project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
17 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2016, 11:24 AM   #4941
Xander[nl]
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Xander[nl]
Default Re: World of Tanks (PC Game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
What would you do to the spotting system?
Make it consistant at the very least, because even after years it still regularly occurs that tanks disappear into thin air or that you can't see tanks that you should see. Other than that I'd drastically reduce view ranges for everything except scout tanks to make them more important and to prevent camping. And remove the silly 3D outlines so you can't snipe stuff you can't really see.

My goal would be to stop the sniping from the other side of the map-meta and instead divide the battle into several medium range skirmishes. Encourage mobile instead of static combat.
Xander[nl] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 11:41 AM   #4942
PatrickLA_CA

Yes, view ranges make no sense right now. Scouts have pretty much the same view range as heavy tanks. I'd also remove derp guns or nerf them so that they can only damage you if they hit a module otherwise it makes no sense for an O-I to deal 400 dmg to my T-29s turret, or 650 dmg from a KV-2, again, in the turret.

BTW, torenic are you sure about the WT-E-100 defending the Reichstag or was that meant to be sarcastic? I'm pretty sure the only thing that was made from the Entwicklung 100 series was a chassis for the E-100 that wasn't totally completed and was discovered in a factory.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 03:43 PM   #4943
torenico

Send a message via MSN to torenico

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickLA_CA View Post
BTW, torenic are you sure about the WT-E-100 defending the Reichstag or was that meant to be sarcastic? I'm pretty sure the only thing that was made from the Entwicklung 100 series was a chassis for the E-100 that wasn't totally completed and was discovered in a factory.
Totally sarcastic .

WTE was the biggest mistake of WG in terms of tanks themselves, as the thing was seriously broken when it first started, went on to become moderately broken later on due to the nerfs (broken in certain situations, but overall it became quite a shitty tank) and after that it spawned the new thing that I can't even remember the name which made me leave this stupid game.

WG is shit because there's no competition, WT keeps running in circles and AW is even worse.

http://s905.photobucket.com/user/raziel1082/media/mareth.jpg.html[/IMG]
torenico is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 03:06 AM   #4944
Trooper909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander[nl] View Post
I'd drastically reduce view ranges for everything except scout tanks to make them more important and to prevent camping.
As an ex light tank player ( I don't play anymore) so much this.

Also stop turning every map into retard friendly corridors.

in hoc signo vinces
Trooper909 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 07:52 AM   #4945
PatrickLA_CA

Yeah, I'm just getting into light tanks and notice how most maps don't even need a scout as they're too small and made into corridors where you know who you can expect.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 08:58 AM   #4946
Mouthpiece
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickLA_CA View Post
Yeah, I'm just getting into light tanks and notice how most maps don't even need a scout as they're too small and made into corridors where you know who you can expect.
That's why they essentially destroyed the meta of the light tank by giving lights HP and firepower (think AMX-30-90, etc.) basically making them meds. AS I said - there's only one meta in current WOT - fast tanks with high alpha or fast cannons (that means lights and meds, and fast/quick shooting heavies). The idea about light tanks and heavy tanks have been thrown out. If something else can't counter the heavy with his armor... (e.g., premium ammo) there's alsways the ARTY or KV-2 with his DERP cannon.

So now the meta classes for a nicely complected WOT team are (e.g., classes you will find in game driving by those who know how to play):
1. light tank with autoloader
2. medium tank with autoloader
3. heavy tank with autoloader
4. fast td with autoloader
5. premium
6. derp glass cannon
7. that random medium with premium ammo

That happens when you nullify the need for ammo and scouting. The game is so dumbed down it's nuts!

I want my years back!
Mouthpiece is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:24 AM   #4947
Trooper909

Why would anybody play light tanks? they are just mediums with terrible match making in the current game.

They also every patch remove more scouting bushes.Everytime I log in and go to my favorite passive scouting spots to find the bush gone.Obviously because its to complicated to blind fire at the obvious bush your big dumb heavy arse is getting spotted from.

They keep trying to make it easier for heavy's by altering maps but avoid doing the obvious thing of nerfing premium ammo and overhauling arty.Premium should have more penn but do far less damage.

in hoc signo vinces
Trooper909 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
game, tanks, world