project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
23 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2008, 01:07 AM   #11
Colonelcool125

Default Re: Turned 21, bought my first Pistol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfidude View Post
I swear i read someplace that no branch uses hollow points aside from Crew members of the airforce.
Wikipedia?
Quote:
The Hague Convention of 1899, Declaration III, prohibits the use in warfare of bullets that easily expand or flatten in the body.[4] This is often incorrectly believed to be prohibited in the Geneva Conventions, but it significantly predates those conventions, and is in fact a continuance of the St. Petersburg Declaration of 1868, which banned exploding projectiles of less than 400 grams, and weapons designed to aggravate injured soldiers or make their death inevitable. NATO members do not use small arms ammunition which is prohibited by the Hague Convention. There is an exception to this rule however; aircrew members are allowed to use hollow-point bullets. This is due to the lower penetration of hollow-point bullets, hopefully preventing them from piercing the aircraft's fuselage.[citation needed]
Despite the ban on military use, hollow-point bullets are one of the most common types of civilian and police ammunition, due largely to the reduced risk of bystanders being hit by over-penetrating or ricocheted bullets, and the increased speed of incapacitation. In many jurisdictions, it is illegal to hunt game with ammunition that does not expand,[5] and some target ranges forbid full metal jacket ammunition.[6]
Colonelcool125 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:13 AM   #12
Caboosehatesbabies

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiberNative View Post
i would prefer a springfield XD sub-compact over a glock. got some more bells and whistles than the glock, but that's a ncie gun.
are you thinking about getting an extended magazine for pinky support?
Yeah, was thinking about it, either the +1's or +2's magazine bases, or I could get a 12, 15, 17, or 33 round magazine to fit in the Glock 26.

Everyone wants to easily kill their opponent but nobody wants to be the one easily killed. That line of thinking escalates weaponry to the point where practically every soldier has a shoulder-mounted nuke launcher that when fired, automatically displays the text "pwnt".- [R-CON]Wolfe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Caboosehatesbabies is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:22 AM   #13
Colonelcool125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboosehatesbabies View Post
Yeah, was thinking about it, either the +1's or +2's magazine bases, or I could get a 12, 15, 17, or 33 round magazine to fit in the Glock 26.
Get one of these bad boys.

Now THAT's pinky support.
Colonelcool125 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:26 AM   #14
WallyJas

Sounds like a pretty rough school you work at if you have to wear a concealed pistol loaded with hollowpoints!
WallyJas is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:57 AM   #15
Polka

Doesnt look like he is compensating for anything, like the usual gun owners LOLOLOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Polka is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:01 AM   #16
Harrod200

I'e never really liked pistols that much; I'm more of a rifle person. Too much kick, too little range and too little accuracy with pistols.

Easier to conceal a pistol though I suppose Glocks always look really boxy to me though. The Walther P99 on the other hand, very pretty pistol (I want one for airsoft ) and also comes in compact flavour.

Have fun and hopefully never have to use it anywhere but the range

The original gun freak gaymer geek

Harrod200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:42 AM   #17
Blackie
Supporting Member

You gotta love America, turned 21 today got myself a gun

Looks like a really nice gun dude enjoy it.

If I decide to move back to South Africa id get me one of these

SIG P228 9mm
SIG SAUER P228

Emnyron;

Sigh...
I personal prefer the far more enjoyable, "Jallah Hu Snackbar, Declicious Akbar Snacks, Its-A-Trap
Blackie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:09 AM   #18
Sundance Kid

Glocks are nice guns,very convenient and if i had the money/will to buy a smallarm gun it would definitely be Glock 17 or p228.

[R-DEV]Hitperson: my body is a temple with the fountains flowing fresh with cider and the holy water being scotch.
U.S bace in mad of 5 enterdil bildings with lap tops and rados in them
Sundance Kid is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:34 AM   #19
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq

God bless America. Least over here, only criminals have guns... generally a good thing as criminals tend to use guns responsibly and largely on each other, thus providing some much-needed thinning of the gene pool

Joking aside, if you can't take it to work with you, why get one? I mean, most of the time once you're working you'll either be at work or on your way to or from work...

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." -

Masaq is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:45 AM   #20
Waaah_Wah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboosehatesbabies View Post
I bought my first pistol on Tuesday. A Glock 26, a sub-compact 9mm pistol. I would like to carry it concealed,
Why the hell would you need to carry it around? How many times have you actually gotten mugged and/or attacked in the streets?

Seriously, why would anyone wanna spend their money on a gun? Apart from using it on a gun range or shooting people at a school ofcource...
Waaah_Wah is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
9mm, bought, firearms, glock 26, guns, pistol, turned