project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
22 Jan 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2008, 01:58 PM   #1
Sturnn

Default Being Called A Noob?

I just want to know how many of you have been called a noob on project reality, even though you've been playing the mod for like god knows how many years/months etc, i just hate it when your like playing it constantly and you, like get into a vehicle for example...i was in a warrior IFV and what happend?, this guy climbs up infront of me "i was in driver position" and what does he call me?, a noob, and started saying "Get Out You Stupid Noob", im not saying im starting a flame war or anything, i just want to know how many of you, out there!, have been called a noob or something silly, even though your not?.

I just hate people like that, they ruin the gameplay, picking on people just because they won't do this, or won't do that!. everyone starts out as a noob.

May I Please Have Some Feedback, Thanks!!.

Ex-British Squaddie
Sturnn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:22 PM   #2
NiGHTWoLF

Default Re: Being Called A Noob?

I wouldnt take being called a noob to heart, I call people it all the time. I think the word noob is starting to just become something people call each other jsut for fun, just like mates call each other "fag" and "tosser" just for kicks, but then again that might just be RGG

As I say I wouldnt take it to heart.

You're most probably a noob
NiGHTWoLF is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:24 PM   #3
[R-DEV]Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Meh, it's the internet and everyone just selfishly insults each other for no reason.

[R-DEV]Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:26 PM   #4
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

i've been called a retard for crashing a chopper once, the guy completely went off the handle cuz he lost his l337 sniper kit, but n00b...no

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:28 PM   #5
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq

To my mind, "n00b" is a deliberate gamer's insult whilst "newb" is the term for someone new to the game... so if someone calls me a newb then I'd be quietly confident that I'm not, and if someone calls me a n00b then if it's T&T I'll warn 'em for it and if it's any other then I'll ignore 'em and they can go swivel on it

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." - Washington Post
Masaq is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:29 PM   #6
Fluffywuffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz View Post
Meh, it's the internet and everyone just selfishly insults each other for no reason.
Outlaw you noob.

When I get in a chopper run away

[DM]AirborneLegs or hellatom ingame
Fluffywuffy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:35 PM   #7
Viper5

TBH, depends on the context. If I'm playing with the real n00bs (IE RGG), then noob is about as common as the word "the", and thus I dont even blink when I hear it. Which brings me to my next disclaimer: If I call you a noob in a server, dont be insulted.
Viper5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:37 PM   #8
Natala

There is a list of stuff far worse to be called than Noob.

As most obviously know, Noob is short for Newbie which in turn is short for "New Beginner", and simply implies that you are, or is acting like, somebody who is new at the game. "You are such a new beginner".

It is hardly a crying matter, in RGG it is a word of affection and greeting, (that and c**k - don't ask). We are a clan whom life goal is to recruit from people who excel at noobism, and has an infinitive to.. the above word.

That's why so many of them end up as R-Dev.

Lifeless sad bastards.

Personally I have been told by knob-heads all through my life that the lack of... the word above... means I am always going to be a noob. (Like I needed one of those to be noobish, I earned that title all on my own thankyouverymuch.)

"If you pwn and you know it, clap your hands!"
Natala is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:37 PM   #9
G.Drew

Send a message via MSN to G.Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiGHTWoLF View Post
I wouldnt take being called a noob to heart, I call people it all the time. I think the word noob is starting to just become something people call each other jsut for fun, just like mates call each other "fag" and "tosser" just for kicks, but then again that might just be RGG

As I say I wouldnt take it to heart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Masaq View Post
To my mind, "n00b" is a deliberate gamer's insult whilst "newb" is the term for someone new to the game... so if someone calls me a newb then I'd be quietly confident that I'm not, and if someone calls me a n00b then if it's T&T I'll warn 'em for it and if it's any other then I'll ignore 'em and they can go swivel on it
same here

[R-COM]BloodBane611: I do like the old school rape...However, it's a bit awkward to be a white boy blasting the old school in public....
G.Drew is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 03:12 PM   #10
Spaz
Supporting Member

Natala is a noob but she is also right

Don't care when ppl call you a noob I call ppl that and get called that everyday

Well as said before we in RGG might be a bit different...

Spaz is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
called, noob