project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
22 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 07:32 PM   #21
hiberNative

Default Re: How to make my little sister curious about life?

go to some local pond near greenery and catch salamander, frogs and insects with a butterfly net. bring a nature book and read with her about all the stuff you find. i know most grown people would enjoy that, too. you never know what you'll find.

and

and who knows, maybe

-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by hiberNative; 11-17-2008 at 07:38 PM..
Old 11-17-2008, 10:45 PM   #22
Atandon

This age is the prime age where the kids are like sponges-they'll soak up everything around them. Get her as far away from violent computer games as possible- if it doesn't work-get her one of those creative computer games e.g. 'Barbie Fashion Show' (my little sister has that-not me-just in case you were wondering :P). As others have suggested, Legos are always great, and develop the brain in more ways than you can imagine.

Other than the above, let her try a new hobby- be it playing a musical instrument, drawing or kicking a ball around with her brother. It's far too early for your sister to be watching people killing other people imo, even if its in a game.

you should know how's she doing in school, and what her teachers say, as their feedback could be important.

..good luck- little sisters can be a handful
Atandon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:52 PM   #23
Tirak

Try and get her into an in depth hobby like Warhammer 40k, it dovetails nicely with her interest of computers. Start out first with Dawn of War then get her some models and paints, some literature. Promotes creativity, reading, writing and... painting...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tirak is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:57 PM   #24
Solid Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirak View Post
Try and get her into an in depth hobby like Warhammer 40k, it dovetails nicely with her interest of computers. Start out first with Dawn of War then get her some models and paints, some literature. Promotes creativity, reading, writing and... painting...
Unfortunately that path leads to social awkwardness.
Solid Knight is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:09 PM   #25
Tirak

For the early years sure, but you'd be surprised how many people get into the hobby once you hit highschool and beyond.

Tirak is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:26 PM   #26
mp5punk
Banned

very interesting lol
mp5punk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:06 AM   #27
Blackie
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Knight View Post
Unfortunately that path leads to social awkwardness.
hehehe

Emnyron;

Sigh...
I personal prefer the far more enjoyable, "Jallah Hu Snackbar, Declicious Akbar Snacks, Its-A-Trap
Blackie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:09 AM   #28
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Nickbond592 View Post
take her round to Finch's house
He doesn't want her to end up in a basement...
bosco_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:06 AM   #29
[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]OkitaMakoto

first Id say..shes 4. You shouldnt get too worried, but at the same time, yeah, take a break from PR when you see he watching you.

Find a good time to quit out[like after a round], stop, look at her and excitedly ask "Hey!! Wanna go play _______!?"

Chances are she will explode and say yes, and then you can go and play a game where yo teach her something other than flanking maneuvers and suppressive fire

But if you keep it up, I wouldnt mind her being my SL when she turns 5 or so. Probably do a lot better than some of us out there :P

"[An intelligence officer is] an instrument of his country, an observer and reporter of information."

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:25 AM   #30
Smegburt_funkledink

Tell her to RTFM (when she can read) and keep her training, as Okita points says, I wouldn't mind her being SL in a few years either.

Seriously tho, things like lego made me the man I am today.

[R-Div]Robbi "There's nothing more skanky than eating out of a tub of hummus with a screwdriver."
[R-DEV]Matrox "CHINAAAAAAA!!!"
Smegburt_funkledink is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
curious, life, make, sister