project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
26 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2010, 11:02 PM   #41
Priby
Supporting Member

Default Re: Eurovision 2010

Dear god.
Seems like bad singing and spastic movements are a secret recipe...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Priby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:42 PM   #42
bloodthirsty_viking
Send a message via Yahoo to bloodthirsty_viking Send a message via Skype™ to bloodthirsty_viking

i was suppriesed iceland got so few points, we normally do... goodish =P

trouth be told, my top 5 was
1. Turkey
2 and 3. (tie of sorts) greece and iceland (i gota support me own country!!)
4and 5. not a tie, but i dont know if i feel germany was a 4 or a 5... probably a 4.

but i thought Turkey was gona win by a landslide, with maybe greece right behind them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bloodthirsty_viking is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 05:54 AM   #43
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myles View Post
*raises hand*

I think ireland got thorugh we have won the eurovision the most so STFU lol
mate, that's nothin' for us to be proud of

also consider that Eurovision sprung Riverdance to fame.....we all know what that's done to our image abroad.

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Jaymz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:41 AM   #44
[R-DEV]epoch
PR:A3 Project Manager
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Don't normally watch Eurovision, but my g/f insisted, so I endured the full 3+ hours (without the aid of alcohol I might add).

UK were shite, with a song Rick Astley probably threw back at them 20 years ago.

Some nice songs, some bizarre haircuts (what were you thinking Serbia?), and some weird costumes (nice try Belarus). The stage act from Spain was well freaky (stage invasion not included).

Germany wasn't all that bad (if mad obsessed stalker types are your thing).

Loved her taking the piss out of her accent though at the press conference prior to the final:

YouTube Video

[R-MOD]Cp: epoch if I wasn't dancing right now I'd shoot you.
[R-DEV]epoch is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:05 AM   #45
MaxBooZe
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to MaxBooZe

It's just that no one understands how to win, Germany send in a normal song, so did Belgium.. The rest thought that they would add something strange they might win..

1 singer, Normal modern up to date song with no strange acts..

MaxBooZe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:38 AM   #46
Elektro

ffs how could Germany win with 76 points ahead of the 2nd place...

I bet that 50% of you guys were forced to watched this too ?

Elektro is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:05 AM   #47
Zimmer
Supporting Member

The best part was

The best part was
YouTube Video

I laughed my ass of when the commentator said the man without neck Atle Antonsen
YOu can see him here in a hilarious sketch from a program called "Out in our Garden"
YouTube Video

I started watching at the 25th song, but the pause show where quite good from a norwegian rapper duo Madcon the song is named Glowe
YouTube Video

People don't realize that autism doesn't mean they're "stupid". Just socially inept. Like rhino... > > or in a worst case scenario... Wicca. =)- Lithium fox

I found this sentence quite funny and since this is a war game forum I will put it here. No offense to the french just a good laugh.
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."
Zimmer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:12 AM   #48
[R-MOD]Saobh
Forum Moderator

Man ... simply hearing about this show makes me feel like we're back in the awful 80's (music, style & hairdo)

The only acceptable 'Lone Wolf' you'll be allowed to play :

[R-MOD]Saobh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:12 AM   #49
G.Drew

Send a message via MSN to G.Drew

I missed this completely. I am for once thankful that I suddenly got dragged out of the house and down the pub and stayed out till about half 2.

[R-COM]BloodBane611: I do like the old school rape...However, it's a bit awkward to be a white boy blasting the old school in public....
G.Drew is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 03:47 PM   #50
Hitperson
Retired Tournament Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Jaymz View Post
mate, that's nothin' for us to be proud of

also consider that Eurovision sprung Riverdance to fame.....we all know what that's done to our image abroad.
YouTube - Father Ted | My Lovely Horse | Channel 4

Harrod200:"Fire.exe has committed an illegal operation and has been shut down"
Raniak : "Warning: May crash if fired upon."
M4sherman: "like peter pan but with tanks"
[R-MOD]Eddiereyes909 (on sim tower) "It truly was the game of my childhood and has led to me getting my degree in industrial engineering."
Hitperson is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2010, eurovision