project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
26 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 06:06 AM   #41
[R-MOD]Saobh
Forum Moderator

Default Re: Dwarf Fortress

Yeah the architect is a bit of a pain to train (as i also fond they love to go fishing afterward ... carp bait)

Just put orders to build 20-30 supports in an area, you can choose to use just simple wood or flint (cost 1) and they are easy to deconstruct after (giving back the resource spent).

How did your miner get stuck ? I mean you can always build a ramp or new stairs (remember you can only carve stairs in a rock tile so if you then make a mine order overlaying it it'll destroy it , if you wish to build a stair in an open tile it'll cost you a resource)

I hate carp and sea lamprey ... I was trying to build a pump system (as mentioned in my previous post) but my guys got attacked/snatched by the fish while trying to finish it. Result being dead bodies and loot which of course the rest of my dwarfs raced to pick up thus getting themselves killed etc

Must have lost 60 dwarfs in all after 3 such incidents. Even painting the area as restricted changed nothing as it doesn't count when they have a job to do in the area.

Finally had to change method and directly dug to the river (rather then channel the last bit) I'll be using a floodgate lever system to control the intake. Have to say it was pretty gruesome when I opened the last part to the river as when the water rushed in in brought in corpses, body parts and some of their clothes.

This is an evil game ...

The only acceptable 'Lone Wolf' you'll be allowed to play :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-MOD]Saobh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:46 AM   #42
Zimmer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Saobh View Post

Finally had to change method and directly dug to the river (rather then channel the last bit) I'll be using a floodgate lever system to control the intake. Have to say it was pretty gruesome when I opened the last part to the river as when the water rushed in in brought in corpses, body parts and some of their clothes.

This is an evil game ...
haha

Dont know how he got stuck tbh I tried to make the stairs, but for some reason he or the miner on the second floor wouldnt do it so I dont know.

The first fortress teh training fortress I tried to learn the absolute basic I wanted to flood atleast the basement, but the damn water is so slow

On the other side I think I have magma somewhere around to help the workshops who need heat as fast as I get a damn architect.

People don't realize that autism doesn't mean they're "stupid". Just socially inept. Like rhino... > > or in a worst case scenario... Wicca. =)- Lithium fox

I found this sentence quite funny and since this is a war game forum I will put it here. No offense to the french just a good laugh.
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."
Zimmer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:27 AM   #43
Web_cole
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Web_cole Send a message via Skype™ to Web_cole

Totally freakin' awesome DF illustration. Go look!
Web_cole is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:49 AM   #44
[R-DEV]Adriaan
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

That was awesome! I hope he makes more

[R-DEV]Adriaan is online now Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:06 AM   #45
Aquiller
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Aquiller

Wow, I'm trying it now.
Aquiller is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:41 AM   #46
Zimmer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquiller View Post
Wow, I'm trying it now.
Try it with this version:
May Green

People don't realize that autism doesn't mean they're "stupid". Just socially inept. Like rhino... > > or in a worst case scenario... Wicca. =)- Lithium fox

I found this sentence quite funny and since this is a war game forum I will put it here. No offense to the french just a good laugh.
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."
Zimmer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:25 AM   #47
Web_cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquiller View Post
Wow, I'm trying it now.
Good luck Aquiller
Old 04-23-2010, 10:06 AM   #48
[R-MOD]Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to [R-MOD]Dunehunter

Must..not...try...

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
[R-MOD]Dunehunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:28 AM   #49
Aquiller
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Aquiller

Following the tutorial Web Cole posted, got the new tilesets so it actually looks acceptable. Doing basic stuff right now like makind bedrooms and furniture, advancing to Part 4 as we speak.
Aquiller is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:26 PM   #50
Web_cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Dunehunter View Post
Must..not...try...
Join us... join us! OooOOOoooh!

When the new version gets mostly stable I so wanna try a PR succession game