project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
30 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 04:09 PM   #11
NyteMyre

Default Re: Screamo/Metalcore/Deathcore etc. and paying other people out about their music

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaterCrush View Post
Its not a male exclusive club either

YouTube Video
This is a great example for why I don't really like the music
The guitar riffs are really awesome throughout the song, but the GRINDING makes it awful to listen too. I would like the instrumental version of this.

And btw, your hardcore is not the real hardcore
This is real hardcore:
YouTube Video

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NyteMyre is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:25 PM   #12
HardcoreCook

Default Re: Screamo/Metalcore/Deathcore etc. and paying other people out about their music

I like Sodom, Rammstein, Eardelete and others in the genre. I learned that if you dont obviously dress like it, and people ask you what kinda music you like, people dont care as much. But they do start thinking about you in a steriotype version.

HardcoreCook is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:28 PM   #13
[R-MOD]Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to [R-MOD]Dunehunter

Hardstyle is ok, but techno hardcore is not my thing

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
[R-MOD]Dunehunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:30 PM   #14
Vitiation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OiSkout View Post
I have a problem with it. I don't know why, but I do. Probably because I normally listen to punk/hardcore/oi/ska/reggae, and I guess it's bred within the culture to hate metalcore, emo, and all that sort of stuff. Emo and all the other -cores are like the redheaded stepchild of punk. And there's not many other kids haha.

I used bash people for it, but I don't do it unless I know them. Although since I'm older now, I also don't do it.

All that new -core stuff is just retarded to me, sounds like crap, and everyone wants to make their own -core. But more importantly, I used to go to hardcore shows, but I stopped since a lot of the opening bands play crap like that.

I used to also dislike hip hop, but since I've been exposed to it a lot, I don't really mind it. I mean, I've always liked old school hip hop, but the more I listened to it, the more it grew on me. I can partially withstand more modern hip hop, but it really depends on the artist due to the greater exposure I receive now.

But honestly dude, if you're a scene kid and dress as such, you should expect people to give you shit. That is to say, if you're gonna do something, you have to have the balls to back it up. Like I used to have a mohawk and do the whole punk thing. Most people loved it, some were d-bags. But I didn't give a damn about the people who were d-bags.

Listen to this man, he speaks great wisdom and have a great music taste!

ChiefRyza - Just because we don't have an R- tag or a big post count doesn't make us mentally challenged.
Vitiation is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:31 PM   #15
Drop_Deadx

The Devil Wears Prada, Bring me the horizon, I Set my Friends on fire, A Day to Remember, As I lay dying.
Screamo and Metal own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsE1llPoZ6Y

"Hell, these are Marines. Men like them held Guadalcanal and took Iwo Jima. Bagdad ain't shit."
-Marine Major General John F. Kelly
Drop_Deadx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:55 PM   #16
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreCook View Post
I like Sodom

Sodomy?....oh wait I miss read that.

First of all once you get older ppl will still look at you funny, you just wont care. I still listen to early 80's and 96' punk rock mixed in with some west/east coast Rap and topping it off with a little techno thrown in. Get shit for it all the time, its not very LA (being that I live here) but end of day I dont care, turn it up, and give them the metal sign.

Point being is dont let some tool tell you what you should listen to......oh and your music taste sucks

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
CodeRedFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:01 PM   #17
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]dunehunter View Post
Hardstyle is ok, but techno hardcore is not my thing
YouTube Video

Not even Dutch people understand this.
bosco_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:29 PM   #18
lonelyjew

I don't know you so I can't say you have crappy taste in music but, in all honestly, a general rule of thumb is that people who love that kind of music just don't have a great appreciation for music. I loved crap manufactured pop until I started to listen to decent music. There really wasn't any going back. Get a little exposure to some really tallented musicians and maybe you'll change your opinions as well. Off course, maybe you already have a real appreciation for music and that's just what you happen to like. In any case, why do you care what other people think? If you met you and you gave me your opinion in music I might actually sigh and shake my head but who am I to you that you care of my opinions(wow that sentence sucked)? If it's any concelation most high schoolers have a crappy opinion in most things .

Thanks luizinhuu for the find

People are hopelessly ignorant of their own ignorance.
-Me
lonelyjew is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:44 PM   #19
[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto

Just love AFI and you wont have anything to worry about...

I went through a short, VERY short, Emo/screamo period in high school, but got into AFI and then lost interest in most everything else. never looked back. Dabbled in 30 seconds to mars, and only recently got into Rise Against. Still listen to AFI all the time.

Just love what you love and ignore the ones who are dicks.

Theres that famous quote, "The ones who matter don't care and the ones who care don't matter"

"[An intelligence officer is] an instrument of his country, an observer and reporter of information."

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:53 PM   #20
=Toasted=

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto View Post
Rise Against
+1

Good band

Bob_Marley - "This is an outrage! If we're going to spend money on black projects they should be much more amusing and/or explosive than this."

PR In-Game Alias: =Epic-Toast=
=Toasted= is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
music, paying, people