project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
01 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2011, 05:15 AM   #441
Sundance Kid

Default Re: Guitar Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaiex View Post
This is sort of what I imagine heaven must be like.

Just Vintages and Hamers, if im not completely mistaken?

Ohkay.

e: And to masterceo, go to a music store and try out some Gibsons and maybe PRS, but too try other guitars as well, its all about finding a guitar that suits you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

U.S bace in mad of 5 enterdil bildings with lap tops and rados in them
Last edited by Sundance Kid; 09-06-2011 at 05:28 AM..
Old 09-06-2011, 10:41 AM   #442
masterceo

I did try a lot of guitars at my local shop, ranging from Jacksons through Telecasters, various Ibanez models and Les Pauls.

I must admit, Gibson guitars felt the best, with Fenders falling just a tiny bit short, but then again the models that were perfect for me were way out of my price range (1,5k-2k euros). I played the EC1000 and it sounded like a good all around guitar, but it wasn't perfect, and it was also plugged in to a very, very solid Marshall amp. I guess I will be exploring more Gibson guitars, trying to find a cheaper alternative.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Priby:Why cant i be norwegian?
H.sta:becouse we are a specially selected bunch of people created by god to show how awsome mankind can be
masterceo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:43 AM   #443
Sundance Kid

i've played one EC-1000 and its a good guitar, but yet again it has EMG pickups that are really hot pretty much for metal purposes only.

I myself got a ESP Eclipse, almost the same guitar but with better hardware and its a stunning guitar for heavy stuff but is able to create bluesy and clean tones as well when keeping the tone knob really low. Still it doesn't match the Gibson guitars when it comes to anything but high gain stuff...

If you are not willing to pay the $ for a real Gibson (which is still a good deal), maybe you should try out some Epiphones, so much cheaper than Gibsons but still have the same feel to it some say.

U.S bace in mad of 5 enterdil bildings with lap tops and rados in them
Sundance Kid is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:38 PM   #444
Geordie-72
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

My favorite guitar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wEVRd5ppJA

Speaking of axes and such, this guy can play!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBgNuP86BNk

Sent from Bletchley Park using Enigma

__________________________________________________ ________________

Geordie-72 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:00 PM   #445
hiberNative

seriously, guys. buy second hand guitars. they're cheaper and have been worn in.
i think the cheapest gibson les paul model is the les paul vintage mahogny. no finish, but it has even been released with p90s! so awesome

but yeah, second hand, second hand, second hand!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie-72 View Post
Speaking of axes and such, this guy can play!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBgNuP86BNk

another good guitar player, this guy (marc ribot) has an awesome approach to guitar playing

-
Last edited by hiberNative; 09-06-2011 at 02:10 PM..
Old 09-06-2011, 05:20 PM   #446
Qaiex

The only way I would ever buy a brand new guitar is if it was a custom job.
I always say that if I ever get the money I'll buy a custom les paul with an ash tree body and a long neck with either an ebony or a rosewood fretboard, depending on the colour I want for the body.
And a hard-tail that I can tune from the bridge, because it's better that way.

You can always dream, I guess.

Qaiex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:13 PM   #447
hiberNative

anyone know a program that can remove the guitar from a song? like those programs that remove vocals from a song. i wanna remove the guitar from this song:

guess there could exist a program that removed post of the guitar since it's in a higher pitch? doesn't need to be perfect since i'll be playing over it.

-
hiberNative is online now Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:55 PM   #448
Pantera

Ill give it a shot for ya

Pantera is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:24 AM   #449
Pantera

Epic revive deserves this video:

I thought that was awesome!

Pantera is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:44 AM   #450
hiberNative

tried a cello bow on a guitar today. very cool but hard as shit to play consistently.

-
hiberNative is online now Reply With Quote

Tags
12string, acoutic, badass, bass, beethoven, guitar, leves, loves, thread