project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
29 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 03:09 AM   #31
Rapier

Rapier's Avatar
Default Re: The chinese have a ninja police force?!

Umm, this is the Chinese SWAT team, you guys.
Rapier is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:07 AM   #32
Matrox
Retired PR Developer

Matrox's Avatar
Default Re: The chinese have a ninja police force?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo_ii View Post
On a serious note, I do believe the Chinese are a bit too rough. Was it really necessary to flip the car-chase guy over and slam him on his back?
NINJA BACKFLIP TAKEDOWN
When you absolutely have to take down every running car thief in the room.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If you can find the four ninjas in my post, pm me to find out the prize....

Soalic: Because Microsoft Word makes really good pictures.
Matrox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:49 AM   #33
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

[R-DEV]Spec's Avatar
Default Re: The chinese have a ninja police force?!

Well, others would have tased him or something, I guess being flipped wasnt the worst thing that could have happened to him.

(Asuming that wasnt staged / training scenario like the second scene.)
[R-DEV]Spec is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:41 PM   #34
scandhi

scandhi's Avatar
Send a message via MSN to scandhi
Default Re: The chinese have a ninja police force?!

That ramp assault was pretty massive. Reminds me of siege towers...

Super mario brothers: Nothing beats reality like killing turtles while high on shrooms and flying with a cape
scandhi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:26 PM   #35
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Masaq's Avatar
Send a message via MSN to Masaq
Default Re: The chinese have a ninja police force?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo_ii View Post
z0mGG f4str00pez!1! C4n 1 haz 1n my PR?1?!?! PLA w00d lik b th3 1337 if u did!11!!1

On a serious note, I do believe the Chinese are a bit too rough. Was it really necessary to flip the car-chase guy over and slam him on his back?

Yes.

It's called pain compliance, and here in the UK the police are pretty big on it. They don't bandy it about much, but it forms the basis of pretty much every physical action needed to restrain someone.

The point is, when you have someone resisting arrest, they're not going to be too bothered about hurting the copper. Putting them out of the fight as quickly as possible is the desired aim, without causing long-term damage or life-threatening injury.

To that end, slinging the guy over the shoulder and throwing him onto the floor is pretty damn effective at accomplishing the two main aims of a restraint:

1) It stops him escaping arrest
2) It stops him hurting a copper or member of the public

It puts him on the ground, fast, probably very winded and disorientated, and the copper has his arm and is able (as he does in the video) to move immediately into position to apply cuffs to rear.

If the guy still had fight in him, the copper can use the arm he's got hold of to apply pressure to keep the suspect pinned to the ground until the other copper moves close enough to assist in the restraint.



Given that we've no way of knowing what the guy's being arrested for, whether or not people have been seriously hurt by his actions - but that at the very least he's pretty damn determined not to get pulled over by two police cars - then to my mind, that's reasonable.


Notice that they didn't have firearms drawn (as they would in the US) or even use ASP extendable batons drawn (as they may well have done in the UK). No weapons used, just a very quick takedown of someone who, potentially, was very dangerous.


At work, I would like to be able to use a manouver that caused sharp but brief and transient pain to a patient or member of the public when they're being physically violent. As it is, using pain-compliance techniques in most public healthcare settings is frowned upon. Only a few hospitals in the UK will use it - Rampton, Ashworth and Broadmoor Special Hospitals all have staff trained in the use of riot shields and ASP Batons, for example - but general services aren't permitted to use pain compliance.

There are very good reasons for it around avoiding the potential for abuse of vulnerable patients, but personally if someone is being extremely physically violent, something like a shoulder-throw would be bloody handy. Can't do it though, and to do so would invite a potential lawsuit and probably cost a nurse their professional registration at the very least.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Masaq is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:31 PM   #36
Spaz
Supporting Member

Spaz's Avatar
Default Re: The chinese have a ninja police force?!

I want to know what bike they are using at 00:29, to me it looks like the front of a KTM but im not sure.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Spaz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:36 PM   #37
Scot
Supporting Member

Scot's Avatar
Send a message via Skype™ to Scot
Default Re: The chinese have a ninja police force?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Masaq View Post
Yes.

It's called pain compliance, and here in the UK the police are pretty big on it. They don't bandy it about much, but it forms the basis of pretty much every physical action needed to restrain someone.

The point is, when you have someone resisting arrest, they're not going to be too bothered about hurting the copper. Putting them out of the fight as quickly as possible is the desired aim, without causing long-term damage or life-threatening injury.

To that end, slinging the guy over the shoulder and throwing him onto the floor is pretty damn effective at accomplishing the two main aims of a restraint:

1) It stops him escaping arrest
2) It stops him hurting a copper or member of the public

It puts him on the ground, fast, probably very winded and disorientated, and the copper has his arm and is able (as he does in the video) to move immediately into position to apply cuffs to rear.

If the guy still had fight in him, the copper can use the arm he's got hold of to apply pressure to keep the suspect pinned to the ground until the other copper moves close enough to assist in the restraint.



Given that we've no way of knowing what the guy's being arrested for, whether or not people have been seriously hurt by his actions - but that at the very least he's pretty damn determined not to get pulled over by two police cars - then to my mind, that's reasonable.


Notice that they didn't have firearms drawn (as they would in the US) or even use ASP extendable batons drawn (as they may well have done in the UK). No weapons used, just a very quick takedown of someone who, potentially, was very dangerous.


At work, I would like to be able to use a manouver that caused sharp but brief and transient pain to a patient or member of the public when they're being physically violent. As it is, using pain-compliance techniques in most public healthcare settings is frowned upon. Only a few hospitals in the UK will use it - Rampton, Ashworth and Broadmoor Special Hospitals all have staff trained in the use of riot shields and ASP Batons, for example - but general services aren't permitted to use pain compliance.

There are very good reasons for it around avoiding the potential for abuse of vulnerable patients, but personally if someone is being extremely physically violent, something like a shoulder-throw would be bloody handy. Can't do it though, and to do so would invite a potential lawsuit and probably cost a nurse their professional registration at the very least.
Masaq's back!!! You forgot to add, it looks DAMN cool


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Scot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:51 PM   #38
hiberNative

hiberNative's Avatar
Default Re: The chinese have a ninja police force?!

kinda stereotypical to use the term "ninja"
ninja = japanese

-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hiberNative is offline
Last edited by hiberNative; 10-01-2008 at 06:18 PM..
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 06:57 AM   #39
davetboy_19
Supporting Member

davetboy_19's Avatar
Send a message via MSN to davetboy_19
Default Re: The chinese have a ninja police force?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiberNative View Post
kinda stereotypical to use the term "ninja"
ninja = japanese
What about Sweden = Hot Blondes. And Isn't that the main place Ninjas are from?...

I keep watching this video...makes me want to be a bomber just to get my ass kick...would make me cooler 'Dont ninja kick me BRO!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
I want to know what bike they are using at 00:29, to me it looks like the front of a KTM but im not sure.
Pretty sure you are right, looks like a KTM to me as well, since Not only does it have a 'wave' rotor on the front (all KTM's have these) but it also has very very simular guards as a KTM.

Mad-Mike - Good photo's but why do u have 2 threads that are the same?
[R-CON]ReadMenace - Are you referring to the obvious double-post or the less obvious, high-resolution military photographs thread?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
davetboy_19 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:18 AM   #40
Phoenix.86
Supporting Member

Phoenix.86's Avatar
Default Re: The chinese have a ninja police force?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec_Operator View Post
Well, others would have tased him or something, I guess being flipped wasnt the worst thing that could have happened to him.
Yep, read Masaq's post and then think of all the incidents that have been in countries where tasers are used (e.g. USA...). Some even have been killed due to being tased and I'd prefer receiving some small physical pain over being tased tbh.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ReadMenace: "...Could be wrong, the 6th soldier could be in the fetal position in the trunk. Or on the driver's lap.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Is that your radio poking me SL? Oh.. Ohgod.. It's not!"
Phoenix.86 is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
chinese, force, ninja, police
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:32 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2014, Project Reality.