project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
21 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 12:34 PM   #101
Hitman.2.5
Default Re: Battlefield 3 Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTimo View Post
gimme a cold war turned hot scenario
in total agreement XD

Derpist
Old 02-02-2010, 12:50 PM   #102
Smegburt_funkledink

Default Re: Battlefield 3 - Confirmed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gx View Post
That doesn't make sense
Did it make sense that BF2 has many flaws that BF:1942 didn't? No.

Did it make sense that EA created a landing craft that was in the game content but couldn't actually carry vehicles? No.

It just doesn't make sense.

Oh and Hitman, don't quote Timo, he rage quitted off the face of the planet.

EDIT: How the hell can I spell sense wrong three times?..

[R-Div]Robbi "There's nothing more skanky than eating out of a tub of hummus with a screwdriver."
[R-DEV]Matrox "CHINAAAAAAA!!!"
Last edited by Smegburt_funkledink; 02-02-2010 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: I'm a nub.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:13 PM   #103
fludblud

unlike all you pessimists, the release of MAG has shown that large scale multiplayer can work and is selling quite well (despite the juggernaut that is mass effect 2) and seeing that MAG has no equivalent on the 360 or PC, BF3 seems perfectly poised to take it. i think DICE will make BF3 bigger and better with such lessons learned, its no longer the king of large scale fps, so lets hope theyre willing to take it back!

i mean, activision pretty much has the entire small scale fast paced shooter genre locked down and seeing that MW2 ended in a cliffhanger, it would be pretty suicidal to go down that route.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #104
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-117 View Post
Sent Dice a email, asking them to not flip up. Btw i told them to check out the mod. I asked for 128 players, saying that graphics werent the most important things for gamers. Lets hope i get a reply and i might possible make a difference
wont happen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #105
DaKillerFox
Supporting Member

I just saw clips of the PC Beta for BC2 and it looked amazingly like MW2 but with Tanks, Vehicles and Aircraft. Also, it has been stated that it only has support for up to 32 players? Is that right? Half of BF2? What makes you guys think that BF3 is gonna have more? There is a correct point being made that the games are now being dictated by the consoles and there really aren't anymore 64+ games for PC. I can say that the only thing that looks appealing about BC2 and possibly BF3 is the graphics, the gameplay is ridiculous.

Old 02-02-2010, 03:30 PM   #106
[R-DEV]Rabbit
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKillerFox View Post
I just saw clips of the PC Beta for BC2 and it looked amazingly like MW2 but with Tanks, Vehicles and Aircraft. Also, it has been stated that it only has support for up to 32 players? Is that right? Half of BF2? What makes you guys think that BF3 is gonna have more? There is a correct point being made that the games are now being dictated by the consoles and there really aren't anymore 64+ games for PC. I can say that the only thing that looks appealing about BC2 and possibly BF3 is the graphics, the gameplay is ridiculous.
They will probably use a different engine, not to mention I do hope battlefield 3 is pc only so they can do more with it. Not to mention if it doesn't have more than 32 players then what do we have? bad company2 they wouldn't do make two of the exact same games or they would have no sales, I'm sure they realize this.

Everybody dies alone.
Ingame name [OD-S]Rabbit
Old 02-02-2010, 04:07 PM   #107
Cassius

Not particularly looking forward to it. Games like ARMA 2, once bitchpatched in place should make a far better plattform for a tactical shooter than BF 3, which will be very similiar to BF 2, which is just blaaah.

The only good thing about BF 2 was that it sold a lot, so there was a large basis for a mod like PR, but apart from that, a lot of the times the devs wanted to change or add something it was like, hardcoded lol.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:21 PM   #108
bloodthirsty_viking
Send a message via Yahoo to bloodthirsty_viking Send a message via Skype™ to bloodthirsty_viking
Default Re: Battlefield 3 Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver-ch-driver View Post
as far as i know, no-ones ever made a game about the Falklands war...
or the cod war... (not as good a war as yours, but still)

Old 02-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #109
[R-CON]Snares
PR:BF2 Contributor

I want it to be PC only!
Old 02-02-2010, 04:33 PM   #110
Smegburt_funkledink

Despite what i previously said, it shouldn't have to be PC only.

BF2 came out on console as a simpler version of the game. Games like GTA would always come out on PC first but when a massive corporation such as Microsoft get their hands on it, things get shat all over.

The entire gaming world is now going backwards. Games come out on console first, then get ported to PC as well as the fact that games are becoming smaller, simpler but shinier.

[R-Div]Robbi "There's nothing more skanky than eating out of a tub of hummus with a screwdriver."
[R-DEV]Matrox "CHINAAAAAAA!!!"
Closed Thread

Tags
2011, announcement, back, battlefied, battlefield, battlefield 3, beta, bf3, community, confirmed, date, dice, game, grow, holidays, i want bf1943, leaked, noprbf3ever, page, pushed, release, scans, screens, updated, windows, year