project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
17 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 04:48 PM   #1
Zeno

Send a message via MSN to Zeno Send a message via Skype™ to Zeno
Default Avatar

i just saw the move and i loved it!

great story and superb acting! never seen so freaking awsome animation

YouTube Video

watch in HD and fullscreen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan:
Not having a spotter is like masturbating with a cheese grater...mildly amusing at first, but generally painful and bloody in the end.
Zeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:22 PM   #2
Pantera

Default Re: Avatar

Yeah i saw it last night with the wife.

Its simply amazing. One of the best movies ive seen in a long time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pantera is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:39 PM   #3
rampo

Send a message via MSN to rampo

It's weird how aliens keep talking perfect english in movies and series

rampo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:43 PM   #4
[R-DEV]Hauteclocque
PR:BF2 Developer

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]Hauteclocque

I have just seen it in 3D vision, I don't recommend to see this movie in 3D, images suck...
And when the scenario is not SO good, you feel like to have paid for something that should have cost less money...

[R-DEV]Hauteclocque is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:12 PM   #5
Gaz
PR Retrobate
Supporting Member

Taking the kids to see this in 3D over Xmas. Will be even more satisfying knowing one of the devs

*CURRENTLY AFK - MIL STUFF*

"By profession I am a
, and take pride in that fact. But I am prouder, infinitely prouder, to be a father". - Gen Douglas MacAurthur.
-Proud wearer of motorcycle helmets since 1998.
Gaz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:53 PM   #6
goguapsy

I was actually thinking about making a thread about this movie...

That`s a GREAT move (saw it on 3D) it`s really worth it.

I wanna see when it comes out in Blu-Ray tho...

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:23 PM   #7
jackal22

Brilliant film, amazing in every respect.

3D was odd though:

it was not one of those films where stuff gets 'chucked at you' rather more like an immersive 3d. It felt like you could almost step into some of the environments, the image felt so real & close.

Albeit I found UP to have better over all 3D quality/enjoyment for some reason.

**********************POSSIBLE SPOLIERS*********************************

**********************you have been warned******************************

****************not really major but dont read if you dont want to***************
(related to 3d graphics)

**********************you now have the lurgies*****************************

the first tree revival ceremony bit with the dead woman scientist (forgotten name) I was like lol-wut-bad-CS-textures here, that was the only part of the film where the picture looked anything but lifelike, something about all the rooty-things and the earthy background didnt look very clear. almost blurry like when you try to read a poster on a game with bad texture settings.

Oh and LAMO when the guy on the space shuttle got squished, all I could think was: lol owned by care package. Too much mw2 =/

jackal22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:05 AM   #8
cyberzomby

It looks good. Ive been playing the game for a review and thats far less better. One thing I dont understand and Im not sure if this is in the movie, BUT, this human soldier is controlling an Avatar, and in the game, you can chose to turn on the humans and fight with the Navi. But as soon as you shoot your first human, wouldnt the humans just walk up to that controller box and kill you (the guy who is controlling the Avatar I mean, not the avatar itself)
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:17 AM   #9
Teek
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]cyberzomby View Post
It looks good. Ive been playing the game for a review and thats far less better. One thing I dont understand and Im not sure if this is in the movie, BUT, this human soldier is controlling an Avatar, and in the game, you can chose to turn on the humans and fight with the Navi. But as soon as you shoot your first human, wouldnt the humans just walk up to that controller box and kill you (the guy who is controlling the Avatar I mean, not the avatar itself)
edit: this is explained in the movie, blame typical low production standards of a movie game for not explaining it

Last edited by Teek; 12-20-2009 at 06:04 AM..
Old 12-19-2009, 06:36 AM   #10
jackal22

there is a reason, again spoliers:

about mid way in the movie the head scientist moves the avatar program up into the mountains away from the main base so the marine guy cannot follow the generals orders.

Later once they actually fight the humans, the pick up the movable base and hide it even further into the mountains/forest where there is too much interference for chopper guidance to work so it would be hard to track them down.

jackal22 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags