project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
28 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2008, 02:36 AM   #1
creepin

Cool Your favorite special forces.

I like the GSG9 a lot, because of their awesome speed and skill (see somalia) and because they're german and achieved such a high respect among other such forces:

On a german TV documentary they said only one GSG9 member has actually been killed by an enemy gunshot, but that was because he wasn't wearing his armor properly.
They even have bullet proof helmets with bulletproof glass (correct me if i'm wrong)

And i find the SAS kick ass above all military spec ops. because thats where the roots of special operations lie, seriously, i read that recruits even died in the selection!! That must be hard. they're badass. even more badass than marines (and more professional obviously)
oh, and because they wear these awesome gas masks:

What special forces do you think are cool, or do you like? (maximum 2)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
TAP DAT ASS.
creepin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 02:53 AM   #2
Ironcomatose

Default Re: Your favorite special forces.

You know this is going to end up in a VS thread, right?

Its naive and foolish to compare military units such as these. Each one is great in their own respect and each one has proven them selfs to be amongst the worlds most elite fighting forces. I think the same can be said about most modern militaries, you simply cant say one is better than the other.

[R-DEV]DuneHunter - No offense to any female gamers, but never, ever underestimate the amount of havoc a woman can unleash upon innocent unsuspecting electronics.
Ironcomatose is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:34 AM   #3
HughJass

OMFG MaH SPUCIAL VORCES R BUTTER ZEN URZS!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I like GROM...

HughJass is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:51 AM   #4
ReaperMAC

Send a message via AIM to ReaperMAC Send a message via Skype™ to ReaperMAC

Team RAINBOW
An elite counter-terrorism unit, composed of the best and brightest soldiers from NATO countries, which was formed to address the growing problem of international terrorism.

US Special Forces, Group 5, 1st Battalion, D Company
They refer to themselves as "The Ghosts"

Yeah, they are better than yours.

[R-DEV]dbzao: My head Rhino.... (long pause) My beautiful head
[R-DEV]Rhino - If you want to spam do it in the tester area please.
Control the Media, Control the Mind.
Last edited by ReaperMAC; 07-15-2008 at 04:08 AM..
Old 07-15-2008, 04:54 AM   #5
Polka

SPETSNAZ.

Polka is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:16 AM   #6
Brummy

Send a message via MSN to Brummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HughJass View Post
OMFG MaH SPUCIAL VORCES R BUTTER ZEN URZS!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
That's exactly what we would not fancy seeing. Please, do keep this thread on its own rails, and don't make it a VS thread, because then there will be a giant lockage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironcomatose View Post
You know this is going to end up in a VS thread, right?
Let's hope not.

I like Chinese SOFs, no exact regiment, etc. They're very tough, strong, compared to the taller and larger US SOFs, Brits, etc. I know that how tall you are doesn't say anything about the strength, but it's still very cool. As no one likes these units, I'll pick em

|
Brummy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:29 AM   #7
Sturnn

Mines gotta be the British SAS which was formed in 1940-41 or was it 42?, well anyways, i love the SAS cos they're so badass...then the navy seals, they're quite cool!.

Ex-British Squaddie
Sturnn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:42 AM   #8
Proff3ssorXman

Send a message via MSN to Proff3ssorXman Send a message via Skype™ to Proff3ssorXman

SAS, and SBS.

Recently read a book on SBS and their role in 'Operation Enduring Freedom' (I think it was *Off to check now*)

Good Reading.

Proff3ssorXman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:18 AM   #9
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

GSG9 is like the FBI Swat teams, can't really be put in a group with mil. SF
bosco_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:23 AM   #10
SuperTimo

Send a message via MSN to SuperTimo

SAS are the greatest special forces team in the world as they have the most experience and one of the harshest training programmes in the world. Most of the stuff they do we never find out about.

the SAS can perform operations destroying certain targets etc in Iraq whislt back home having a hostage rescue and counterterrosim on stand by. (iranian embassy anyone?)

also i have seen them when ive been on the same base as them (sennybridge in wales), for a dare i said "hi sergent" to one and in return he replied "alright corporal" not smiling at all just looking badass, if you look at them you can tell they are not normal soldiers

Last edited by SuperTimo; 07-15-2008 at 06:29 AM..

Tags
favorite, forces, special