project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
18 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2009, 05:10 PM   #1
[EC]DR.NOobFragger

Default Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad (PC Game)

Its TWI's new game.

Red Orchestra 2 in PC Gamer UK - Tripwire Interactive Forums

From TWI

Ok, here is the official statement on the game for now. Yes there is an article about our new UE3 game Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad in the UK and US PC Gamer magazines. Frankly, we're more than a bit surprised at the timing of the release of the article. To put it quite bluntly we thought this would hit after the release of Killing Floor. As such we'll be doing a bit of a scramble to get our PR efforts in order while we are in the middle of getting another game ready to ship.

I know many of you have been waiting a very long time for this news, and I am very happy that we can finally confirm what we've been working on these past three years. RO:HOS (as we call it) is real, its using UE3, and its awesome Just bear with us while we recover from this unexpected announcement and in the immortal words of Battlestar Galactica - all will be revealed.

For now, we're not going to say anything else about the game. We'll let the article speak for itself. As Alan mentioned please don't post scans of the article on this forum. Additionally, please don't post quotes of text from the article on these forums. Our proper PR effort will begin in earnest soon, so you'll get more from us on that in the coming days.

I hope some of you are as happy as I am. I love RO and the UE3 they are using can only make it better, although I wish they would of left the Eastern front or maybe had the Eastern and Western front.

New interview with tripwire:
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/feature...lks-Stalingrad

Last edited by [EC]DR.NOobFragger; 03-16-2010 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: Added Scans
Old 05-02-2009, 07:09 PM   #2
=Romagnolo=

Send a message via MSN to =Romagnolo=
Default Re: Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

What, a new RO game ? And using the UT3 engine ?

ooooooh, I came

and don't worry about the Western front (wich I like too), there will always be some nuts arround to make mods :P

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto:"Cheers, you're the man, Okita"
[R-DEV]Rhino:"I in fact got kicked from a server for tking."
Hitperson:"well done, treasure it forever."
[R-DEV]Adriaan:"Damned classy Roma, if I may say so."
[R-DEV]Chuc:"Pro man, pro."
(yes, it was about me)
[R-MOD]BloodBane611:"Romagnolo, you definitely deserve a LOL award for that."
=Romagnolo= is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:46 PM   #3
Madeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Romagnolo= View Post
What, a new RO game ? And using the UT3 engine ?

ooooooh, I came

and don't worry about the Western front (wich I like too), there will always be some nuts
arround to make mods :P
Due for release in the next few weeks

Darkest Hour: Normandy 1944
Madeyes is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:56 PM   #4
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

This is awesome! RO is simply one of the best mixes of realism and fun, and a great modding community.
Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:10 PM   #5
torenico

Send a message via MSN to torenico

Let me see, Steam only? yes, ok then, ill pass.

http://s905.photobucket.com/user/raziel1082/media/mareth.jpg.html[/IMG]
torenico is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:13 PM   #6
G.Drew

Send a message via MSN to G.Drew

Hmm, very interesting indeed.

[R-COM]BloodBane611: I do like the old school rape...However, it's a bit awkward to be a white boy blasting the old school in public....
G.Drew is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:37 PM   #7
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by torenico View Post
Fairly sure the first one was too.
Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:42 PM   #8
Desertfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by torenico View Post
Out of curiosity what about steam don't you like? While I hate not having a physical copy I also like not having to have a physical copy that has to be in my computer etc. Its a double edged sword for me.

Desertfox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:57 PM   #9
Demonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Desertfox View Post
Out of curiosity what about steam don't you like? While I hate not having a physical copy I also like not having to have a physical copy that has to be in my computer etc. Its a double edged sword for me.
Not all games that require steam doesn't require a physical copy. Empire: Total War has a physical copy but required steam for Multi-player. It was horrible IMO, I would rather the M2 system of multi-player without these other programs running taking up space.

Steam is always a bad sign for me when I am looking at games. I try to avoide anything that requires additional programs to run it. Games are just getting really ridiculous lately. I miss the days when you just bought a game, put in the CD and installed and play. No installing additional programs and setting up accounts for them and waiting a long time to update these programs.

Everything was soo much easier.

Demonic is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:10 PM   #10
torenico

Send a message via MSN to torenico

Yeah that.

Steam can be good sometimes.. but what i hate is, most of the best games are Steam fuc*ing only. HL2, CSS, RO and L4D are one of the best games/engines i ever saw.. well theres only 2 different engines but.

Steam makes people angry, i wont use my only Credit Card or Visa or whatever for a game i will play 1 week, i would spend my Credit card in a game like Gmod... but that makes me Angry. I would save alot of money if the bastards at Gmod would make it a Free DL Game.. DOODE!. Its like if EA buys Sanbox mod for BF2.. and every time u want that mod, you gotta pay 10 bucks.

I bless EA for making the BF series Store-Steam.. and not a stupid way like Steam Only. Every god damn time i have to reinstall GTA IV (If i had it in steam) because something was messed up, i gotta Download 14gb AGAIN!

I would burn Steam if i have a chance.. i really hate it.

In a little words.. EA > Steam... and b careful! EA pwns anything, it sucks, like steam.

Of course this my opinion, im not saying "Hey you! dont use Steam anymore ok?!".. use it if u want.. i only have it for the Community groups and friends.

Torenico out.

http://s905.photobucket.com/user/raziel1082/media/mareth.jpg.html[/IMG]
torenico is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
beta, game, heroes, live, night, orchestra, red, stalingrad