project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
02 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2006, 02:08 AM   #11
Figisaacnewton

There are two forms of multiculturalism:

E Pluribus Unum - Out of many, one
This is the kind that works.

and

E Pluribus Plures - Out of many, many
This is the kind that leads to racial riots, and the eventual collapse of societies. Look at what used to be yugoslavia, what is happening to France and many other european countries.

A nation cannot exist without a language, borders, and a defined culture. The language is being usurped, and our school systems bankrupted by immigrants who refuse to learn english, are borders may as well be automated they are so porous, and the more people we have who are unwilling to integrate into American society, the more our culture is being destroyed.

This is one issue where I think national identity (read: existence) trumps economy. And I personally think its bullshit that immigrants 'do the jobs Americans won't do.' That's just crap, we wouldn't have any unemployment if this were true, aside of the truly disabled. If Americans did the jobs, they'd make more money doing them, as they wouldn't accept the cheap wages, bah, I could go on and keep throwing out points that Bush's statement is crap.

Even if I was wrong on that, I'd rather have an economic recession now, than a disintegration of the southern states in 20 years.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Figisaacnewton is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 03:19 AM   #12
KingofCamelot
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figisaacnewton
This is one issue where I think national identity (read: existence) trumps economy. And I personally think its bullshit that immigrants 'do the jobs Americans won't do.' That's just crap, we wouldn't have any unemployment if this were true, aside of the truly disabled. If Americans did the jobs, they'd make more money doing them, as they wouldn't accept the cheap wages, bah, I could go on and keep throwing out points that Bush's statement is crap.
Well, that should be changed to immigrants 'do the jobs Americans won't do for low wages'. We really do need the cheap labor that immigrants provide for us. I can drive through the lettuce fields and see nothing but Mexicans, no white people. Why? Because whites just aren't willing to do the same work for the low wages Mexicans are willing to accept. Sure whites would do those jobs for more pay, but more pay creates problems in rising costs, etc. At the moment, its become such an intertwined issue that we really do need the Mexicans to do the cheap labor for us, the same way you can't get small goods made cheaply in the US anymore, they all come from China or Taiwan. The issue is deeply rooted into the economy at this point, and we would really have a problem if all the Mexicans just dissappeared (wasn't there an indie movie made based around that?). The system needs to be reworked so that we can pay field workers decent wages, without hurting the economy.

Ruthless Executioner of 280 SpamBots

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Retired Lead Coder for Project Reality - 0.25 through 0.4
KingofCamelot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:46 AM   #13
RikiRude
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via AIM to RikiRude Send a message via MSN to RikiRude

i didnt read everyones rants, but ive lived in a california for a good amount of my life (santa rosa, its up north) and i can tell you that it really doesnt matter that people "dont want ot do the jobs the mexicans get" its the fact that the mexicans do it FOR THAT AMOUNT OF MONEY. for the most part its the rich wanting to get richer. they want cheap labour, so they get it by bringing the mexicans in. i know many normal americans who would take the jobs, they just arent going to take the jobs for $3 an hour or whatever they pay the mexicans. not only that, look at how bad california elementry schools are. my mom tells me about how she would come into my kindergarten class when i was little, to help out, and half the mexican kids couldnt spell their names some couldnt even hold a PEN properly!!

its issues like this that make people liek us seem like racists to those that dont fully understand the problem which only makes it MORE frustrating! uhg. seriously send them back to their piss hole country until we get OURS fixed. we have enough problems as it is, we dont need more.

this also brings up another double issue. american companies and corporations having plants in poor countries making their products, its good because it provides jobs to countries that wouldnt have them, BUT it also is taking away jobs from americans so the company can save a few bucks (more like millions of dollars) and what does that profit that they make go to? does it get invested back into america? noooooo it buys the CEOs nice cars or shit like that, which in turn just invests money into other big corporations!

the end, i wish.

Proud n00b tub3r of 5 spam bots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]2Slick4U
That's like being the smartest kid with down syndrome.
RikiRude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:45 AM   #14
Army Musician

I agree. People come into europe illeagally and expect our governmetns to pay for it I say shove them back to where they come from. I was watchign crimewatch on TV and the people who they were looking for were foreigners. I am not racist but I feel if people come into our country illegally or not, they should abide by our laws and customs
Army Musician is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:17 AM   #15
AznLB
Banned

Yea, I'm not saying that Mexicans and other immigrants don't help, but I think if they are to come here and suck our rescources they should at least have some sort of respect twards the country that gives them opportunity. I don't really think Mexicans are "taking" a white man's job, since not many white people want to work picking tomatoes or doing constuction for $2.00 on the hour. However, I do think we whould tightten the border restrictions with Mexico and Cuba, and only allow legal immigrants in, but we should leave and let be the illegals that are already here.

And this thing they're saying, what is it? "Illegal Mexicans built this country!". No they didn't, the Blacks did. The blacks were torn from their homes and forced to work here for no pay, yet they still stayed with this country, supported it, and didn't curse it. Granted, the blacks aren't exactly an angel race, no race is, but if you have to credit anybody for pretty damn good dedication to a country that enslaved them...

I live in Miami, where almost 80% of the population is Cuban, so I'm used to seeing what immigrants do to an area.
AznLB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:30 PM   #16
Deuce6

I agree^

If they continue to let in illegal immigrants (not just mexicans), then we're going down the tube. Who's gonna want to hire the us citizien who wants a good salary when you can get an illegal immigrant who will work for less than minimum wage AND pay him under the table so you don't have to pay taxes. It's just plain wrong.
Deuce6 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:25 PM   #17
F.N.G.

Thumbs down

This is already happening in Phoenix. It is hard to find a decent paying job, because they drive the wages down so far. It is hard to make ends meet, because we don't have 10 people living in a 2 bedroom apartment to share rent. Just me and my wife struggling to get the hell out of here.

My wife and I lived in michigan and we moved down here so I could go to school. My wife just got done with school before we left. She was making almost $13 an hour in michigan, doing laundry at an old folks home. Now when we moved here and she has a degree, she had a hard time finding a job that paid over $7 in her field. WTF?!?! She went from $13/hr student, to a $7/hr graduate. Somthing isn't right here. Now that I am almost finished with school, we will be leaving to a place with less of an influence from our south of the border neighbors.

I just can't understand why they leave their country and then want to make the US just like it. And that really pisses me off about those flags. WTF statement do they think they are making? "US bad, mexico good." WELL THEN GO BACK! OK, I'm done.

Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

F.N.G.
Last edited by F.N.G.; 03-30-2006 at 10:05 PM..
Old 03-30-2006, 09:15 PM   #18
AznLB
Banned

Exactly. We've already seen what happens to a country when Mexicans control it, let's not repeat it again, okay? If these Mexicans hate America so much, go back to Mexico.
AznLB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:14 AM   #19
RikiRude
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via AIM to RikiRude Send a message via MSN to RikiRude

I agree with everything stated above, its just plain bullcrap, and the families that are already here, should have to take educational tests and have to get themselves a green card and all that stuff if they want to stay, if not haul their asses back, if they are going to live here they dont deserve a free ride.

$13 an hour student to $7 graduate? thats just plain rediculious!

Proud n00b tub3r of 5 spam bots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]2Slick4U
That's like being the smartest kid with down syndrome.
RikiRude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 05:48 PM   #20
NikovK
Retired PR Developer

I have a solution; INVADE MEXICO! Without Mexico, there will be no immigrants from Mexico! BRILLIANT!

We should have kept that country.

Mapper of Road to Kyongan'Ni and Hills of Hamgyong;
Genius behind many Really Stupid Ideas, and some Decent Ones.

NikovK is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
mexico, states, united