project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
21 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 12:11 AM   #21
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Jaymz's Avatar
Default Re: Getting Sent to Afganistan, Gonna Miss PRing It Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00SoldierofFortune00 View Post
Anyone have any suggestions on a laptop that can run PR yet?
How much can you spend?

$800 : Newegg.com - ASUS A52JR-X1 NoteBook Intel Core i5 430M(2.26GHz) 15.6" 4GB Memory 500GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 - Laptops / Notebooks

$900 : ASUS G51VX-RX05 4GB 320GB 1GB NVIDIA Gaming LAPTOP - eBay (item 150405901377 end time Feb-15-10 06:52:49 PST)

$900 : Newegg.com - TOSHIBA Satellite A505-S6020 NoteBook Intel Core i5 430M(2.26GHz) 16" 4GB Memory DDR3 1066 500GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 310M - Laptops / Notebooks

They should all run PR. Hopefully more so when we get the performance patch out. Of course there's more ridiculous options the higher you go......

$1500 : http://cgi.ebay.com/ASUS-G51JX-A1-15...item3efca4681a

$3000 (lol!) : http://cgi.ebay.com/Intel-Core-i7-92...item1c09c38d34



Be sure to check this out : http://computers.toptenreviews.com/gaming-laptops/


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Jaymz is offline
Last edited by Jaymz; 02-10-2010 at 12:17 AM..
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:14 AM   #22
Clypp

Clypp's Avatar
Send a message via AIM to Clypp Send a message via MSN to Clypp
Default Re: Getting Sent to Afganistan, Gonna Miss PRing It Up

Hey SOF, I hope you have a good and uneventful deployment. I gotta find time to get this 0.9 release installed and PRing it up before you go.
Clypp is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:15 AM   #23
[R-DEV]Rabbit
PR:BF2 Developer

[R-DEV]Rabbit's Avatar
Default Re: Getting Sent to Afganistan, Gonna Miss PRing It Up

I have a dell, it worked well on my deployment. You can just go to their site and make your own. For video games your going to probably stick to single player on account internet there is kind of faulty, I always got disconnected from skype and msn. I'm guessing your going to bagram air base,[don't tell me(OPSEC)] so the internet there might be like the ones on mega fobs and me more reliable.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:29 AM   #24
00SoldierofFortune00

00SoldierofFortune00's Avatar
Default Re: Getting Sent to Afganistan, Gonna Miss PRing It Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Jaymz View Post
How much can you spend?

$800 : Newegg.com - ASUS A52JR-X1 NoteBook Intel Core i5 430M(2.26GHz) 15.6" 4GB Memory 500GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 - Laptops / Notebooks

$900 : ASUS G51VX-RX05 4GB 320GB 1GB NVIDIA Gaming LAPTOP - eBay (item 150405901377 end time Feb-15-10 06:52:49 PST)

$900 : Newegg.com - TOSHIBA Satellite A505-S6020 NoteBook Intel Core i5 430M(2.26GHz) 16" 4GB Memory DDR3 1066 500GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 310M - Laptops / Notebooks

They should all run PR. Hopefully more so when we get the performance patch out. Of course there's more ridiculous options the higher you go......

$1500 : ASUS G51JX-A1 15.6" Quad Core i7 G51 Gaming LAPTOP - eBay (item 270526605338 end time Feb-12-10 01:25:28 PST)

$3000 (lol!) : Intel Core i7 920_GTX 280 1GB_6GB RAM_GAMING LAPTOP - eBay (item 120422894900 end time Feb-13-10 07:30:57 PST)



Be sure to check this out : Gaming Laptops 2010 - TopTenREVIEWS

Thanks. Not sure how much I want to spend yet, but if I get enough money, I may go crazy and spend like 1500-2000. I'll check out those suggestions.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofurkeymeister View Post
Still... be careful. You don't respawn IRL.
Yea thanks. People get tasked out to do anything, so I may not even be doing my original MOS over there lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gx View Post
I have a dell, it worked well on my deployment. You can just go to their site and make your own. For video games your going to probably stick to single player on account internet there is kind of faulty, I always got disconnected from skype and msn. I'm guessing your going to bagram air base,[don't tell me(OPSEC)] so the internet there might be like the ones on mega fobs and me more reliable.
Thanks for the advice. I may end up at Camp Leatherneck, but I'm not sure yet. Never heard of Bagram before though. I will probably stock up on a lot of single player games before leaving.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Clypp View Post
Hey SOF, I hope you have a good and uneventful deployment. I gotta find time to get this 0.9 release installed and PRing it up before you go.
Yea dude, I'll be on during the weekends and when I can during the week, so just hit me up on xfire.

"Push the Envelope, Watch It Bend"

Tool ~ Lateralus
00SoldierofFortune00 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:44 AM   #25
anglomanii

anglomanii's Avatar
Default Re: Getting Sent to Afganistan, Gonna Miss PRing It Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00SoldierofFortune00 View Post
Logistics, 0481 (Landing Support), so I will likely be at an airport doing something or probably some convoys, don't know yet. Won't be much danger involved, but don't really know much about Afganistan yet.

Anyone have any suggestions on a laptop that can run PR yet?
what ever you do get mate, make sure you have a spare battery, (getting hold of them in AVI is murder) and make sure you can keep the dust out as that crap gets everywhere (and i mean everywhere)


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



<22:31:15> "Supahpingi": i was actually mastrubating ferosiosly to mike meyers pictures
anglomanii is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:47 AM   #26
Drop_Deadx

Drop_Deadx's Avatar
Default Re: Getting Sent to Afganistan, Gonna Miss PRing It Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00SoldierofFortune00 View Post
Logistics, 0481 (Landing Support), so I will likely be at an airport doing something or probably some convoys, don't know yet. Won't be much danger involved, but don't really know much about Afganistan yet.

Anyone have any suggestions on a laptop that can run PR yet?
They suggested that to me but I took Engineer Equipment Mechanic, 1341.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Hell, these are Marines. Men like them held Guadalcanal and took Iwo Jima. Bagdad ain't shit."
-Marine Major General John F. Kelly
Drop_Deadx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:53 AM   #27
00SoldierofFortune00

00SoldierofFortune00's Avatar
Default Re: Getting Sent to Afganistan, Gonna Miss PRing It Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglomanii View Post
what ever you do get mate, make sure you have a spare battery, (getting hold of them in AVI is murder) and make sure you can keep the dust out as that crap gets everywhere (and i mean everywhere)
Why the spare battery? Also, I think I am gonna get this laptop ($1500 : ASUS G51JX-A1 15.6" Quad Core i7 G51 Gaming LAPTOP - eBay (item 270526605338 end time Feb-12-10 01:25:28 PST)
) but I heard there are problems with it possibly overheating? Am I going to need a cooler for it or can I just take the laptop stock configuration? Since it's videocard is so big, there could be a problem with dust getting in it, but I will have to see.

"Push the Envelope, Watch It Bend"

Tool ~ Lateralus
00SoldierofFortune00 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:07 AM   #28
LUKE_NUKE_EM

LUKE_NUKE_EM's Avatar
Default Re: Getting Sent to Afganistan, Gonna Miss PRing It Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00SoldierofFortune00 View Post
I have two months before training, so I am probably gonna go on a PR binge and play hours on end (I do already), maybe even 24 hours long. Thanks to all the guys that usually play in my squad and when we own it up.

BTW, I am gonna try to buy a gaming laptop before I leave, so anyone have any ideas of a good gaming laptop? If they have good internet, I will try to play PR over there.
Could you get me an ear?

I mean confiscate the ear from all the fallen enemies at your feet, send me one.


Just kidding, best of luck to you! Stay safe


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
LUKE_NUKE_EM is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:42 AM   #29
Spartan0189

Spartan0189's Avatar
Send a message via AIM to Spartan0189 Send a message via MSN to Spartan0189
Default Re: Getting Sent to Afganistan, Gonna Miss PRing It Up

Stay safe in your deployment bro, Respect for you


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Spartan0189 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:14 AM   #30
bloodthirsty_viking
Send a message via Yahoo to bloodthirsty_viking Send a message via Skype™ to bloodthirsty_viking
Default Re: Getting Sent to Afganistan, Gonna Miss PRing It Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00SoldierofFortune00 View Post
Why the spare battery? Also, I think I am gonna get this laptop ($1500 : ASUS G51JX-A1 15.6" Quad Core i7 G51 Gaming LAPTOP - eBay (item 270526605338 end time Feb-12-10 01:25:28 PST)
) but I heard there are problems with it possibly overheating? Am I going to need a cooler for it or can I just take the laptop stock configuration? Since it's videocard is so big, there could be a problem with dust getting in it, but I will have to see.
i have a acer netbook for school (all the kids call em craptops) but we also got crappy computers... but so far, i have not had any problems, it being crappy it could not run stuff like youtube, but thats beside the point.

but i know there have been atleast 5 broken in half screens, 2 disconnected screens, one had a thumb throw it, and 2 kids computer did not start... but becuase of a bad battery.. but i only mentioned those problems i know about.. but out of 2000 kids, 10 screwup's from abuse are not bad... (16-17 year old teenager abuse...) but take care of the aser, dont be to rough, and it should work fine...


I have heard about them overheating aswell.. my brothers gateway laptop overheats, he bought a fan that gose under, and connects to the USB drive, and it lasts an extra hour or so...

I feel it all depends on how you feel on the company on how you feel the computer is. say you hate dell.. the dell laptops will most lickley suck, but say you love acer, the acer will most lickley rock.
Say you love dell, you will feel that dell laptops rock, say you hate aces, you will feel acer sucks. you know?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bloodthirsty_viking is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
afganistan, gonna, miss, pring
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:21 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2014, Project Reality.