project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
24 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 06:54 PM   #101
Element66

Default Re: EVE Online

the cold war, IN SPACE.... what system was that in anyway? B3r-l1n?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Element66 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:58 PM   #102
Desertfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element66 View Post
the cold war, IN SPACE.... what system was that in anyway? B3r-l1n?
Somewhere up north in branch, it wasn't a real fight though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Desertfox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 06:11 PM   #103
space
Banned

I'm looking forward to the DOMINION patch, but I'm a bit disappointed that "Walking In Stations" still hasn't been released - it was announced in 2006 or something like that!

Eve is pretty much the only game I play now, and once you get over the VERY steep learning curve, its a very addictive game. There's so much depth to the game its unbelievable, and it seems like almost every day I find out about a whole new aspect to the game. I've still got several 3 week free trials available (instead of the standard 2 weeks) so if you want one then send me your e-mail in a PM

Also heres a few things that SERIOUSLY help with the game, and I wish Id found them earlier :

Downloads:

http://www.evehq.net/ - this allows you to plan you skills and many other things

Download EFT v2.9.1 EVE Fitting Tool - this allows you to plan fits for your ships ( Personally I prefer the one on evehq, as it allows you to base your fit on your skills, and you can then export it to EFT)

EVE-Central: EVE-Online Market Aggregator and Trade Finder - Check the market to find bargains, and prevent being ripped off!

» Eve in 2d… - Eve region map in 2d - much easier to use than ingame map, and is very handy when used with eve-agents, to find safe missions.

Help Sites:

EVE Agents - EVE-Online Agent finder - find agents that you can use

Missions guide - EVElopedia - The EVE Online Wiki - Mission help guide

EVE-Survival: Mission Reports - Mission reports, so you know what to expect

Ivy League Homepage - Quite a bit of handy info here

EVE Online Faction Standing Guide: Increase faction standing in EVE Online - Handy info on standings on this site
space is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 03:59 PM   #104
mr.cuddelywuddely

after playing 2 trial accounts i decided to buy the game.

after 3 days of playing i was welcomed in a started corp. and i have to say that the game is really fun and addictive. joining the corp makes the learning curves less steap.

i now just bought my retriever mining barge, still have to train 3 days before i can use it tho .

All in all its a very good game wich is quite relaxing. on the other hand its also more stressing since the Consequences of bad actions are quite severe....
mr.cuddelywuddely is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:44 AM   #105
Supporting Member

After trying out the 21-day trial space gave me, I bought the game.

Yes, the learning curve is steep but the amount of depth, complexity, sophistication, and customization that this game offers is unbelievable. When you look at the map, you will be astonished by the amount of star systems that there are that you could travel to. There are countless amounts of ways you could play this game (ie: pirating, marketing, salvaging, hacking, mining, etc.).

The player vs NPC aspect of this game is.... somewhat flawed, but PvP is what you should be buying this game for. Joining a player-run corporation is the best way to enjoy this game to the fullest. I myself joined a PvP corp called the Blue Republic that is constantly at war with another corp called the Red Federation. There is a lot of mic and VOIP usage during fleet battles which requires an immense amount of teamwork and leadership abilities.

As someone had said before, the consequences of bad actions are indeed severe. Since I joined a PvP corp, I have lost about 3-5 ships in combat, 2 of which I sunk more than three quarters of my money into rigging and fitting. There are other corps that specialize in different fields such as mining or manufacturing so the possibilities are endless.

One thing that separates this game from other RPG games is the skill training aspect. Instead of constantly grinding to get ahead, in EVE, skill training is done passively. Its hard to explain but this is good news for casual gamers and it rids of the horrible spell of grinding commonly seen in MMORPG.

Overall, this is an excellent RPG game and I would definitely recommend trying it. If anyone needs 21-day trials, feel free to contact me too. With the free DOMINION expansion coming out, this game can only get better.
503 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:37 AM   #106
Desertfox

If your looking at starting to play EVE, steam has a sale on for 4.99. I believe you get 1 month?

Desertfox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:06 AM   #107
space
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Desertfox View Post
If your looking at starting to play EVE, steam has a sale on for 4.99. I believe you get 1 month?
Surely a free 21 day trial is better than 4.99 for the month? Maybe with the steam offer, you get the standings boost that you get with the boxed version? If it does then its probably worth it - if not then the trial is probably the best bet, because Eve isn't for a lot of people.

Anyway heres another long list of eve-guides:

[aaeo].net | www.allabouteveonline.net

I seem to spend more time reading guides than actually playing the game
space is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:13 PM   #108
HunterMed

Quote:
I seem to spend more time reading guides than actually playing the game
yea that is what kicked me out... I played the 3week trial and found it cool but it is just too much work to get a decent game going.
and I just didnt want to do work to play a game

HunterMed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:37 PM   #109
[R-MOD]Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to [R-MOD]Dunehunter

Well, yeah, it basically comes down to picking something you want to do, then getting good at it. There are just so many options open to you, that there's no way to do all of them. By the way, if you fancy coming down to 0 and have a decent amount of SP/have done some pvp, me and miller are in a corporation that's part of Goonswarm, and we are friendly with the corporation that Dfox is in.

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
[R-MOD]Dunehunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:31 PM   #110
cyberzomby

Everytime I read storys about this game, the one wich 503 posted for example, I cant help myself but think: Oh my! How cool would it be! I even played this game for a 2 week trial and Loved it as well. But now, I dont think I have the time. I love how they brought such deepness and movie like space world in to the game. Its excellent, with the corporations, and the history the corporations have and all. Respect for that
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
eve, game, online