project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
24 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 11:28 AM   #11
Arnoldio
Banned
Default Re: PR player's life cycle?

Start.

Download the mod. Install, get on a nearly full server... get in a squad and be a mraksman. Get kicked out. Go off lone wolfing. Few hours later you recognize that there is more fun to play in a squad as an other kit.

Playtime.

You're really hooked on it, you play it every day for several hours, and join forums too... You follow this for a month or so... Hit a few repetitive boring rounds, ragequit and kepp away for 2 weeks. You do it again and again for 3 years.

Maintime.

You're still in the playtime, but sconsider modding, moddeling or mapping. None of that really works or you are too busy, so you keep it on the playtime level. You also complain alot about the players failing.

End.

Life gets in PRs way, or you get bored of it and move on.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:34 AM   #12
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Start

play (occasionally interrupted by real life)

70 years later, die

respawn

do again

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:08 PM   #13
[R-MOD]Jigsaw
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Spearhead View Post
Once people reach PR's tactical event horizon they never quit. They only take extended breaks due to college, jail, war, marriage or unpaid phone/electricity bills.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Rudd View Post
Start

70 years later, die

respawn

do again
Lol, I think that'll be me. I've tried to quit and just can't

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
[R-MOD]Jigsaw is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:57 PM   #14
Scot
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Scot

Yeah, rudd sums it up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Scot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:53 PM   #15
herbanator3
Banned

This almost makes me sad thinking about not playing/having interest.
herbanator3 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:47 AM   #16
<1sk>Headshot

Find awesome mod, play for a few months.
Come April 1st 2007, get owned by epic Ministry of Defense closure April fools day prank.
Feel sad.
Realize I got owned, sign up to forums.
Play PR.

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
<1sk>Headshot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:24 AM   #17
Sgt. Mahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Rudd View Post
Start

70 years later, die

respawn

do again
Haha I really hope not

Quote:
You're really hooked on it, you play it every day for several hours, and join forums too... You follow this for a month or so... Hit a few repetitive boring rounds, ragequit and kepp away for 2 weeks. You do it again and again for 3 years.
Kinda sounds familiar

I don't know when my time is up but I actually have to uninstall PR if I have something important to do like exams. The problem is that you think that you are perfectly capable to only play an hour or so but then it turns out the round is going to last 3 hours. And you can't quit in the middle of a battle

If you ever played CivIV you probably know the term "...just one more turn"

YouTube Video

Reminds me of PR sometimes

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading
Last edited by Sgt. Mahi; 03-13-2010 at 07:35 AM..
Old 03-13-2010, 07:39 AM   #18
Dizakui

Start:
Join the forums, learn about the mod, start playing whilst making suggestions and stuff which, I'll admit now, were usually daft and silly.

Learning period:
Play it quite a lot, make a few friends who begin teaching me basics.

Playing:
Actually know what I'm doing most of the time, get praise from some other players, dabble in squad leading a little, as well as vehicle controls.

Playing stage 2:
Start playing single player more, eventually leading to me playing single played almost every weekend but not the multiplayer.

Current:
Exams, College, homework, more exams, more homework and having more mates who are more willing to get out the house means I hardly play now, occasionally play in holidays from college, but apart from that it's extremely rare. Now I tend to mooch about the forums and look at the progress of the mod since it all interests me, but I don't post.

And there's my PR life cycle
Dizakui is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:47 AM   #19
Narco

Start playing, lonewolf a bit. Figure out that this game and its teamwork is awesome.

Become a good teamplayer, get better at the game. Maybe start flying or doing armour.

Start squadleading, join the PRT, a community, a clan. Become an even better player.

Now that you're a pretty good player, join a pub server, get annoyed with the people that are retarded and have no idea what they're doing. Try commanding, no one listens, get even more irate.

Stop playing due to the idiocy of the main PR population and real life demands.

Browse forums, only play in the PRT, play a different game.

Thats me.

Narco is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:04 AM   #20
Sundance Kid

1. Download and install PR
2. Play it a few times and think its awesome even though you don't know wtf you're doing
3. Join the forums
4. Start noobing around the forums and get a lot of infractions
5. Start a thread or two
6. Realize you've been a member for 3 years and barely even post here anymore, and haven't played PR since .8 came out..Still you download all the latest PR versions.

Thats me

U.S bace in mad of 5 enterdil bildings with lap tops and rados in them
Sundance Kid is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
cycle, life, player