project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
21 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 11:02 AM   #41
[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto
Default re: Becoming/Life as a Marine Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson29 View Post
im in the army...and i dont blame u for wanting to be a marine.....berets suck.
no beret for you, thats awesome

Content Removed.
I'll sleep on that, and try to find the positive/non-warnable parts... Heheh :P

Cheers
<3
Okita~

"[An intelligence officer is] an instrument of his country, an observer and reporter of information."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by A.J.Sawyer; 06-24-2009 at 01:43 PM..
Old 06-24-2009, 11:18 AM   #42
Nemus

And about how you can earn respect...
In officers school we had a moto. I finded out that is the best way to earn respect and lead men.
It was the basic rule in "Ila" (The spartan platoon of kids in training)

"By learning to obey, you will know how to command"
Nemus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:01 PM   #43
Anderson29
Supporting Member

i was being sarcastic about the bullet sponge thing....notice the wink....does no one understand military humor....that term has been used in movies.....whatever.....

anyways....i was referring to marines being bullet sponges...not real funny if i have to explain it.....best of luck to u dude....

so 4 points for a joke....is that good.....i dont know if is a 4 out of 5 or 4 out of 10.......

ah....forgot i also made a joke about the navy and its somewhat questionable sexuality....funny how i thought the bullet sponge joke would be worse...lol
Last edited by Anderson29; 06-24-2009 at 03:16 PM..
Old 06-24-2009, 06:09 PM   #44
THE.FIST
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to THE.FIST

My advice: don't go army or navy better to be a civ and have sexy wife
THE.FIST is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:04 PM   #45
Zimmer
Supporting Member

From what I have gathered its still pretty low risk of actually getting killed as a soldier down in Iraq and Afghanistan how many has been down there vs who has been killed etc. But its the post traumatic stress that you can get after because of the long serving time how long is it 6 or 12months? And many soldiers is mentally scarred for life. Some of you may say its total bullshit as a marine said in a documentary in the marines these sorts of mental illnesses is looked upon as weaknesses. But it can happen to anyone, its a big choice to join the military and as long as you have a choice it should be thougth clear through.

People don't realize that autism doesn't mean they're "stupid". Just socially inept. Like rhino... > > or in a worst case scenario... Wicca. =)- Lithium fox

I found this sentence quite funny and since this is a war game forum I will put it here. No offense to the french just a good laugh.
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."
Zimmer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:50 PM   #46
JKRMAUI

So you've made your choice than? Marines are a good choice. Good training, good uniforms, and a lot of pride.

One of my older friends joined the Corps a few years back. He was a very chill kid. He was always very fit, but never a jock. He was a nice guy. A few years back he got into a fight with a bunch of kids from a local gang. They were harassing a girl he knew and he stepped in. Six of them beat him to the ground, one of them was using a baseball bat. After wards they smashed every window in his truck.

Three months later he joined the Marines. I ran into him about two months ago. He is a combat vet. He is also probably the most sketchy person I know. He seems to be a completely different person. His parents blame the Marines. I say those kids at the beach set something off in him. Maybe it's just a combat thing. I have met a few soldiers and marines who have been through Iraq and Astan. Daniel is a little different. He's scary, like he gives off a weird vibe *I can't really explain, but just the way he is causes me to be nervous around him*.

I think he joined the Marines to vent his anger, and get out of this place. After talking to him on the subject, I feel it's a safe bet to say he likes his job. He gets off on it. He's not the kind of marine you see on videos, howling like an animal at the enemy, or saying "OH YOUR F***ing GONE!" when he caps an insurgent. When I asked his friend about him he said "Daniels that guy, he doesn't say much when the shits hitting the fan. He does his job. He doesn't mess around, but you can't help but notice the smile on his face after the shooting stops."

He went from one of the most talkative laid back guy I have ever known. Into this dude who is just sketchy as hell.

Again, I don't think combat did it to him. I don't think the Marines made him into a killing machine. I think he did it to him self. He tried to find a way to vent some seriously pent up aggression, and he found a way to vent it. The thing is he lost a little bit of his humanity.

Now some of you may ask "if he's so damn sketchy why hasn't he been flagged for physiological illness" or some funk. The answer, I have no clue. He's up for promotion though.

Some people should not play with war, they may like it to much. Daniel is a great example. He found his life's passion. I personally think the price was a little high.
JKRMAUI is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:38 PM   #47
[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude
Forum Moderator

But they will take your wonderful blonde locks from your head! You cant!

...mongol...

Military Lawyers engaged in fierce action

[R-MOD]Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:48 PM   #48
ZZEZ
Retired PR Developer

Okita..being in an army is nothing like what you imagine it will be[firefights, cool bondship and happy times]...you like getting up at 5:30am..everyday?cleaning toilets from diarrhea?dealing with people that can't tie their shoelace properly?..lack of sleep...

you really should rethink what your getting yourself in to, the Marines that train[more like foreign exchange plan..] in Israel all told me they are bummed that they signed for 5 years.

ZZEZ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:17 PM   #49
Ironcomatose

INFANTRY!!!! SEMPER YUUUUUUT!

Been a long time guys, since i droped my laptop off the top rack in my room. FAIL

Anyway, good on you for wanting to join the Marines. I have enjoyed my time so far but believe me when i say there were many times i wanted to pull my hair out my head. We actually just came back from a field op where we didnt fire a round not once. Every other company took contact from OPFOR except mine. On top of that comm was down for a large portion of the time we were out there so we couldnt send out no patrols and we ended up spended the whole week in the defense digging in and going over IA drills. LAME AS HELL!! There is a million things i hate and love about the corps and someone else might have completely different feelings, i could go on and on. One thing i can say for sure is that its tough and you can already expect there to be plenty of times where your just hating life. If there is anything else you would want to know about in detail especially about the infantry just let me know. I cant promise that i will get back to you in a timely maner.

In the end though the decision is yours and only you can make it.

[R-DEV]DuneHunter - No offense to any female gamers, but never, ever underestimate the amount of havoc a woman can unleash upon innocent unsuspecting electronics.
Ironcomatose is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:20 PM   #50
[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]ZZEZ View Post
Okita..being in an army is nothing like what you imagine it will be[firefights, cool bondship and happy times]...you like getting up at 5:30am..everyday?cleaning toilets from diarrhea?dealing with people that can't tie their shoelace properly?..lack of sleep...

you really should rethink what your getting yourself in to, the Marines that train[more like foreign exchange plan..] in Israel all told me they are bummed that they signed for 5 years.
I never, ever, said thats how I imagined it

If I was looking to just shoot people, get good squads, and such, Id stick with PR :P

"[An intelligence officer is] an instrument of his country, an observer and reporter of information."

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
becoming or life, marine, marines, officer