project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
20 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2010, 01:46 PM   #611
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to DankE_SPB Send a message via Skype™ to DankE_SPB
Default Re: World of Tanks (PC Game)

so somebody was digging through game files and found this:
there are 22 maps planned as of now + test/training map

00_planb_testsite
09_hutora - "hutor" - is a very small village of few houses, 'a means its a plural
12_el-alameen
14_siegfried_line
15_komarin - relates to a 1st liberated town in Belarus during WW2
16_carpaty - Carpathian mountains
17_siberia
18_cliff
19_falkland
19_kurgan - Kurgan, chances are this is related to Stalingrad, because of Mamayev Kurgan
22_slough

other titles speak for themselves i assume

also found this screenie
contains other map names - Airfield, Dzharbah, Ardennes, Al-Halluf

if such amount of maps will be available in october with new tank trees then it would be very nice(and fix the lag issues)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
DankE_SPB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:29 PM   #612
Zrix
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Just me?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Zrix is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:45 PM   #613
Teek
Supporting Member

my god, its like the ugly retarded brother of the leettractor

Teek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:57 PM   #614
Zrix
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Setting Testing Servers and Preparing New Patch
World of Tanks closed beta goes to stand-by mode till September 1
25 August 2010, 19:10

We are planning some big updates for the World of Tanks closed beta, which will include launching new game servers in North America and delivering a fresh patch containing new game features. To make sure everything works well, we will halt the game servers from 9 a.m. GMT August 26 till September 1.

On September 1, we will be on air again with all the players connected to the American servers. Several days after that, the new 0.5 patch will be rolled out with several new features, which are:
  • Squad fights. A squad will include 2 to 3 people and will allow players to invite their friends and join a random battle as a single fighting unit, which will help them coordinate their actions and maneuvers.
  • Additional modules. Install rammers and increase your firing rate, take suspension stiffeners and improve your tank’s tonnage, decrease visibility by installing a camouflage net, choose between dozens of upgrades that differ depending on a tank model you choose.
  • Crew kits. Equip you tank crew with fire extinguishers, repair kits, first-aid sets and other elements, with each of them providing extra help in battles.

With the new patch rolled out, all beta testers will get 5000 gold each to test the new game features. The patch will be followed by a “light” wipe when the players will go back to tier 1 tanks, but all the experience they have earned will be converted into free experience which they will be able to use at their leisure. All credits will remain as well, and losing all the tanks, modules, and shells will be compensated by corresponding amount of credits spent on buying them. If a player had a premium tank or shells, compensation will be arranged in respectful amount of gold.

Stay tuned, we’ll be informing you on all major events on World of Tanks.

http://game.worldoftanks.com/news/general_news/stand_by_till_1_09
No WoT for a week

Last edited by Zrix; 08-25-2010 at 01:12 PM..
Old 08-25-2010, 01:03 PM   #615
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

at least this, along with server upgrades tomorrow, should help with lag problem, atm unplayable in the evening.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:17 PM   #616
masterceo

5k gold. all exp converted into free exp. All credits will remain and losing all the tanks, modules, and shells will be compensated by corresponding amount of credits spent on buying them. My mind just exploded.

Priby:Why cant i be norwegian?
H.sta:becouse we are a specially selected bunch of people created by god to show how awsome mankind can be
masterceo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:59 PM   #617
unrealalex

HopefullyI'll have enough to try out a T-44 or Panther. Are they gona fix the penetration issues? I just had a game where my german 8.8 failed to penetrate a VK36 4 times in a row, one including from the rear. I dont see myself spending money or time on this game if they dont fix BS like this.
Last edited by unrealalex; 08-25-2010 at 03:19 PM..
Old 08-25-2010, 04:08 PM   #618
CroCop
Project Reality Beta Tester

Well shooting the VK3601 is probably the worst possible spot you are aiming for (implying that the strongest armor on that thing is the rear)

CroCop is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:35 PM   #619
Polka

Well then, I'll use half of the gold for even moar money and the second for a month premium. oh yeah.

Polka is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:39 PM   #620
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

better leave the 1st part of gold for crew training
in new patch they get 100% instead of 75%

Tags
game, tanks, world