project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
17 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2008, 10:26 PM   #1
Bamboo

Default Vimeo policy change and Bamboo is pissed

Ok, so as some of you know, bunch of us have made videos from games and found that Vimeo is a great place to post them and you can even post in HD, like the much missed Stage6 used to do before they crashed.

So today I am checking my sites and and now in a pretty pissed off mood since I found this:

Vimeo Bans Upload Of Game Videos

Why you ask? Right now I have over 100gigs of ARMA recording on my harddrive and I just spent almost 8 hours over the weekend trying some new things with Vegas. That is not including the rendering times, which are about an hour each, and I tried a lot of different ways, including one that made a 6 gig movie. So I was going to render 1 last time on this test movie and upload to Vimeo tonight.

I am not a happy camper.

Edit:

So, like I said, I had a ton of stock video, so here is my first video. I decided to post on Vimeo for now, since I still have a week for people to see it and my time will go unwasted a bit anyway.

I didn't use any special FX on this one, just left it uncut to show an actual mission. I felt like most people always cut to just show the action parts, and I wanted to show people a real mission.
I will admit I was very new to the game, and was very cautious and moved slower than I do now. That is also why I chose the music. I was really stressing at the time on "Stayin' Alive"

Enjoy it while the movie is still available.

http://www.vimeo.com/1397024

Remember if it shows up in a little pop up screen, you can click through to watch it a lot better. And I actually rendered it in high def so it would have looked awesome, and much better and bigger on their site, but that version came in at 532mb, and the limit is 500mb. Since their change in policy, I'm not going to waste my time re-rendering it to try and fit in the limit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bamboo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:20 PM   #2
OiSkout

Default Re: Vimeo policy change and Bamboo is pissed

Heh nice vid though. What's the first song?

PS - Paper Planes is the shit.

Sigless.
OiSkout is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:13 AM   #3
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

At least there's still WeGame.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bosco_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:45 AM   #4
Brummy

Send a message via MSN to Brummy

Just call the videos something like 'Holiday Trips' Have the first scene start with some holiday pictures = win

Meh, that's really bad I enjoyed HD quality videos on vimeo. Uber Graphics

|
Brummy is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bamboo, change, pissed, policy, vimeo