project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
30 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 08:59 PM   #21
Sidewinder Zulu

Default Re: Where is the US headed? ? ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kf_reaper View Post
my uncle was telling me last week that the guy that predicted the fall of USSR down the the month are now predicting that the us is going to fall with in the next 5 years. and are economy is not getting any better.
Our economy has been in much, much worse places than it is now. And even then, nobody thought the US had "fallen", they had hope that it would get better.
And less than 20 years after the worst economic crisis in our history, the United States rebounded with booming industries, a higher standard of living, and at the forefront of global economics.
We're going through a phase, a bad recession, but not a depression, thanks to preventive measures.

Quote:
and as far as everything els rome like all we need now is dictator. and barack hussein obama alredy tryed to change the legions of the military to him self once.
Sort of confused about what you're trying to say, but many other American Presidents have taken a far more commanding stance with regards to the military than "Barack Hussein Obama."
And the President of the United States is also the Commander in Chief of the US Armed Forces. He has power over the military granted to him by the US Constitution.

Quote:
also right now there are a hand full of states makeing there own money that is worth more then the Federal dollar
I highly doubt that, seeing as how it's forbidden by the Constitution.

Quote:
and as of right now the US does not have the man power to stop any medium to large riot's or any kind of revolution
Well, fortunately for us, we don't have that many riots, and the only "revolution" we've had (if you can call it that; more like an insurrection) was put down by the US military. And that was back before we had missiles and helicopters and jet aircraft.

If Americans tried to launch a revolution against the US government and were armed only with some random M-16s and AKs ... well, they would be slaughtered. And they know it. So no, a revolution is not in the cards right now.

Quote:
so we the people recover but the US is going to end up braking up i can see it not. the US is now "NEO China, texas, mexico and the est cost USA.
I think there's more cohesion in the country than you might think. Sure, Americans have their political and moral differences, but we all have common ideas and goals in mind, and a good amount of patriotism. I don't think we'll be fighting each other anytime soon.

Now, with regards to the topic, I think the outlook is good.

The United States has a stable population of just over 300 million, and by the middle of the century it will reach around 400 million.
While most European countries have declining birthrates, the American birthrate is increasing exponentially and will continue to do so, if current trends hold.
Couple this with the large numbers of highly educated and ambitious young people who are leaving their home countries to come to the US, and you have a good mix.

That means that the Americans of the mid century (2050) will be younger, more educated, and far more diverse than citizens of any other nation.

In addition to our population resources, we also have a very good geographic position militarily, as we are protected from conventional invasion and attack by thousands of miles of ocean and the Arctic Circle.

The United States also has the world's largest single reserve of arable land, meaning we will have more than enough living space for 400 million Americans, and we'll be able to provide food and other necessary natural resources for these people, in addition to selling the surplus overseas.
Few other countries have such a potent combination of factors.
These were what made the United States into the superpower it is, and these are what will keep us in that position for many years to come.

/ semi-patriotic speech
Sidewinder Zulu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #22
Hotrod525

Send a message via MSN to Hotrod525

if United States stop do war for a while, that will allow they're economy to recover, also, if they stop ship the manufacturing overseas like lets say : China, then they will got more work, of course no one like to work in manufacture, but it does help the country alot.

That said, i dont blame Obama for whats going on, Obama is by far one of the best president U.S.A. got, Bush blown up the country with he's war and anti terrorist shit, United States its a great country that can do alot, but it seems to be like if they where pushing way further that what they can afford. Take Canada as example, we have a strong economy, low unemployment rate and things like that, but on the other hand, we dont buy 800K house with 6 bedrooms if we can't afford it.

the "THINK BIG" way of life of U.S.A. will make them declin if they keep on going. just like a conflict that you have in you're life, step back look whats you're issues, fix it, even if you/many dont like it, then go a you're own speed, you will recover.

But its going in a good way, if they can stop spending like crazy i'm sure that within 10 years U.S.A. will be stronger than ever.

Like Sidewinder said, U.S.A. have alot of protection and they got a f**king good Ally; Canada, as long as U.S.A. and Canada walk together, defend eachother and keep on the same page, North America will be a extremely hard target for any invasion for any Army. Alot of you might beleive Canada is gay, is Army is lame etc etc etc, but when you look at it, Canada is by far the only nation in the world that can rely only on himself to survive and keep on growing. We have shitload of natural ressource, U.S.A have a shitload of military ressource, Europe would not have survive WW2 if it was not cause of us (US/CAN). Europe is also a freaking good ally, British, French, German are some of the most powerfull nation, Japan too, in a Global perspective, U.S.A. is an realy realy good position to recover, and wont declin.

U.S.A. + Canada = unbeatable. But dont get me wrong, Europe is also a key part of this.

You realy just have to look at the thing in its entire aspect.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by Hotrod525; 06-02-2010 at 09:33 PM..
Old 06-02-2010, 11:03 PM   #23
Gaz
PR Retrobate
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreCook View Post
3.) Cultural and language influence ...... How many countries have English as an official/second language? More then 15, im sure of that. And thats not about to change, since English is taught to most youngsters at a very early age thus making them very good at it later on. And no other language is easier to learn so i dont expect that to change either.
Ah yes. The English Language. Now apparently a US invention

*CURRENTLY AFK - MIL STUFF*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"By profession I am a
, and take pride in that fact. But I am prouder, infinitely prouder, to be a father". - Gen Douglas MacAurthur.
-Proud wearer of motorcycle helmets since 1998.
Gaz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:49 AM   #24
[R-DEV]Nosferatu
PR:BF2 Developer

Send a message via ICQ to [R-DEV]Nosferatu

Quote:
Europe would not have survive WW2 if it was not cause of us (US/CAN).
Yeah yeah yeah...

to US guys:

Comparing to others, your country is in excellent shape. Most of you never even felt what current crisis is all about.
[R-DEV]Nosferatu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:54 AM   #25
Colonelcool125

Everything everywhere is being ruined by everyone and we're all pussies.
Colonelcool125 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:15 AM   #26
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonelcool125 View Post
Everything everywhere is being ruined by everyone and we're all pussies.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Seriously, how many here have actually been effected by the recession? Those college students who are looking for real jobs will have noticed a difference, but ultimately, McDonalds and Dunkin Donuts are still open.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:18 AM   #27
kf_reaper
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]CodeRedFox View Post
its called the pussificaltion of America, our grandparents went through the great depression and stood in soup lines and were bitching and moaning about not being able to afford our 700k 6 bedroom house and our BMW payments on our 30k income.

Its part of the whole "entitlement" the current populace feels they deserve.

The US is not going anywhere, but a change in how Americans live will be changing. We are a consumer based country out of control with spend spend spend. We are already seeing this happen and it will take some time. Whats the old saying? "Americans the only country with fat poor people"

Of course thats my opinions...
we have fat poor people because you can feed a family of 3 for the price of one onions. the food that is good for you hear in the US cost an lot of $$$$ but the crap that is bad for you is dirt cheap. and as a as an sou chef i cant believe the outrageous price of healthy foods. but then we have the US gov to thank for that subsidizing corn farms along with many other food food producers. so untill the price of the healthy foods drop cheaper then a big mac then the USA will have a drop of fat ppl pop.

and thanks to the gov the state i live if has cut off water to the farmers so guess what the price of food goes up again. $5 tomatoes and $4 onions each. to think i live in a farm town what a load of $@$##!
kf_reaper is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:38 AM   #28
USMCMIDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder Zulu View Post
Our economy has been in much, much worse places than it is now. And even then, nobody thought the US had "fallen", they had hope that it would get better.
And less than 20 years after the worst economic crisis in our history, the United States rebounded with booming industries, a higher standard of living, and at the forefront of global economics.
We're going through a phase, a bad recession, but not a depression, thanks to preventive measures.

/ semi-patriotic speech
I feel better....

And another reason we are so well protected in our soil is not only our Navy and AF but putting them aside no army can account for so much of the US population with weapons. I was taught in a Naval Science class (my first military class I think...) that no conventional army has "real" plans to invade because of this. A prime example was with the Soviets during the Cold War. They did not have any plans to invade not only because of the hassle it would be to deploy forces across the globe but also fight the population and the US Military.
Last edited by [R-MOD]Saobh; 06-03-2010 at 06:43 AM..
Old 06-03-2010, 01:40 AM   #29
kf_reaper
Banned

and if i remember right Sidewinder Zulu the US armed forces sworn allegiance to the US constitution not to the prz

and there are more civis in the US that are armed with rifle and hand guns then all of the US PD and armed forces put together

and the US educated ranking to other countries is LOL and yes the big corps like all of the immigrant there almost used as save laber they pay them dirt cheap and if they speake up thay just make a call and there on a plane back to there home countries and im sorry to say it but all of the immigrant is putting a stress on the local govs coper. they come hear for work. and good old gov cut the water to the farmer so he cant have anyone working for him growing dry dirt. so all of these ppl turn to the food stamp programs and cash aid. "ware do you think all that money comes from" and to top that my city has an unemployment rate of 30% of legal immigrants and ppl that were born hear. but after we add in all of the illegal immigrant we have about an 40-50% rate.

so if more and more ppl are needing these programs and there less and less tax payers ware is the money coming from???

and ya we do have the land. but you cant farm and grow food if there is no water and do to this my state is no longer in the top 10 age states in the US.

i still give the US 4 more years. just give time
kf_reaper is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:53 AM   #30
RedAlertSF

China can't just destroy the economy of the US just because China has loaned a lot of money for the US. Why would China want to make it's investments in the US worthless? It would hit them really hard too and that's why neither are going to destroy each other economically. The US depends on China, and China depends on the US.
RedAlertSF is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
headed