project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
01 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2009, 04:30 AM   #1
TY2D2

Send a message via AIM to TY2D2 Send a message via MSN to TY2D2 Send a message via Yahoo to TY2D2
Default Moddb Mod of the Year Awards 2009.

The mod of the year awards have begun for 2009.

[Another chance at glory! ]

Now, as you may not know, Project Reality can't actually place again, since they got first last year [woot!] But there are plenty of other mods out there just as deserving of your vote, like First Strike [www.fsmod.com]

I hope I can get as many of you PR fans to come over and try out FS again and maybe we can grab a few votes from you :] We are due to release a new patch very soon, wrapping things up, but it should be a great one.

We got fourth last year, so help us push on up the ranks this year! If we don't get better than 4th we don't get to place at all, and that would be a major bummer considering all our hard work these past years, remember we've been working on it since before 2142 even released!

You could even vote for us just because the mod is awesome, and you can take my word for it

Here's where you can vote [for us ]
http://www.moddb.com/mods/first-strike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

First Strike Developer
ASF Clan Leader
Last edited by ZZEZ; 12-25-2009 at 07:38 AM..
Old 12-23-2009, 04:39 AM   #2
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq
Default Re: Moddb Mod of the Year Awards 2009.

I loved having a SW FPS worthy of the name to play - Battlefront1/2 being just too damn tiny to play properly - but I have to say, the last time I played it, the texture quality was pretty grim. Playing on the Tatooine maps, none of the buildings showed any sign of wear or dirt buildup anywhere, the walls just met the ground at a perfect 90-degree angle at the same colour and condition of the rest of the building. Everything looked like it had just been dropped, pristine, onto a giant sandbox. Has that been improved, at all? It really killed immersion and enjoyment for me, if I'm honest.

I'd've liked more tactical gameplay too, but I know you can't mod players (we've tried!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." -

Masaq is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 04:43 AM   #3
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

First strike gets my vote, its quality is as good as PR imo, though ofc the scope and gameplay are completely differnet

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 04:57 AM   #4
TY2D2

Send a message via AIM to TY2D2 Send a message via MSN to TY2D2 Send a message via Yahoo to TY2D2

Thanks for the support!

I guess we haven't fixed that, we've hit so many other troubles we don't have time for that stuff. A team of less than 15 devs is really limiting on what issues you can see too and which have to been left alone even though we know they exist.

We try to get to that stuff, I think Safekeeper was going through Mos Espa again and adding in some details. I have been going back over the ice maps and increasing their levels of detail as well. But those projects take more time since they are not the highest priority. We are still trying to get Hoth out the door! And with a fully realized, largest ever in game Echo Base, I think it will impress anyone, that and the fully animated ATATs with repelling snowtroopers! That's all due for release one of these days :P

First Strike Developer
ASF Clan Leader
TY2D2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 05:11 AM   #5
ledo1222

Quote:
Originally Posted by TY2D2 View Post
Thanks for the support!

I guess we haven't fixed that, we've hit so many other troubles we don't have time for that stuff. A team of less than 15 devs is really limiting on what issues you can see too and which have to been left alone even though we know they exist.

We try to get to that stuff, I think Safekeeper was going through Mos Espa again and adding in some details. I have been going back over the ice maps and increasing their levels of detail as well. But those projects take more time since they are not the highest priority. We are still trying to get Hoth out the door! And with a fully realized, largest ever in game Echo Base, I think it will impress anyone, that and the fully animated ATATs with repelling snowtroopers! That's all due for release one of these days :P
fully animated ATATs with repelling snowtroopers! That's all due for release one of these days

FAST ROPES

-The Mods cant Silence me!
-Its all a Conspiracy all OF IT!
-Boys get the duck tape ready..... Umm.....

Been palying PR:ARMA2 since 0.1v beta

ledo1222 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 05:34 AM   #6
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley
PR:BF2 Developer

Oh and don't forget folks, sign in before you vote! Guest votes only count if member votes are tied!

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
[R-DEV]Bob_Marley is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 05:43 AM   #7
TY2D2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledo1222 View Post
fully animated ATATs with repelling snowtroopers! That's all due for release one of these days

FAST ROPES
Srsly, dawg.

First Strike Developer
ASF Clan Leader
TY2D2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 06:19 AM   #8
Welshboy

Send a message via Skype™ to Welshboy

I love first strike, it's probably the most underated mod there is

Welshboy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 06:28 AM   #9
[R-MOD]Saobh
Forum Moderator

You got my (registered) vote

The only acceptable 'Lone Wolf' you'll be allowed to play :

[R-MOD]Saobh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 06:30 AM   #10
Gaz
PR Retrobate
Supporting Member

Before you vote, we'd still like PR to place strongly

*CURRENTLY AFK - MIL STUFF*

"By profession I am a
, and take pride in that fact. But I am prouder, infinitely prouder, to be a father". - Gen Douglas MacAurthur.
-Proud wearer of motorcycle helmets since 1998.
Gaz is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2009, awards, first strike, mod, moddb, year