project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
02 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2006, 05:35 PM   #1
npsxbox

Default Man, Vanilla BF2 is so easy now

Within minutes I was totally owning everybody (I played Vanilla simply 'cuz all the PR servers had only like 5 people playing....meh)

Anyway, man, everybody playing vanilla just sucks...or something. It was also easier to survive when I was getting shot. And since the recoil is so much less, its just that much easier to get kills.

Another thing is that no one takes cover. Its rare. I was in the vodnik, jut owning everybody as they ran towards me. ha. funny stuff
npsxbox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:38 PM   #2
trogdor1289

Send a message via MSN to trogdor1289

This strikes me as an off topic thread.
trogdor1289 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:42 PM   #3
1SFG-BigJoe62

I saw this and chuckled in agreement. I played vanilla a couple of times this week with some clan mates and I too felt it was easier. Just jumping to and from any flag. I had my best round as a medic in vanilla 2 nights ago (21 revives & 10 heals).

I also noticed the thing about people not taking cover. I also find myself crouching and rounding corners more tactfully when playing vanilla.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1SFG-BigJoe62 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:44 PM   #4
solodude23

Send a message via AIM to solodude23 Send a message via Yahoo to solodude23

I know what you mean. A while back after I was used to PR I played VBF2 with a friend and wer were 1st - 3rd every round. Since your used to playing with realism from PRMM you move very cautiously, tatically, etc and no one else in Vanilla seems to do that. Your used to playing as if its realistic but they play as if its lazertag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-PUB]trogdor1289
This strikes me as an off topic thread.
Eh..this fits in general discussion.
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:51 PM   #5
Army Musician

Lasertag I like it. ooo lets have a game of laser tag
Army Musician is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:52 PM   #6
Malik
Banned

Same experience for me, although I got pissed off with the artillery and suicide bombers very quickly. After shortly being reunited with my L85A1 I was mowing down MECs like nobody's business. Who needs a sniper rifle? The funniest part was that I forgot that I had a parachute, I was so used to taking the stairs I forgot I could bail off the side of the buildings.
Malik is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:58 PM   #7
1SFG-BigJoe62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik
The funniest part was that I forgot that I had a parachute, I was so used to taking the stairs I forgot I could bail off the side of the buildings.
Yeah, me too. I found myself actually climbing down ladders and taking the stairs down from the roof of the TV Station on Sharqi What was I thinking LOL

1SFG-BigJoe62 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:30 PM   #8
trogdor1289

Send a message via MSN to trogdor1289

Yeah I really don't enjoy vanilla at all any more thanks to PR. DAMM YOU PR. lol
trogdor1289 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:46 PM   #9
Griffon2-6

If Rhino sees anything regarding this thread, or the OGRES thread, we might get banned, so don't aggravate him anymore. The last thing we want is an angry Rhino. Then we're dead.
Griffon2-6 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:06 AM   #10
Fullforce
Retired PR Developer

i don't think my vBF2 even works since I installed that airshow map... about 3 months ago.
Fullforce is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bf2, easy, man, vanilla