with his own missions, who is revealed in the Exiled Prince trailer to be an archer called Sebastian, out to avenge the death of his family.
Dragon Age 2 minimum system requirements revealed, The Exiled Prince DLC detailed | PC Gamer

Also, if your going to preorder it soon, preorder it now. Amazon and game have it quite cheap atm, both of them are only ?25 for the Signature edition

Dragon Age 2 - Signature Edition (PC DVD): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

Dragon Age 2 Bioware Signature Edition - PC Games and Downloads - GAME.co.uk

Old 03-08-2011, 11:53 AM   #33
Welshboy

So this came out today in NA. Did anyone here get it?
Old 03-08-2011, 03:32 PM   #34
Ghost231

I can get it if I want too... But ... I can also get if for free... (I MAY not be referring to piracy if you know what I mean hehehehe)
Ghost231 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:30 PM   #35
Raynizzle1691

I wouldnt recommend buying Bioware products anymore after they sold out PS3ers and didnt even care about the bugs in Awakening.

On the other note, does DA2 work on a Toshiba Satellite C650-035 with integrated I3?

Raynizzle1691 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:30 AM   #36
Tirak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshboy View Post
So this came out today in NA. Did anyone here get it?
Yes, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit

I couldn't decide on a class so I flipped a coin twice (I'm not doing Mage until my second playthrough), so I'm now playing a two handed weapon Warrior. Difficulty is a joke so you're going to want to turn it up to start with. There's a couple of nice cameos so far and the voice acting is pretty good, though I played the demo so many times the first 15 minutes or so are painfully boring. Don't skip the dialogue though because some of it changed.

Highlight for spoilers: Because Bethany Dies if you're a mage and Carver dies every other time.

And Ghost, buy the game. Support the developers who put a hell of a lot of work into making something enjoyable and fun. Watch the Extra Credits episode on piracy.

fucking knobhead

Tirak is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:41 AM   #37
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I heard this is a big step down from DA 1. Lots of rage over the internet, like rehashing the same cave three times over at the start of the game.

bosco_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:47 AM   #38
Tirak

What cave? Are they talking about the Deep Roads Expedition? I haven't gotten there yet but anyone who complains about caves is an idiot. Orzammar and the Deep Roads from DA:O were painful and loooong and boring. I haven't found it a step down. Different yes, but not a step down. Combat is faster and flows better and they certainly delivered on their promise of making every time you press a button having something cool happen (Except Pommel Strike, it's pretty much the same). Overall the game looks better and plays pretty similarly. The dialogue system really isn't half as limiting as people complain it is because when you actually think about it, you've only ever had that many options anyway. Sure, I admit and partially agree with not being able to choose exactly what you say, but I figure part of it is an artistic design as Varric is the one telling your story from how he sees it so he spices it up or glosses over things a bit.

Side Note: Anyone posting spoilers, you need to use [color=silver] to hide the text. Please don't put spoilers in plain sight, some cunt on the Bioware Forums was trying to do that, luckily I got warned about it before I saw anything I don't want to see yet.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:53 AM   #39
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Original post

Quote:
But why, WHY are the first 3 subterranean caves you encounter in the game THE EXACT SAME MAP WITH DIFFERENT NPCS IN THEM?

(The cave you go through to to release flemeth from the amulet, the cave you go into to find the wayward son, and the cave you go into to retrieve the qunari exploding recipe)

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...ndex/6410852/2

Last edited by bosco_; 03-09-2011 at 08:59 AM..
Old 03-09-2011, 09:00 AM   #40
Tirak

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]bosco View Post
Original post

But why, WHY are the first 3 subterranean caves you encounter in the game THE EXACT SAME MAP WITH DIFFERENT NPCS IN THEM?
*Shrug*

I guess I'll find out when i get there, but honestly I'm in it for the story, so I'll slog through it the same way I did the Fade and get back to the good bits. But then again, I've been known to like parts of games everyone else hates so maybe I'll enjoy it

Tags
age, announced, dragon, game, officialy, pc or console