project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
25 Feb 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 12:08 PM   #411
Sundance Kid

Default Re: Guitar Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiberNative View Post
especially with a p90 @ the neck.
Thats your inner gibson player talking again . But really the MIM teles tend to sound nicer than the MIM strats. The strats sound more quacky.

I myself own a 2009 MIM strat with a maple neck and medium frets, which took alot of time to get used to. But overall im quite happy for buying it, cost about 450? i think. Thinking about changing the pickups when i feel like it.

U.S bace in mad of 5 enterdil bildings with lap tops and rados in them
Sundance Kid is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:53 PM   #412
hiberNative

king buzzo making sense.

good riff > good solo
any day

-
hiberNative is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:43 PM   #413
burghUK

That guys guitar is awful.

Lately ive been considering trying to learn proper guitar theory. i can play most things with the tab and slowly learn by ear but to be honest ive been playing guitar for 5 years and i can't quickly recall all the notes on a guitar , don't know anything about keys and the chords that wrk in a certain key and i don't really know many scales. It seems a bit late or it will be very difficult to learn theory and im not sure if it will be worth it for just a hobby guitarist.

Anybody play the same way? no knowledge of theory but still very able in playing guitar.
burghUK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:48 PM   #414
hiberNative

studying serious guitar theory for me would be working in a pizzeria just because i like pizza.

-
Old 08-31-2011, 03:44 PM   #415
Qaiex

Unless you want to seriously try to make a living as a musician I'd say studying music theory is pretty pointless.
You don't need it to play, as much as you need it to compose. When you're writing your own music knowing the different harmonies and relations between chords and scales is extremely useful.

Qaiex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:01 PM   #416
hiberNative

Orange Dark Terror

i came.
if you win it, post pictures.

-
Old 09-01-2011, 07:43 PM   #417
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Entered, if I win it..I'll probably sell it

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Jaymz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:34 AM   #418
Hitperson
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by burghUK View Post
That guys guitar is awful.

Lately ive been considering trying to learn proper guitar theory. i can play most things with the tab and slowly learn by ear but to be honest ive been playing guitar for 5 years and i can't quickly recall all the notes on a guitar , don't know anything about keys and the chords that wrk in a certain key and i don't really know many scales. It seems a bit late or it will be very difficult to learn theory and im not sure if it will be worth it for just a hobby guitarist.

Anybody play the same way? no knowledge of theory but still very able in playing guitar.
been playing since 99' and i play everything by ear, to the point where i can just cut into a song i have never heard before a play along (so long as it actually has a steady rhythm if not then i have to find a tab)

Harrod200:"Fire.exe has committed an illegal operation and has been shut down"
Raniak : "Warning: May crash if fired upon."
M4sherman: "like peter pan but with tanks"
[R-MOD]Eddiereyes909 (on sim tower) "It truly was the game of my childhood and has led to me getting my degree in industrial engineering."
Hitperson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:42 AM   #419
Mr Smiles

Haha musical theory is one the most important parts of making music in any form. If its teached and received properly you will get to the point you can predict the next notes because you know the key its in and the first few chords being used.
Saying it isnt important speaks for your ignorance and level of musician you really are.
You dont need the exact theory, some people "feel" it by heart, they uncusioucly play/create the standards and age old theories created by very smart people.
Its fun to play the basic 3 blues chords, but knowing about extensions is awsome.

Mr Smiles is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:30 AM   #420
Twisted Helix
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaiex View Post
Unless you want to seriously try to make a living as a musician I'd say studying music theory is pretty pointless.
Thats kinda like saying "unless you want to be a professional racing car driver, taking driving lessons is pointless".

Music theory can only benefit you, no matter what your level of ability or arena of performance.

Unless of course just playing the same 3 chords over and over again is satisfying for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Smiles
Its fun to play the basic 3 blues chords, but knowing about extensions is awsome.
And more importantly, inversions. That is how you can take those 3 chords and create an ever evolving tapestry. Its also how you can develop scales that "go outside" the harmonic structure ... and thats Jazz baby

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
--George Patton--
Twisted Helix is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
12string, acoutic, badass, bass, beethoven, guitar, leves, loves, thread