project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
22 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2008, 01:13 PM   #1
Natala

Default Batman - The Dark Knight (Spoiler maybe?)

I am going to try and keep this as spoiler free as I can.

Wow I loved it, it is one of those movies that I actually stay thinking about the next day, and wanted to rush to see again. I loved the first Batman movie, and I'll admit I have read my share of Batman comics in the past so I was already a fan. But this was something else. I recommend everybody to see it, I think this one was actually better than the first one.

The Joker was freaky, every-time he showed up you couldn't help but sit on the edge of your seat watching his every move, his obsession with knives, his unpredictability, his sadistic humour, and so many subtle hints everywhere. Best. Super villain. On. Screen. in. years! It is such a shame the actor died, would love to see Joker in Batman 3 (and there will be a sequel), ideally with Harley Quinn at his side (His hot female and equally sadistic sidekick.)

The story about Harvey Dent was a bit too long for me, but I guess they needed to establish his relationship with Batman. It was very accurate to the comic book. That's all I will say for those that hasn't seen it.

Car chase was amazing, I usually get bored half way through a 20 min car chase, but this one was insane, especially that scene with... guy... in the road, batman on bike charging, boom...

Even the romantic "I stuck between being a super hero and having the hots for this girl" drama that every superhero sequel has, and you have seen done from James Bond to Spiderman, was done without sappy cliches and dragged on drama.

I'll say this, movie might be rated 12, but I would not bring any child younger than 14 to see it, some of the scenes are... Silence of the Lamb... style, except there really wasn't any gore or blood, but cool, very creepy and cool.

I loved it!

Warning, Geeky rant:

My guess for Sequel 3 villain: Bane, Poison Ivy, or Riddler

Riddler not played by Jim Carry that is, blah! Riddler is one of the few villains Batman fight that isn't insane, he just got a compulsive disorder to always leave a clue after a crime, even though he tell himself he wont.

Catwoman has been done too much though I am sure they would make her amazing if they brought her along, but bored with her, and sadly no Joker, no Harley Quinn.

Mr.Freeze and Crocman wouldn't excite me, and Crocman would just be weird seeing how he is a half man half crocodile.

Penguin toned down as a mob boss with an obsession with birds, could be good, but it is very easy to make him an over the top caricature.

Clayface is a bit too much out there, I mean, a man whoes body is made from clay is again a bit too cartoony, but seeing how his superpower is to copy others and shapeshift, he would make a good story.

I am excited!

"If you pwn and you know it, clap your hands!"
Last edited by Natala; 07-31-2008 at 01:21 PM..
Old 07-31-2008, 01:28 PM   #2
Spaz
Supporting Member

Default Re: Batman - The Dark Knight (Spoiler maybe?)

I still havn't seen this movie, i fell like im the only one in the world that havn't seen it

Spaz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:32 PM   #3
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Seen it LOVED it, great action, intelligent commentary of the human psyche (not conclusively correct, but great to ponder.

have to agree with the bike scenes, very well done

edit- scarface's sig is full of WIN

Last edited by Rudd; 07-31-2008 at 01:43 PM..
Old 07-31-2008, 01:34 PM   #4
SiN|ScarFace

Best part is in my sig.

SiN|ScarFace is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:43 PM   #5
Natala

I love your sig, that is a brilliant scene, I laughed out loud at that one, though it is one of the many "Silence of the Lamb" type of scenes that made me surprised the movie was rated 12. I get why though, it is hardly bloody or gory, I love it, but if you think about what he is doing in that scene it's pretty freaky, but then Joker is freaky! You should get that gif subtitles, his line in that clip is hilarious.

"Let me show you a magic trick"

I recommend "The Killing Joke" by Alan Moore, for anybody who wish to read about the Joker.

"If you pwn and you know it, clap your hands!"
Natala is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:45 PM   #6
ReaperMAC

Send a message via AIM to ReaperMAC Send a message via Skype™ to ReaperMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiN|ScarFace View Post
Best part is in my sig.
x 2, "Why so serious? Let's put a smile on that face."

PR Test Team: Serious Business
[R-DEV]dbzao: My head Rhino.... (long pause) My beautiful head
[R-DEV]Rhino - If you want to spam do it in the tester area please.
Control the Media, Control the Mind.
ReaperMAC is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:55 PM   #7
Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Dunehunter

What doesn't kill you only makes me stranger. I loved every part of this movie, from the HEAT style opening over the awesome action to the dramatic end.

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
Dunehunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:46 PM   #8
DeePsix
Supporting Member

Frickin' amazing movie - start to Finnish. Ledger's Joker is one of my favorite villains ever - and he really went out in a fireball of a last role. If Russel Crowe gets an award for Gladitor's acting, the Ledger more than deserves one in this.

Why is Batman running?
Because we have to chase him...

PR Testing Team: Serious Business.
[R-DEV]LeadMagnet: I guess that's what you get when an Irishman drinks light beer.....bad advice.
[R-DEV]dbzao: I'm Oscar Mike, OSCAR MIKE!!!!
DeePsix is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:24 PM   #9
Bob_Marley
Retired PR Developer

Aye, twas awesome

"He's gunna need something alot bigger to get through this..."

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Bob_Marley is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:44 PM   #10
Scot
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Scot

I soooo wanna see it!

Scot is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
batman, dark, knight, spoiler