project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
20 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 12:36 PM   #751
CareBear

Send a message via MSN to CareBear
Default Re: Post Your Screenshots (Not PR)

ok well since i dout anyone is going to see it in the chatter box ill post it here :P

ok.. how much of a god am i at medieval 2 total war?

and yes this is on hardest difficulty with rise of kings mod... so more difficult than vanilla
the germans have the most powerful total military force and seem to be focusing it onto me!
they were my allies from the start of the campaign and i stayed there ally while they were under threat from the pope and i also went to war with france to help them. After i destroy the back bone of the french army and take Paris i start to see 6 full bannered german armies start to come into my FOV so i was like finally there comming to help me against there enemy!

but no they surrond Paris, Rouen and another castle!
i quickly gather my king from taking over ireland with his son and get them into my possesion on the continent build up my force with mostly archers and billmen and another noble i then proceed to destroy 3 of the full banners with that single army in 1 turn and have done so for the past 10 turns, as more and more full bannered german armies keep entering my land. i finally caught up with my economy and could start to build up a second army to start my couinter offencive well the germans were not happy with this and my newly formed unexperenced army had hella of first fight :P

and the result

so discuss my awsomeness

bah i need Empire total war, i know this one too well

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CareBear is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:42 PM   #752
NickO

Send a message via MSN to NickO

That is awesome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[GCA]Al-Khidr
When ever you make a post the thread becomes awesome NickO, but that is beside the point.
[GCA]Salah ad Din
NickO, I'll take a plane, fly to Sweden and personally ban you from the Internet.
NickO is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:29 PM   #753
OiSkout

Haha man, castles are the best. I one time fended off a superior army on my borders(I think it was the Germans as well). I saw them coming so I just made as many militia/peasants and militia archers as I could. In the end I probably had 6 militias/peasants, 1 group of pikemen, and some militia archers, and a commander.

The problem was the enemy had siege weapons. So they began to batter down my walls and finally put a hole in one, and began to pour in troops. I let the enemy walk a little past the gap instead of fighting right in the chokepoint. This way I had two militia groups fighting one set of regulars. While this was happening, I had all my archers(militia and crossbowmen) shoot from the battlements raining down death. Things were going in my favor, till two more sections of the wall broke(which happened to be right next to the first hole). So I did the same thing with one of the gaps, letting the enemy proceed in a little and then sent my militia to hold the gap. However, the third gap had cavalry charging in. I send some peasants straight in to fill the hole and had the pikemen on standby when operation peasant shield was in effect.

By this point there turns out to be ANOTHER gap in my wall, so I just send my near-arrowless archers to fill that in, and I'm out of troops aside from my commander. By this time the first gap was nearly overrun, so I said F it, and charged my cavalry/commander in with wedge formation. They somehow broke through, routing 2 squads in the process. And then as I turned them around to charge further down the gap to simply take down as many as possible, the other groups were routed domino style.

And that is why castles are awesome. I beat an army which was superior in numbers and quality of troops. I won with frickin militia and peasants. Ridiculous.

Sigless.
OiSkout is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:37 PM   #754
CareBear

i wasnt in a castle or town just open field, and yes militia do kick major butt

this reminds me of Katarn after pissed at being beaten by my English army with my Longbowmen and dismounted knights in open field agasint his Egyptian masses. Changed it to to early period with me defending a castle... unfortuantly the reasin he changed it to early period was the fact that he still had the same troops, but the english being mainly a later period power had shitty units

Old 02-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #755
masterceo

Pure awsomeness

time for some CoH love
my Panzer Lehr division

in formation and ready to strike
sadly our ennemies dropped as soon as they saw 2 KT with Panzer IV flanking

Priby:Why cant i be norwegian?
H.sta:becouse we are a specially selected bunch of people created by god to show how awsome mankind can be
masterceo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:52 PM   #756
torenico

Send a message via MSN to torenico

Sick, but, No Panther no win

torenico is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:56 PM   #757
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareBear View Post
bah i need Empire total war, i know this one too well
PR ETW tourney kk?

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:18 PM   #758
CareBear

=D sounds good to me!

Old 02-05-2009, 02:50 AM   #759
torenico

Send a message via MSN to torenico

ooh good!

i bought Faces of War today, i noticed one crappy thing, no Humans vs AI battles? woot?

anyways, game seems to be fun, and controlling your crazy SS soldier whit an MP44 its hell fun!

I loved this battle, was so bloody!

And testing the Manual Fire Control, awesome.

Fatal Combination, Eldars + Imperial Guard = win, too bad i was Necron and the black and green things u see, its my base :P

torenico is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:05 AM   #760
Flanker15
Supporting Member

Have you got the previous game: Soldiers: Heroes of WW2 aswell? Most consider it better than FoW (well the graphics aren't as good obviously). Men of War the new one is looking really good and it takes allot more design from Soldiers than FoW.

Help Project Reality in Australia, join the bigD community!

Flanker15 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aircraft, assassinate, bin, cod, frag, gameplay, heavy, laden, neptune, post, primage, screenshots, simulator, spear, video, videos