project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
29 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 09:52 AM   #121
[R-MOD]Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to [R-MOD]Dunehunter
Default Re: EVE Online

Dfox, the goons should come help you in bigger numbers after Dominion. It'll be way harder for you guys to "accidentally" DD us now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-MOD]Dunehunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:51 AM   #122
Cheditor

So if i download the trial do i get the full game and just upgrade my account or?

Cheditor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:34 PM   #123
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Quote:
So if i download the trial do i get the full game and just upgrade my account or?
Yeah, the trial is the full version for a limited time. Then you gotta pump the $$$

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:12 PM   #124
SiN|ScarFace

This freakin game. Sounds like it could be good fun, but seems like it takes forever to progress? Is it fun just starting out?
SiN|ScarFace is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:57 PM   #125
M4nicMin3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiN|ScarFace View Post
This freakin game. Sounds like it could be good fun, but seems like it takes forever to progress? Is it fun just starting out?
Yeh depends what you choose to do. There's so many things eve has to offer, i suppose its what your into.

PVP with lower end skills ( ship v ship ) can be defeat after defeat and sometimes no fun at all. Again depends on how you look at it and how you learn from the experience. What ever way you look at it its a long term game, can be played casually or totally obsessively.

Be warned... its a very steep learning curve and can be an extremely harsh game if you decide to throw yourself in, this puts most people off. Stick with it and you'll find a vocation you'll enjoy somewhere along the line.

Wether it be ship vs ship or competing on the market to undercut your opponents, there's exploration where you can get lost for days on end or there's a "safe" area where you can go about any business you like away from relative harm. It truely is a massive sandbox with lots to do..... If you get bored in eve...., then your doing it wrong lol.

Be prepared though, this game can frustrate you to a point of blind anger if you let it. There are people who play eve that do nothing but "puppy punching" picking on new players, there are also players that are good to help you out. Its a lonely universe if you dont have friends to play with, trust no-one and remember mmorpg= multiple men online role playing girls

That said when your a newbie things seem so vast and complicated but its a refreshing change to 95% of the crapola thats churned out nowadays in the gaming industry. Somehow i always seem to go back to playing eve no matter how much it pisses me off sometimes. 2 years on and im still finding new things to do, new skills, new FREE expansions with more content.... worth every penny.... oh wait... i play for free coz i can afford game time extensions paid for with in game money .

The new player experience is a little less harsh than it used to be. You can be guided down a career path whatever you choose to be trader/miner/pvp/missioner etc etc etc so it seems its easier to get along when you first start eve nowadays.

Ingame name frazzb0b : All round good guy and minge-itsu master.

Quote from ArmA forums says it all.
"Arma 2 has a very lucky dev team, who have a very patient community, who will always stay loyal in the faith that one day arma 2 will be complete.
Flashpoint has a weeks worth of out the box gameplay, after that it's boring. "
Last edited by M4nicMin3r; 12-01-2009 at 03:21 PM..
Old 12-01-2009, 04:01 PM   #126
SiN|ScarFace

Just as an example, it is possible to say be like han solo and just fly around in your uber fast ship and outrun most people and smuggle/trade stuff?
SiN|ScarFace is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:32 PM   #127
M4nicMin3r

Quote:
Just as an example, it is possible to say be like han solo and just fly around in your uber fast ship and outrun most people and smuggle/trade stuff?
Absolutely infact....., what your saying sounds like buy in empire (safeish space) and blockade run it to no-mans land ( 0.0 security ) and Sell them in different systems for a huge profit. Massive profits to be made over time or short term... however massive risk involved too Theres always the chance youll run into a system gate camp and loose everything to a blob of ships camping the gate.

Ingame name frazzb0b : All round good guy and minge-itsu master.

Quote from ArmA forums says it all.
"Arma 2 has a very lucky dev team, who have a very patient community, who will always stay loyal in the faith that one day arma 2 will be complete.
Flashpoint has a weeks worth of out the box gameplay, after that it's boring. "
M4nicMin3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:36 PM   #128
Nick The Bubble

Dominion looks good so far, the fleet finder being the highlight.
Nick The Bubble is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:02 PM   #129
space
Banned

Quote:
PM me your e-mail and Ill send you a 3 week trail - Ill give you a bit of ISK too if you message me in game "spacemanc"

tbh its not much fun when you start out. You have no skills trained and no cash (ISK). Join a corp (Eves versions of clans) and it will vastly increase your enjoyment of the game, and will also help you learn. Hes a list of help guides:

[aaeo].net | www.allabouteveonline.net

You can see by the length of that list that there's a lot to learn!

Quote:
Thats what I do. I buy cheap in dangerous systems, and then sell the stuff on at sometimes x100 the price in safer systems. I've made 2 billion ISK in the 6 months I've been playing Now my skills are trained to a reasonable level, Im starting to look into factional warfare.
Last edited by space; 12-01-2009 at 07:07 PM..
Old 12-01-2009, 08:13 PM   #130
Desertfox

side note for everyone patching, previous versions would wipe your overview settings clean (and other things I believe) if you hit "Would you like to launch EVE now?" from the installer. So make sure you click no then load the game from desktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Dunehunter View Post
Dfox, the goons should come help you in bigger numbers after Dominion. It'll be way harder for you guys to "accidentally" DD us now.
It's ok, now that its a single shot capital killer instead of killing some BS we can kill your capitals ^_^ OOPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4nicMin3r View Post
Heh well good luck with that. Our corp has been in ZZ a few times but it ended badly, silly experiences with bad FC's and stupid alliance politics killing the whole experience etc etc etc all the bad things that happen with a poorly organized set up.

We do however still follow quite closely whats going on with sov in ZZ and what alliance is doing to another alliance etc. Its something to distract us while we carebear in empire rebuilding, ready for our next excursion into blobdom. We recently had an invite to join WI but meh, geminate is not good quality ZZ. We as a corp have yet to find a decent ZZ alliance that's not fraught with stupid politics. We, like everyone else, just wanna earn some serious ISK and kill some shizz in good company ... although its never as simple as that
Yeah the alliance im in used to send 50 man fleets to providence all the time, you were guarenteed a fight. Then they slowly started learning and not forming up, then AAA started farming them as well and then it just got boring

As for starting out in eve, early game is of course not as much fun as late game. I joined a corp and started out as a miner where I would make decent isk with the corp. They moved out to 0.0 and I of course followed them, from there I still did alot of carebearing in 0.0 but I slowly built up isk and pvp knowledge (I lost ALOT of cruisers learning PVP). I remember my first caracal loss I was so excited from the PVP that I ended up forgetting to turn my shield booster on. But yeah, if you join a good corp (I can recommend one if your interested) then you will have a fun time in EVE.

Desertfox is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
eve, game, online