project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
23 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 06:09 AM   #31
lucidrians

Default Re: Sony PS3 price cut/ PS3 slim

Sony here, it's going to cost 299 euro's too, fuck Europe.
lucidrians is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:17 PM   #32
LithiumFox

Send a message via AIM to LithiumFox Send a message via MSN to LithiumFox Send a message via Yahoo to LithiumFox Send a message via Skype™ to LithiumFox

well.. it's still better than what it was right?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LithiumFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:17 PM   #33
Pantera

Nah, i dont think this will drive sales of the ps3 up. They need to do something new...something fresh...something thats just so amazing it makes the xbox 360 look like a skinny french model with gigantic knees.

But thats not going to happen , PS3 is pricey tho...even with the price cut its expensive.

oh btw lithium, the new MGS: Rising, will be for the 360 also, so its no longer "exclusive" to the ps3 man are they gonna make LOAAAAAAAAADS of money!

Pantera is online now Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:26 PM   #34
Technoelite

it not really an mgs no snake the next instalment in the mgs francise in on psp that was offical from hidieo kajamas mouth

Technoelite is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:32 PM   #35
Polka

Slim and the new price looks good. Will buy it without doubt.

When Gran Turismo 5 is released.

Polka is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:42 PM   #36
dragunover

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]creepin View Post
the price is good, even better that they lowered power consumption.

the fatty ps3 uses as much power in standby as a refrigerator.

some honest advise: get a xBox 360, got way better games and a bigger community. also gets netflix streaming and games on demand soon.

the only thing that sucks bout it is the high failure rate, but hey, if it fails send it to M$ and they fix it for free..

just my 2c.

PS: I had a 360 and was very satisfied with it, maybe a bit on the loud side, but i use headphones anyways
esp. with Natal coming up this is one awesome console.

YouTube Video

PS3 get pwned!
Live a good online service? Seriously? It's worse than 4chan.

I don't know about the PS3 online but for one it's free, I'd never pay for what I've experienced on other's 360s it's awful.

"But thats not going to happen , PS3 is pricey tho...even with the price cut its expensive."
How does that work out? MS' live charges for everything....
I'd prefer to stick to my PC and I plan on building another; no sense buying a console when you get so much free DLC + a keyboard + ingame console commands + a mouse + modding communities
dragunover is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:52 PM   #37
Pantera

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunover View Post
"But thats not going to happen , PS3 is pricey tho...even with the price cut its expensive."
How does that work out? MS' live charges for everything....
Do you own a ps3? do you not know you also have to pay for DLCs and other content???....seriously some people.

1 year subscription of Xbox Live = £39.99 at Game, to me that doesnt sound like £300/£500, game DLCs for the xbox cost around an average 800 points, which equals to £8, where as PS3 downloadables can cost from £10-£15.

Some people are such cheapskates man...seriously, you want to pick PS3 cause its got free subscription....you get what you pay for...and frankly you guys get s*** online, and when i went online on my neighbours ps3, it took forever to find a game, it lagged and host left 4 mins in.

Im not a 360 fanboy. I just think PS3 owners (i own one too - but have never connected it online cause i dont need to, ive got a 360 for that) can be a little bit too ignorant for their own good.

Oh did i mention Games On Demand for the 360? Download full retail 360 games directly to your 360, i was starting to run out of space to store my 360 games.

and FYI MS dont charge for everything

Pantera is online now Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:01 PM   #38
Scot
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Scot

Ps3 is better.. pew pew .. pew pew...

xbox 360 is better .. pew pew... pew pew...

pew pew pew pew. pew.

Scot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:25 PM   #39
LithiumFox

Send a message via AIM to LithiumFox Send a message via MSN to LithiumFox Send a message via Yahoo to LithiumFox Send a message via Skype™ to LithiumFox

Pantera.

> > Just to inform you....

o.O I've never had a problem with online gaming on the PS3.

> > I've actually just today had a game on MGO that made me almost want to play PR, but i couldn't cause i was enjoying the game too much. =D People listened to me. They followed orders....

try doing that on halo >>

Also.. MGS:Rising is going to suck. It's going to be more like an MGS: Ninja Gaiden, not a true MGS game (it's about Raiden instead of Snake)

=/ Also, i do agree the PS3 needs something fresh. Innovative..........

o.o how bout they make it float!!! =D YA!!! =3 with a built in screen! haha.

No... the only major problem the PS3 has is a lack of a central service. Sure we have PSN, but sony doesn't make companies USE psn (MGO an example, they use Konami ID instead of PSN, which is ridiculous)

I'll stick to my PS3 and my PC thank you very much. it's not that i'm ignorant, just that in the amount of time i've own a 360 and the amount of time i've owned a PS3, I got bored of the PS3 less than i did the 360.

I'm not fighting that the PS3 is a better system, I'm fighting that it's just as good as/and more capable than the 360. Just the 360 has a bigger/(i would say dumber, but i DO in fact know smart people on xbox live (OMG!!!)) fanbase.

Enjoy your multi-platform MGS. :P Multi-platform games never bring out the true potential anyways. I'll enjoy my "made for PS3" mgs over a 360 MGS anyday. Hell, i'd rather buy it for PC.

All your "exclusive" games are the same anyways. A few FPS's, a few TPS's, and ... what, 2 RPGS that no one cares about? Enjoy Blue Dragon. Who needs it

Pantera.... let me explain something to you....

PC GAMES OWN ALL

end of subject.

Now can we continue talking about IF people did buy the slim PS3.

Plus i'm sure that if most people were absolutely set on getting the "OMGAMAZING360OWnzPS3FaIlZ" 360 then they would have done so already.

I swear, you people make me have to defend myself like a democrat. Though I'm sure i'm doing a better job.

PS3 = More Capabilities, less people willing to program
360 = mediocre console with high failure rate.... but really big (HUGE) fanbase. Twas a bit rushed out into the world me thinks.

PC = Win. Plain and simple.
Low-End PC = Not as win... but still... it's a PC.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:33 PM   #40
LithiumFox

Also...

> > Apparently Sony just filed a patent for a "Laughter detection system"

o.o like if you get freaked out and scream it'll detect it....

seriously... I'm kinda getting tired of it... from ALL consoles.

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/08/14...king-software/

THAT is the FUNNIEST patent drawing i've ever seen XD

Tags
cut or, price, ps3, slim, sony