project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
01 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 01:11 PM   #81
wookimonsta
Supporting Member
Default Re: Battlefield 3 Confirmed

for the love of god, we don't need another ww2 game.
i swear everyone of those games has at least 3 levels the bloody same.
each one has omaha beach or a omaha beach like map where you land on the shore during heavy fire with explosions on all sides.
farm map in which you end up inside the farm while holding off the enemy until at last tank support arrives
desert/snow map
each game has you either in the desert as the british or in the snow as the russians

its getting old
Old 02-02-2010, 01:16 AM   #82
[R-DEV]Rabbit
PR:BF2 Developer

Decent sized necro, but anyone hear anymore about bf3? It's really strange to see such little publicity.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Everybody dies alone.
Ingame name [OD-S]Rabbit
Old 02-02-2010, 02:14 AM   #83
Fishw0rk

I doubt we'll be hearing much info until the BF:BC2 hype has subsided.

My only worry is that they will dumb down BF3 like they did with the BC series: no prone, no proper radio commands, no squad management, 32 players, no jets, no commander, etc. I hope they can at least keep it as 64 players per server. I really wish they'd find a way to make 128player servers like they intended with BF2.

I really really really want large scale naval combat to come back. That's the biggest thing I missed from BF1942. If BF3 is a modern game I realize we won't have gigantic battleships to drive, but I'd still like to see move-able carriers, subs, hovercrafts and modern day destroyers. Maybe US navy vs Russia or Chine navy?
Old 02-02-2010, 03:53 AM   #84
Dylan

Send a message via MSN to Dylan

Prone, and mod tools. Lean if they arent going to be d-bags about it, asking for prone was a bit much on their forums apparently.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:03 AM   #85
Polka

Why wouldn't you have prone anyway ? rofl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:25 AM   #86
Protector

Bad company 2 has no prone BF3 will be modern warfare, but not too far in the future like 2142... No point making another ww2 game someone will make a ww2 mod anyway.

I think we can guarentee BF3 will be the next BF2 unlike BC1, BF1943 & BC2 which are all these little arcadey games(which I do enjoy)

Old 02-02-2010, 06:00 AM   #87
Jedimushroom
Supporting Member

I predict another bloody WW2 game, 24 players maximum, cone of fire, crappy weapons and stupid spawn mechanics. I mean have you even played BF1943? That thing was a monstrosity!

"God will strike him down when he checks his email and sees young Fighter has turd burgling tendancies. Could you imagine going to church knowing your son takes it up the wrong 'un?" - [R-Dev]Gaz on 'Fighter137'
Old 02-02-2010, 06:29 AM   #88
Snazz
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimushroom View Post
I mean have you even played BF1943?
I'll judge it when the PC version comes out (sometime after BC2), apparently it will at least have 32 players.

However I predict BF3 won't be BF1943, it should be more like BF2 mixed with BC2.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:15 AM   #89
Smegburt_funkledink

What's the point in trying to predict anything? What was the point in bumping this thread?

EA release fail after fail.

If I was to predict anything, they will make BF3 for x-box and PS3, meaning it will be a simple arcade shooter if it comes out on PC.

Since games like COD4 - MW2 etc.. have sold millions, that's the way games will continue to be made. Afterall, that's what they're experimenting with BF:BC for. That has and will sell loads, so why would they bother trying to make a decent game that would cost them more to produce in the long run?

Years ago when BF2 came out, that was like 2 steps forward, 1 step back when compared to BF:1942. In more recent years, game developers have just been stepping backwards apart from moving forwards with better graphics and stuff.

Don't hold your breath.

[R-Div]Robbi "There's nothing more skanky than eating out of a tub of hummus with a screwdriver."
[R-DEV]Matrox "CHINAAAAAAA!!!"
Old 02-02-2010, 08:45 AM   #90
hiberNative

they can take their time, i have a lot of other games to play.

-
Closed Thread

Tags
2011, announcement, back, battlefied, battlefield, battlefield 3, beta, bf3, community, confirmed, date, dice, game, grow, holidays, i want bf1943, leaked, noprbf3ever, page, pushed, release, scans, screens, updated, windows, year